Post your build / equipment!

Options

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    the funny thing is, due to her equipment choices, her mdef doesnt lag much further than mine on the heavy armor, in fact it's comparable than when i wear the rank armor for grinding, while her damage isn't much lower either...

edit: o shi-...is that the legendary bow of milyen (or however his name ish spelled)?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Abriel - Lost City
    Abriel - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7b0121f3ed381799

Here's my incredibly squishy build. I've designed it for pking [though I'm not doing much till I get the Soulsmasher and I didn't go for metal attacks early on]

My build is str=lvl and absolutely everything else is dex.

I tend to buy gear with either +phys attk, +dex, +speed or of course +crit. I also like attack speed bonuses for grinding.

The speed is so I can out run mobs, other pkers or pull mobs off others in fbs/tt. I also carry speed buff powders and I'm rebuilding my genie for tree of protection and the speed buff skill.

I got the shins all sharded and refined for 700k...not bad of a price. Each +1% crit ring I found yesterday in fact in AH for 150k each...that auction ended FAST!

My plan is to keep the leggings and bind them. I know most would go for higher legendary but I really like the bonuses on it. Save the money from getting higher leggings and put it into refining the soulsmasher.

I want to replace the cape, bracers, boots, chest armor of course and headgear [switch to legendary helmet I think]

The ornaments will stay for a long while I think. Might rings will stay till I find +2% ones b:chuckle

At 70, I'm going to go for the Unicorn, leave it unsharded and unrefined and save the money for the Soulsmasher, unless someone convinces me to the level 80 xbow

C&C please, cheers
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What is it like being a heavy armor archer?

I find that it works quite well. It works especially well in FB's and TT where I have no fear of phys mobs and can attack with impunity, no need to wait for someone to tank. Anytime a mob gets into melee with me I just switch to the sword and have at it, shell making any damage taken almost unnoticable.

I quite like being a non-squishy archer, able to tackle jobs other archers wouldn't even consider.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I find that it works quite well. It works especially well in FB's and TT where I have no fear of phys mobs and can attack with impunity, no need to wait for someone to tank. Anytime a mob gets into melee with me I just switch to the sword and have at it, shell making any damage taken almost unnoticable.

I quite like being a non-squishy archer, able to tackle jobs other archers wouldn't even consider.

Hmm... maybe I'll restat and give it a try. What is the exact stat distribution? 3 dex, 2 str?
  • Blzngfsts - Lost City
    Blzngfsts - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

So is the only down side your super low damage?

We basically are the same level, and despite the HA, we have very similar equipment, and my maximum damage is verging on 8K, while yours is only in the 5K range. not to mention my evasion and accuracy are 3 times higher than yours. Do you miss a lot?

Just wondering.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    o? what weapon do you happen to have?

(still using a W&C +3, so i actually have similar damage as her)
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    So is the only down side your super low damage?

We basically are the same level, and despite the HA, we have very similar equipment, and my maximum damage is verging on 8K, while yours is only in the 5K range. not to mention my evasion and accuracy are 3 times higher than yours. Do you miss a lot?

Just wondering.

I'm finding your claim hard to believe.

For kicks I moved 100 Str over to Dex (leaving me with only 75, less than what is needed for current level LA) and the results were unimpressive.

Damage went from 3930-5583 to 4716-6700
    Accuracy went from 2258 to 3058
    Evade went from 1951.4 to 2611.4

Damage increased by 20%, Accuracy by 35%, and Evade by 34%.

Note that all my numbers are unbuffed, the only skill that I have being factored in is Bow Mastery as it is a static passive.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hmm... maybe I'll restat and give it a try. What is the exact stat distribution? 3 dex, 2 str?

I don't know the exact distribution anymore as I have exceeded the minimums required for my L70 gear. In order to wear current level bow and heavy armor you need to come up with 5.5 points per level, 3 for the bow, 2.5 for the HA. I was able to do it at L70 by wearing lots of +Str or Dex gear, and I plan to do the same at 90.

Also, I noticed that on your example, you didn't add in Bow Mastery (click the Skills button), so your damage is a good bit higher than mine, as would be expected with your higher Dex.

