Help I can't get it started

Fanya - Lost City
Fanya - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
I had a weird issue with my game client last night where an error box with all but english symbols popped up after I clicked start in my game client. There would be two boxes one yes and one no. I clicked no every time.

I decided that uninstalling and reinstalling the game would fix this. I have since been unable to start my game client. I have done several full system scans with AVG and Adaware to no avail.

I can get the update box and it tells me that an update is available so I proceed to start the process and the window closes. I have tried manually patching this and again the same thing happens.

I have even gone to my school where it is firewalled so it can't check for the updates automatically. It was fully up to date and I clicked start then the box went away and nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Post edited by Fanya - Lost City on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2009
    I'm going to need some more information from you. Go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Fanya - Lost City
    Fanya - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. I may have figured out a way around it; I disabled Ad-Watch Live and tried entering the client box and updating, and it started (it is currently updating). My Ad-Aware seems to think that the updates are or have malicious intent. I have done what you told me to anyway.
    Here is what it says(I don't know how to show it like you did):

Device
    Name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip Type: GeForce Go 6150
    DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Approx. Total Memory: 330MB
    Current Display Mode: 1280 x 800 (32bit)(60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Drivers
    Main Driver: nvd3dum.dll
    Version: 7.15.0010.9746 (English)
    Date: 12/7/2006 12:25:00 AM
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    DDI Version: 9Ex

DirectX Features
    DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
    Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
    AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

Notes
    *No problems found.

The only differences between what mine showed and what yours does it that under DirectX Features mine does not have any of the buttons that say Disable or Test DirectDraw or Test Direct3D, therefor also not having the other bullet points in Notes .

I thank you again for your time.
  • Ruggedmonk - Harshlands
    Ruggedmonk - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ok so i was getting the unreadable error with the crazy symbols the only thing readable was directx. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Now I am at the point where it needs to update but it doesnt go any further than updating file console_cmd.txt then it stays there for a while blinks a quick message too fast for me to read and stays on that file not updating. Here is my info:

Name: NVIDIA Vanta/Vanta LT (Microsoft Corporation)
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Approx Tot. Memory: 16.0 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1024x768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug And Play Monitor

Drivers

Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
    Version 6.14.0010.5673 (English)
    Date: 4/13/2008
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
    VDD: N/A
    DDI Version: 7

Direct X Features

DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
    Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
    AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

Notes

No problems found.
    To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
    To test Direct3D functionality, click the "Test Direct3D" button above.

HEEEEEELLLLP PLEASE!
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Ruggedmonk - Harshlands
    Ruggedmonk - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased

Thanks, ticket Sent!
This discussion has been closed.