edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Problem solved. Thank you.
Post edited by pezizgood on

Comments

• Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Most people that do FB do them and then leave because after the last boss there is nothing to stay for. They stay there for a Timer (Once hit 0 Teleports you out) I know myself that after the last boss i leave right away because I don't wanna see what Mold Drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keenan - Dreamweaver
    Keenan - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In a lot of cases, the people who leave are making sure that whatever drops you pick up go directly to you instead of being randomly distributed to the squad. I know I do that and thank the tabber through common chat/say goodbye, congrats, etc while I'm standing around waiting for the timer. It takes a minute before you tele out, so that's why there's all the "awkward standing around" heh.
  • Serafimo - Sanctuary
    Serafimo - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've never had people leave squad immediately after boss dies. They might be trying to avoid the glitch where the timer never appears (I get this glitch all the time when I do fb).
    [offering art commissions, pm for more]
  • NeBaVi - Dreamweaver
    NeBaVi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i leave squad so drops don't go to me and so i don't stay last in squad. party leader doesn't get timer, he needs invite from other person or teleport out. i usually have my teleport used on something. i usually ask if tabber have his teleport unused and if he don't have then i invite him to party once im out of fb
    and tabber ALWAYS deserve molds and 3*, don't listen to greedy ppl and go with friends to who you trust
  • MissPsyched - Dreamweaver
    MissPsyched - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    pezizgood wrote: »
    I've been gotten help from higher level players for my FB runs(your tab your drop kind of runs), and everytime, immediately after the boss dies, someone leaves the squad, like they had their cursor hovering over the leave squad command and pressed immediately after the last boss died. Then everyone stands around waiting for me to leave. It's very awkward. Are these people leaving the squad so that I won't see the message saying they picked up something? It can't be that they are in a hurry because they just stand around afterwards. I really don't know who deserves a mold drop, so don't turn this into a newbie hating flame thread. I just think it would be really low for someone to promise a drop to a tabber, and then try to be sneaky and take it.

That sounds like some fine conspiracy on paper, but the truth is that people that leave the squad CANNOT pick up the dropped items anymore. To quickly snag the drops they would have to stay in the squad instead. People instantly leave because there is nothing to do anymore. EXP has been gained, time to gb2lvling.
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    That sounds like some fine conspiracy on paper, but the truth is that people that leave the squad CANNOT pick up the dropped items anymore. To quickly snag the drops they would have to stay in the squad instead. People instantly leave because there is nothing to do anymore. EXP has been gained, time to gb2lvling.
    problem there is that when someone leaves a squad, the server sees the whole squad as anew squad, and NO one can pick up drops until the ninja safety wears off (there's a time you have to wait before you can pick up something someone else dropped if you're not in their squad).

So leaving the squad just as things hit the floor is damned suspicious to me. I just run away because as soon as I'm out of sight of the rest of the squad I usually don't get the drops anymore (still coin tho).

Leaving just as the boss dies means they could grab the drops themselves and be teleported out long before anyone could say, "Hey wtf!".