I had a go at equiping your Soulsmasher and found that my damage didn't move much, turns out that the base damage of our bows is fairly similar. I miss out on the Gloom and increased attack rate, but I can live with that for 10 million in savings.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dont forget about the 5% crits (mmmmmmm crits).
    also, you went up almost 1k in damage, i found it pretty impressive...

wait a minute...soulsmasher is 10mil?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't know the exact distribution anymore as I have exceeded the minimums required for my L70 gear. In order to wear current level bow and heavy armor you need to come up with 5.5 points per level, 3 for the bow, 2.5 for the HA. I was able to do it at L70 by wearing lots of +Str or Dex gear, and I plan to do the same at 90.

Also, I noticed that on your example, you didn't add in Bow Mastery (click the Skills button), so your damage is a good bit higher than mine, as would be expected with your higher Dex.

I had a go at equiping your Soulsmasher and found that my damage didn't move much, turns out that the base damage of our bows is fairly similar. I miss out on the Gloom and increased attack rate, but I can live with that for 10 million in savings.

Ah, thanx for the information. I've updated my links.

If I were to go with Heavy Armor, I'd probably use my Wind and the Cloud instead of Unicorn.

Soulsmasher was around 8 million after I bought the materials for it. It's a lot, and not really worth it when WatC is perfectly serviceable. I just like bows, which is why I got it.
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dont forget about the 5% crits (mmmmmmm crits).
    also, you went up almost 1k in damage, i found it pretty impressive...

wait a minute...soulsmasher is 10mil?

No, 4mil worth of the 2 gold mats, and other mats are cheap.
  • Blzngfsts - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm finding your claim hard to believe.

For kicks I moved 100 Str over to Dex (leaving me with only 75, less than what is needed for current level LA) and the results were unimpressive.

Damage went from 3930-5583 to 4716-6700
    Accuracy went from 2258 to 3058
    Evade went from 1951.4 to 2611.4

Damage increased by 20%, Accuracy by 35%, and Evade by 34%.

Note that all my numbers are unbuffed, the only skill that I have being factored in is Bow Mastery as it is a static passive.

It's not hard to believe at all, I'm a dex build (pure) and the maximum end of my damage is 7800, I am using a +7 Chained Jail HH 80 X-bow, I have all Dex gear, some adding 8-10 points per item.

You have a lot of vit and str piont additions to your gear.

As for the evasion and accuracy, I admit it is not 3 times as high but it is surely closer to 4K than 3K on each.

So that would be the difference, I have close to 400 dex.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No, 4mil worth of the 2 gold mats, and other mats are cheap.

Golden Spirit - 2.5M x2 = 5000k
    Fengs Iron Bars - 175k x 10 = 1750k
    Ultimate Subs - 65k x 18 = 1170k
    Klunky Sword - 1k x 20 = 20k
    Souledge Unicorn - 110k x 1 = 110k

Base weapon = 8.5M

+4 Refine = 1500k
    Adding 2nd socket = 800k
    Flawless Garnet - 600k x 2 = 1200k

Conservative addons = 3.5M

Total cost = 12M

When I first worked this out, mat costs were higher and I was figuring for Immaculates, I was looking at 16M.
  • Miyakoto - Heavens Tear
    Miyakoto - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It's not hard to believe at all, I'm a dex build (pure) and the maximum end of my damage is 7800, I am using a +7 Chained Jail HH 80 X-bow, I have all Dex gear, some adding 8-10 points per item.

You have a lot of vit and str piont additions to your gear.

As for the evasion and accuracy, I admit it is not 3 times as high but it is surely closer to 4K than 3K on each.

So that would be the difference, I have close to 400 dex.

you should try my +11 dex necky or +13 dex belt b:chuckle

hehe 447 dex total for me, il post mine in a sec when im not at work >.> boo =(

and for Suri, you should have been able to restat out 2 points of magic out on the 90gold cape for magic 3, as thats what i had done for a total of 20 dex on cape from restats + base 9 dex =)
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

and for Suri, you should have been able to restat out 2 points of magic out on the 90gold cape for magic 3, as thats what i had done for a total of 20 dex on cape from restats + base 9 dex =)
    lol can't you restat out that magic without the cape....
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What does the cape have to do with restating magic from 5 to 3?
    I have had a base of 3 vit and 3 magic since long before tt90.

Anyway 447 dex at level 90 b:dirty
    Post ur equips naaoo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am using a +7 Chained Jail HH 80 X-bow

This is a major reason for the huge difference, you're comparing apples to oranges. Crossbows have significantly higher top end damage than bows. Looking at just the max possible damage without taking in to account average damage or attack rate results in a completely skewed comparison.

