Need Help Deciding Between Classes

Options
beforedawn
beforedawn Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Mmmmm I'm new to this game and I've been looking around the forums reading stickies. I'm really in a pickle because I don't know which class I should play.

I know I don't want to be a barbarian because I would like to stay female. I was leaning towards venomancer at first but then after doing research it seemed way too complicated, especially for me because I have slow reflexes and I'm clumsy so I tend to press the wrong buttons.

So I was wondering, is there a class that doesn't require too much timing of moves/skills and is fairly simple to play for beginners?
Post edited by beforedawn on

Comments

• Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Veno is actually the easiest class. Once you get a phoenix/herc, you'll only need to move around and press 2-3 buttons during combat.
  • Fear_Arrows - Sanctuary
    Fear_Arrows - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Get a veno with a herc/nix if you want to play easy stupid mode.

Any other class for the actual Perfect World experience :)
    "damage over time skills are near useless.. the only reason I use any of them is against bosses because the animations for them look pretty good." -Keroman
  • beforedawn
    beforedawn Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    :O What about all the luring and summoning then dismissing and stuff? I'm not sure I'll remember what to do when. >.< And the pet stuff seems complicated.
  • LSunnyL - Sanctuary
    LSunnyL - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you want it to be easy, then pick a barbarian because it's a tank. Quests will be relatively simple for you, and you'll enjoy it. Once you choose, feel free to ask me for help or anything. My name in game is LSunnyL.
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    beforedawn wrote: »
    :O What about all the luring and summoning then dismissing and stuff? I'm not sure I'll remember what to do when. >.< And the pet stuff seems complicated.
    If you want it to be easy, then pick a barbarian because it's a tank. Quests will be relatively simple for you, and you'll enjoy it. Once you choose, feel free to ask me for help or anything. My name in game is LSunnyL.

I only got my Veno to lvl 26 before happily switching to a Cleric but being a Veno was fun. The Venos have it much easier than other classes for the obvious reason of being able to send in your pet to kill big enemies or bosses. It is also very expensive because you have to feed your pet when it's active every five minutes or it becomes hungry and it could also die. Buy water which is the cheapest way to keep it well if you choose Veno. If you get the Christmas Blessing then you will never have to feed your pet again. You can find this in consignment shops on occasion and is expensive but worth it.

Also for Veno the whole luring thing is something I wondered about. You just send in your pet as bait so the mobs will come closer to you which is not hard. Summoning is just a matter of clicking one icon so thats very easy. Venos take maintance no doubt but if you like having a pet make quests easier then go for it. At higher levels a Hercules or Nix allow you to be extremely popular with people doing their Call of duties. You will get messaged alot and make a lot of exp/spirit.

I also suggest Blademasters because us girlies can play them. BM's are super fast and very powerful.

If you like to heal and help others then consider being a Cleric. Clerics are also very much in demand when you get the revive spell and healing parties spells. I must warn you that people will constantly ask for a revive and some will even demand it from you. Pay them no mind if you go with Cleric.

Choose wisely and good luck :)