I Want A Gm To Read This (cat Shops @ West Archo)

Options
2»

Comments

• Sidel - Dreamweaver
    Sidel - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It was mentioned before... press and hold down shift and your mouse clicks will ignore players so you can click any shop you want.

Next to your character portrait on the top left there is a performance toggle to instantly switch between high and low graphics and you can also toggle viewing players on and off which really makes the game run smooth in west archo...

I have not had any issues with lag once I toggle off the hide/show players.

P.S. I love how the cat shops a re crowded, it reminds me of a real virtual market place. Unlike other MMO's I know I feel that the freek market in PWI is fantastic and really gives the players sense of of value for them items we collect.

• Amehlea - Sanctuary
    Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This isnt a dumb idea lol its organised but not very probable.
    see how many agree the catshops should be on the side of the road and not near npcs.

perhaps its would be very well organised if catshop all got in lines
    I agree west arch is mall central. I my self try to avoid crownded area or npc front spots i find some nice visable area near a npc that is selling stuff like i am or that requires my stuff.

this is my idea you all know how the roads in arch are right well theres like theses long stones that border the roads. It would be perfect and well organised in the road areas only if catshop were limited to 2 catshops per "sidewalk rectangle" and it can still be a sorta jumble mess in the section areas say " where the npcs are in a walled off area" again not dumb but not very probable.

PS: for those of you who dont get it think parking spots hehe!!
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Nothing wrong with the catshops in Arch or in the game at all. I enjoy the choas and disorderly fashion. Its like a crazy Zoo of shopoholics.

Option#1 If you lag then click the little button on the top left to lower the rez and eliminate viewing players within a few feet of you.

If you can't consider yourself doing option one then accept the lag and stop b:cry.

When you are in your lagginess since you have chosen to ignore option#1, around Jensi Crazy Stone Chick bloody well hold shift-key then click the NPC.

b:cute
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Kittypounces - Dreamweaver
    Kittypounces - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I LOL when I see people in common chat in West Arch say things like "can you plz move ur big **** mount cuz i cant click on banker okay?!?!"

This hint will be your best friend, ever. Press and hold the shift key. Move your mouse near the NPC you want to click while continuing to hold down shift. Miracle of all miracles, you can click through people, cat shops, mounts, and anything else! WONDER OF WONDERS! HOORAY!

If your computer is running this game on min. requirements and you have full graphics on in west arch...you're gonna lag. There are things you can do to make life easier in west. Turn on optimal settings. Turn off graphic effects. Turn down terrain and any other settings not necessary while in West Arch. These things help at least a little bit, QQing and trying to make rules about where you can put cat-shops doesn't. Cat-shops ONLY on the sidewalk will not cut down on lag, man.

^ FAIL ^

I'm sorry, but you're pathetic attempt to troll is [not quite] wasted. Please relog and try again b:bye

[Almost] everyone will agree, all these people on these [very large] mounts are one of the primary causes of [graphical] lag in archosaur. SHIFT+F9 is not the "be-all, end-all" solution, it does not work when you need to access the Auction House, where everyone clumps together [on their mounts] for hours on end.

At the very least, (in regards to the mount problem again) the GMs/Devs should find a way to have players who are AFK for X amount of time get auto-logout so they cant just sit there showing off their mount while AFK. You see this all the time in West Archosaur.
    Okay but seriously, why not just have an option to not view the shops the same way we disable names, titles, etc?

^ THIS ^

May I just say, BEST IDEA EVER. Very simple, VERY effective, and VERY FRELLING EASY to implement. If the GMs/Devs don't implement this, it is simply because they are too lazy... not to mention that we can say "They won't do it because it does not make them money." b:chuckle
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options

[Almost] everyone will agree, all these people on these [very large] mounts are one of the primary causes of [graphical] lag in archosaur. SHIFT+F9 is not the "be-all, end-all" solution, it does not work when you need to access the Auction House, where everyone clumps together [on their mounts] for hours on end.

Contrary to what you are saying choosing to hit shift-F9 will solve your auction problem. You do not need to stand right next to the Auctioneer to activate it. So you can still be in Lag-free mode far enough away and avoid being surrounded by all the auction shoppers as you state are sitting on the Auctioneer.
  • Kittypounces - Dreamweaver
    Kittypounces - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Contrary to what you are saying choosing to hit shift-F9 will solve your auction problem. You do not need to stand right next to the Auctioneer to activate it. So you can still be in Lag-free mode far enough away and avoid being surrounded by all the auction shoppers as you state are sitting on the Auctioneer.

Have you even ever been in West Archosaur? Well, let me re-phrase this...
    Have you ever payed attention to the Auctioneer in West Archosaur?

The mob (yes, mob) of people clumped together around the Auctioneer is so large, on an almost continuous basis, that regardless of where you stand, you'll be getting a group of other players in your "minimum range". Not to mention that those who have the greater lagmounts (Hellfire Drake, Crimson Bladetalon, etc) seem to gravitate as close as they can to the actual NPC (which requires them to be within the "minimum range").
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Have you even ever been in West Archosaur? Well, let me re-phrase this...
    Have you ever payed attention to the Auctioneer in West Archosaur?

The mob (yes, mob) of people clumped together around the Auctioneer is so large, on an almost continuous basis, that regardless of where you stand, you'll be getting a group of other players in your "minimum range". Not to mention that those who have the greater lagmounts (Hellfire Drake, Crimson Bladetalon, etc) seem to gravitate as close as they can to the actual NPC (which requires them to be within the "minimum range").

