Dex based BM Blader

DorienAenor - Lost City
DorienAenor - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Blademaster
Ok, I've seen a lot of people saying that dex based BM Bladers shine after lv. 9x... is that true? What stats should i have for TW/ PVP if i go for a Dex based blader?

Thanks
Post edited by DorienAenor - Lost City on

Comments

• nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Dont go Pure Dexterity at early levels. As a Blademaster you get pretty good HP with every point of Vitality so you are basicly ignoring this Benefit if you choose to go Pure Dexterity Build. Minimum Dexterity for any Lv 80 - 90 Blademaster is around 100 ( Can get 60 Dexterity if you properly pick your Eqp, i.e, get loads of +Accuracy Equipment like Rings + Belt + Neck etc which makes up for the 40 more Dexterity ).

If you have luck getting the Lv 77 Misty Forest Ring (+50% Accuracy) + Refined Equipment with Socketed HP Shards, then I could say going Dexterity Build would be ok. However do not go Pure Dexterity if you are short of funds because you tend to use a lot on your Charm and you go seriously low on HP after 60+ which would make you suck at Levelling and PVP.

Most People prefer to pick Vitality Build with as much Vitality as possible till 90 and then restat to Pure Dexterity at 90. The reason is TT90 Armor gives almost +200 - 250 HP every piece once they are refined to +4 or +5. Hence your whole TT90 Set would give you loads of HP making Vitality a useless Stat, hence at that Level most BMs start resetting to Pure Dexterity Builds. Also, you could grab the Lv 88 Legendary Ring that adds +30% Accuracy and +2% Critical which further increases your Critical Rate and Accuracy if you tend to go Pure Dexterity after 90 for PVP Purposes.
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Is it realy true that TT90 set makes vit a useless stat? I mean if you have 100 vit, its still 1500 HP... wouldnt throw that away just like that....
  • nicoleluver
    edited July 2009
    Well, it depends on the person's gameplay preference. You dont really need a TT90 Set to increase HP by refining, you can notice Armor Lv 80+ starting to add sufficient HP once refined.
    Also, remember that all BMs aim for Lv 90 Berserk Weapons which deals spike damage once every often. A Pure Dexterity Build would add more Criticals, meaning you deal Double your Berserk Damage more often than a Pure Vitality Build.

1> Critical Rate :
    Pure Vitality would have around 5% ( Capping Dex at 49 for TT90 Axe Wpn )
    Pure Dex can easily go 20% if picked the right Equipment (Thats 4 times the Critical Rate of a Pure Vitality Build meaning you Critical very often and deal loads of damage in very less time )

2> Accuracy & Evasion :
    Pure Dex definitely fairs better in these stats

3> Damage ( Most Important of all Stats )
    Though both builds deal the same amount of Damage, It would appear something like this in 5 Hits :

Pure Vitality : normal, normal, normal, normal, berserk ( Say Pure Vit has 5% Critical Hit Rate )
    Pure Dex : normal, berserk(Critical), normal, normal, critical ( Say Pure Dex has 20% Critical Rate )

Now calculate the Damage dealt over time, its fairly obvious what Build deals more Damage over time because of the Critical Rate. ( Above Damage Comparison is just an example -_-; and is not to be taken literally )

Also, At 90+ Archers have lots of Evasion. Could a Pure Vitality Build pull off more accurate Hits ? Pure Dexterity Build seems fairly better here and any extra +XX% Accuracy Rings only add more accuracy making Pure Dexterity Builds have a hell lot of Accuracy, miss rarely on Archers or in PVE.

Then again, these are just facts and Builds depend on your gameplay style, For example Pure Dex Build might be good in PVP and Levelling while Pure Vitality is good in Survivability etc, so I cant say which one is the better one but at Lv 90 Both Pure Dex and Pure Vit BMs have 6K+ HP (Refined & Sharded). Think you need a few 1500 - 2000 more HP ? Its upto you. b:bye
  • DorienAenor - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Thanks guys for the help! I guess there's no way that we can say which one is the best, so, i will go for vit till lv 80 and restart to dex i think....
    edited July 2009
    So, as I posted before, if I go VIT 'till late 8x's and reset stats for pure DEX, I will need to lvl as soon as I can for reach the 8x lvl. For lvling, should I go 5 STR, 3 DEX and 2 VIT every 2 lvls, or there is a better way to go for lvling fast?
  • nicoleluver
    edited July 2009
    Personally I think Vitality helps in levelling especially if your an Axe BM since you need some Vitality while Luring Mobs for AOE Levelling at Lvls 60+. Since I dont know what weapon you use I cant say much. Here is a really good guide that can help you with Weapon Stats :

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143481&highlight=blademaster+weapon+stats (Lyndura's Blademaster Guide)

Also, Check this out, its a Perfect World Character Stats & Eqp Information Simulator, I can say its really accurate coz I tested it myself. Would be fun experimenting with your own Builds and such :

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/ (Perfect World Char Stats Simulator )
    (Make sure you click on the Perfect World Internation version or Equipment traslates to other versions )
    edited July 2009
    I am using Dual Blades and thats the path I'll follow in the game.
    edited July 2009
    Personally I think Vitality helps in levelling especially if your an Axe BM since you need some Vitality while Luring Mobs for AOE Levelling at Lvls 60+. Since I dont know what weapon you use I cant say much. Here is a really good guide that can help you with Weapon Stats :

