Playable on Mac?

Raeken - Sanctuary
Raeken - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
Hello, I have a friend who might be interested in playing this game, and she has a Mac. Is it possible whatsoever to play this game on a mac? Or any version in the future coming where it would be?
Post edited by Raeken - Sanctuary on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hiya, we do not officially provide support for Macs as the client doesn't run native on the OS, however if your friend has experience with Bootcamp or similar programs it may be possible for him to get it to work
  • Raeken - Sanctuary
    Raeken - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanks very much, neither of us have heard of it before, but we'll see if we can find it and getting it working. Thanks for the help!
  • LSunnyL - Sanctuary
    LSunnyL - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Good luck. Hope you can get it to work.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I run PWI on my Macbook fine using bootcamp. With bootcamp you can boot you laptop into Vista instead of OSX and then it behaves as a normal PC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Some of our users play on Mac that way. You just have to be prepared for possible driver conflicts, hardware not being recognized, and other issues that can crop up doing virtualization, emulation, or using hardware that may not be optimized for Windows usage.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.