You still have not stated any reason for lag? Even if there was a sufficient amount of people around the NPC (and yes I have been to the auctioneer you are mentioning) and you have Shift-F9 in place then you are limiting the amount of people to load into your screen from being in range. Now you will not be affected by lag. If you are affected by lag with only a few people in your screen then WTF are you playing this game for?? If you can't handle atleast 10 people in your view then stop QQing.

The QQing is not directed at you in particular just for anyone crying about lagging because there a few people around them in Arch or anywhere.

Don't forget to hold shift then click on the NPC to activate them.
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I kind of like the half an hour freeze lag in West ADC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    please don't begin threads with "compared to (other game)..." It's gonna get your thread locked every time b:chuckle
  • cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Of course I dont like lag but I do like all shops in one place.
    Forcing all shops to a remote location is not a solution. What's the point if you open a shop where nobody will visit.
    Shop lag is not a PWI thing. Any game that has player shops has the same problem.
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't think "Forcing" Catshops anywhere is the solution.

One thing Catshops do is provide a map of player population. Clearly we can see that there's far too much activity over in West Arch. Everybody goes there, so the shops are set up there.

It's a big city, we need things to do in other areas of the city. If they manage to distribute points of interest better, then the Catshops will attempt to match the new congregation areas. When these areas are evenly distributed, so will Catshops. Looks better and reduces lag for most people.

I would think the easiest way to do this is copy the CS NPC, rename her, and stick her on the other side of the city. (So you can start/end your quest at two different areas.) This would effectively split most of the traffic in two, and divert Catshops there to meet the new traffic corridor.
  • Ezriel - Harshlands
    Ezriel - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Delete the dam things, and make a more user friendly Auction house.
    Imo..
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with cat shops. You have not seen player-shop hell until you play lineageII.

Picture this:
    1. a sea of shops like west arch.
    2. collision detection (you can't walk through other players!)
    3. no jumping, no flying!
    4. player blocking a door, now you can't walk through it!!!
    You literaly couldn't walk from one side of the city to the other without weaving through shops like a rodent in a maze!

West arch is fine... a bit of graphical lag but no big deal. I only wish there was a feature for auto-searching all cat-shop titles in the vicinity, like in l2. That way you can find the shop you need without opening every ambiguously named shop.
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ^ FAIL ^

It's shift+Click and it ALWAYS works, even at the auction house. So should we just take away everyone's mounts?
    At the very least, (in regards to the mount problem again) the GMs/Devs should find a way to have players who are AFK for X amount of time get auto-logout so they cant just sit there showing off their mount while AFK. You see this all the time in West Archosaur.

It's called LEVELING your pet, want your pet to go faster? Then stand around on it for a few hours! Although, there isn't any specific reason they need to be in West Arch while they do it. But auto-logout on afk is just plain stupid.
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    everyone shhh calm down its just game don't go all ape now. If one person says shift click i think we all get the point.. I aggree there should be a place for catshops less lag in archo and i can finally survive without getting 10min lag!
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'd like to be able to turn off mounts. I don't mind catshops, they don't lag me, but I hate the bloody giant mounts in the way.

In the way of me trying to access catshops, ironically enough.
  • sparqy
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Whenever you ask for only a GM to answer here, you often get anything but.

Send in a trouble ticket then, this is a PUBLIC FORUM.
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    There should be some sort of limit to the number of cat shops in one area. It's not a problem that would make me leave pw, but it's still something that warrants some attention.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparqy
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am a merchant by trade in PWI, I consider my merchant, nearly to be my main character.

I would actually LOVE a small radius around the npcs, where we cannot put shops. This would provide for a more attractive shopping experience for everyone. And it's actually better for merchants overall, even if those who currently do it, may oppose it.

I take pride in how I present my shop, and I always give myself space around it, to make it more visible. I think when catshops are on top of npc's, it's just plain ugly, for lack of a better word.
  • sparqy
    edited July 2009
    Options
    There should be some sort of limit to the number of cat shops in one area. It's not a problem that would make me leave pw, but it's still something that warrants some attention.

I oppose this approach to the congestion for several reasons.

By having any sort of limit, you will create demand for certain spots over others, and it will be about racing to log in when server comes up, etc...

I just don't think we should introduce that kind of pressure on people who can't be there at the moment the server comes up.

My other fear, is that to solve the problem of this unintended consequence, that PWI would institute some sort of auction system, to sell locations, and collect a fee for something that is currently free.

To not only put down proposed solutions, but to also contribute ideas of my own, I am curious what people would think about a very small radious around each vendor, where another vendor can't be?

I don't have a concrete opinion of it yet myself, but here are some thoughts...

I think the radius should be small enough, so that there is still enough room for a few people around the various npcs. I would also recommend a radius around npcs, a bit larger, where no vendors can be.

The locations where you can put your cat shop, would be dynamic. Say you wanted to be near the npc, but 3-5 other cat shops were basically circling it (they would be outside the npc's radius) and their own combined radius, would create a circle around the NPC essentially. You could be in the 2nd circle out basically, but then when one of them disconnects you could take their spot, and yes, now they would be in the 2nd circle. This would create a little "land rush" every time server came up, but disconnects are frequent enough in this game, that there would be good turnover, and everyone would get their "Turn" at the good spots.