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143481&highlight=blademaster+weapon+stats (Lyndura's Blademaster Guide)

Also, Check this out, its a Perfect World Character Stats & Eqp Information Simulator, I can say its really accurate coz I tested it myself. Would be fun experimenting with your own Builds and such :

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/ (Perfect World Char Stats Simulator )
    (Make sure you click on the Perfect World Internation version or Equipment traslates to other versions )

Thanks for the links man, Lyndura's Guide I had already read like 4.000 times, but that simulator is new to me, thanks a lot!
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Also, At 90+ Archers have lots of Evasion. Could a Pure Vitality Build pull off more accurate Hits ? Pure Dexterity Build seems fairly better here and any extra +XX% Accuracy Rings only add more accuracy making Pure Dexterity Builds have a hell lot of Accuracy, miss rarely on Archers or in PVE.

Actually, you would be surprised how much a VIT build hits at level 90+ with just around 80 base DEX.
  • Temblor - Harshlands
    Temblor - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I dont advise any BM to go for builds with lower than 1 vit per lvl. But be free to do so then fill the forums later with "BMs suck" threads. Lategame magics hit beyond your imagination once they get they're lvl 95+ weapons refined you are dust if they click on you. Every bit of hp counts and 1 dex per level is enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kiss my pointy ears!
    Girl IRL-guy cleric IG.b:cute
    edited July 2009
    Actually, you would be surprised how much a VIT build hits at level 90+ with just around 80 base DEX.

Oh My, its Lyndura Herself!!! LoL!!! So, with your experience, do you think that a Lv. 99 BM with dual swords would do fine with enought STR for Heavy Armor, 80 vit and the rest on DEX?
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It really depends what you want to do. For carebears like me who grind with a cleric, vit is useless. Now, feel free to laugh at me like the rest of the server, but I've only got 30 vit, and 4k HP atm. So I'm a pushover in PvP for any ranged class, although BM and WB can't kill me of course.

Why do I only have 4k HP? For grinding with a cleric, this is MORE than sufficient. Any HP over what you need t o live is wasted damage or accuracy. Since I hit more with my dex (147 atm), it takes less hits to kill them, saving me armor repair costs when I aoe, and less healing for the cleric. The evasion is nice, but note that there seems to roughly be a halving of evasion's effectiveness after doubling your absolute evasion.

For example: 1k evasion might give 10% dodge, but 2k evasion may only give 15% dodge.

What does this mean overall? As a dex BM, make sure you have increments of 20 dex obviously. Now, since your spike dmg is lower (barring myriad sword stance iirc) and you want to PvP, you're going to need some kind of survivability, which dex is the WORST at providing. As sword, you already have enough dex imo (150ish at 90?) the rest should be str or vit. Frankly, I would specialize in one or the other (either go for dmg to raise spike/DoT, or vit so no one can kill you).

Remember, every HP over 1 you have at the end of the battle is wasted. So while you're grinding it's easy to calculate how much HP you need, but in PvP it's not. For me, another 1k life would skill get me murdered by ranged classes, and not help in grinding, so I don't sweat it. You have to make your own call with what you like to do.
    edited July 2009
    It really depends what you want to do. For carebears like me who grind with a cleric, vit is useless. Now, feel free to laugh at me like the rest of the server, but I've only got 30 vit, and 4k HP atm. So I'm a pushover in PvP for any ranged class, although BM and WB can't kill me of course.

Why do I only have 4k HP? For grinding with a cleric, this is MORE than sufficient. Any HP over what you need t o live is wasted damage or accuracy. Since I hit more with my dex (147 atm), it takes less hits to kill them, saving me armor repair costs when I aoe, and less healing for the cleric. The evasion is nice, but note that there seems to roughly be a halving of evasion's effectiveness after doubling your absolute evasion.

For example: 1k evasion might give 10% dodge, but 2k evasion may only give 15% dodge.

What does this mean overall? As a dex BM, make sure you have increments of 20 dex obviously. Now, since your spike dmg is lower (barring myriad sword stance iirc) and you want to PvP, you're going to need some kind of survivability, which dex is the WORST at providing. As sword, you already have enough dex imo (150ish at 90?) the rest should be str or vit. Frankly, I would specialize in one or the other (either go for dmg to raise spike/DoT, or vit so no one can kill you).

Remember, every HP over 1 you have at the end of the battle is wasted. So while you're grinding it's easy to calculate how much HP you need, but in PvP it's not. For me, another 1k life would skill get me murdered by ranged classes, and not help in grinding, so I don't sweat it. You have to make your own call with what you like to do.

I really agree with you about every HP over 1 would be wasted, but I would like to stand a chance against the max number of classes, so, for you its ok to dont fight a Archer, but I would like to have a chance to defeat a good Archer, even if the chance isnt that good, but if I got one chance, I'll have to try the hardest to win the battle. To have a char with this concept, mechanically, what do I need?
    edited July 2009
    Up - Still needing some guidance. Keep in mind that my char is a Dual Blade user.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You will be good as long as you have money. But using Dual Blades, that is just...
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You will be good as long as you have money. But using Dual Blades, that is just...

Pointless.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.