Regardless of what weapon is used, increasing Dex by 100 points (which is roughly the difference between my build and pure Dex) will only increase damage by 20% (each point of dex increases damage by 0.2%). I am perfectly happy to do a bit less damage and have double the Pdef. What takes a pure dex archer 5 hits to kill, takes me 6, big whup.
  • Miyakoto - Heavens Tear
    Miyakoto - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    bah forgot to mention i didnt restated out the vit/mag til i got the cape haha then realized it now that most people have done it waaay earlier lol
  • Blzngfsts - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This is a major reason for the huge difference, you're comparing apples to oranges. Crossbows have significantly higher top end damage than bows. Looking at just the max possible damage without taking in to account average damage or attack rate results in a completely skewed comparison.

Regardless of what weapon is used, increasing Dex by 100 points (which is roughly the difference between my build and pure Dex) will only increase damage by 20% (each point of dex increases damage by 0.2%). I am perfectly happy to do a bit less damage and have double the Pdef. What takes a pure dex archer 5 hits to kill, takes me 6, big whup.

If I remember correctly your bow was +5, albeit HH 70 and significantly less damage "potential". Now apples to oranges, not quite, apples to dex apples is more accurate.

I still have to disagree that it's only a 20% increase, and I only say that because you're limiting yourself, by your choice of weapon, armor, accessories, etc. Your base dex was 245 or something like that, and if you add 100 to it you get 345, that's not pure dex. There are plenty of pure dex archers that are very close to 400 at levels in the low 80's.

Now you have about double the phys. def. of LA archers and pure dex archers your same level. So I contend that in pvp or a duel you would lose every time against a pure dex archer. Higher Damage, Higher Crit rate, Higher Evasion, Higher Accuracy, equals a dead Heavy Armor archer, in 4-5 hits maybe less.

I just don't see the upside unless you're pve, which you are, and that works, I just don't think there would be many on the pvp servers.

Not trying to flame the topic, just my opinion.
  • Blzngfsts - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options

If you would like to give me those items I would be happy to take them for a test drive for you, tell how they work. b:pleased

Must be nice b:dirty
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i havent bothered to restats vit and mag down to 3 because i am not completely sure if i will still need my str at 94 since i switch off the necklace for another when grinding. dont want to use money on a restat scroll just for those 4 point more of dex>.>
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • f22araptor
    f22araptor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    it is not all, but all in all it is http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=db70d10da4a0ff62
  • nelanther
    nelanther Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=12e26d6441dc1b62

This is my super 5.3 dex per level build. Got my equips ready til 86. Gonna have 467 dex when I hit 86. (5.43 dex per level!)
  • Abriel - Lost City
    Abriel - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

This is my super 5.3 dex per level build. Got my equips ready til 86. Gonna have 467 dex when I hit 86. (5.43 dex per level!)

heh, that's the kind of build I want at 80 !
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    nelanther wrote: »

Pretty hard core in dex lol :) It looks like you are missing some STR somewhere to equip some of that armor thou
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • nelanther
    nelanther Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Opps. hard to remember what u changed. This is my actual setup...

http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6ebd3745d04ccde0
  • Challotte - Dreamweaver
    Challotte - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Bump because I like comparing my setups to those of other archers around my lvl
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Here's my PvE squishiness from memory (not at home atm)

http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=be481509189482c5

My actual helm is grade 8, 155base HP with +70hp mod and 2 -10% reqs
    The simulated version is a grade 7, 140base HP with +85hp... it should be the same.
    The reason for this is because I don't know how to apply the -req mod on the pwcalc.

I've edited the character and it is now an exact clone of my in-game char. I use only the +3 arrows and not the +45 like many have posted, therefore showing lower values in comparison.
  • Negerzoen - Dreamweaver
    Negerzoen - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hi,

I also have got a pure decterity built.
    Besides i have a +1% crit ring and some +dex armour.
    i am lvl 41 now and my crit hit rate is 10%. my total dex is 169. (enhanced by armour).

every level i get is +1 str. which makes me around 46 strength (enhanced by armour)

at the moment i have got a giant crossbow +1.
    Fits me well but i also got a sinister shooter which i can use in 1 lvl!

Good luck
    Nurture your mind with great thoughts; to believe in the heroic makes heroes.

- Benjamin Disraeli
  • Aiyamii - Lost City
    Aiyamii - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    nelanther wrote: »
    Opps. hard to remember what u changed. This is my actual setup...

http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6ebd3745d04ccde0

Wow.. so much dex lmao. xD too bad I don't use xbows. very nice cape and rings though.
    No Siggie yet! Q.Q