One thing is missing, Houses

Cryy - Lost City
Cryy - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
I believe very strongly that a housing system should be added to perfect world. Many people enjoy being able to design their own houses to make themselves feel "more at home." I have seen a few other games with this feature and i believe that is what this game needs to pull in another few hundred people. Certain furniture can be sold in the boutique and other more basic furniture can be sold by a vendor in the game. This is an idea I've had and did not see here so I felt the need to post it. Any critiques on this idea would be helpful. Thank you. b:bye
Post edited by Cryy - Lost City on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This was in the pay to play version of perfect world, but was removed for the free version.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Cryy - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    well could it be added back into the game?
  • _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver
    _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    dude..where would u put so many houses i mean there are 50000 players + per server ... counting ALL player and alts..

Well I got 3 possible solutions:1. Expand map A LOT A LOT but this wont happen soon I guess but PW said that new expansion is coming on fall
    2.Lvl Cap for houses like lvl 70+ only players can create their own houses
    3."CyberHouses" - houses that are not on an actual map but can be accesed from an npc but thats kinda bleeeh =(
    ... And afterwards, I get a cookie!
  • Cryy - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    exactly, the npc thing is what i mean. there are plenty of houses in the main cities that do not have npcs in front of them so a housing npc can be added
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    exactly, the npc thing is what i mean. there are plenty of houses in the main cities that do not have npcs in front of them so a housing npc can be added

You can already do that by talking with banker.... I guess they could change the banker name to doorman, and bank slots to rooms. You get the picture.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I dont think this ever will come. but i believe it costed 30m to make house on p2p version.. would probly be same her eif we ever got.. and who have jsut 30m coins to make a dam house =x.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Mon_Fang - Sanctuary
    Mon_Fang - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    actually, in my server there is this guy on an island on Endless Sea that talks about houses and furniture, also you can see an land with monsters on it that you can't reach.
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    And why not a flat/loft kind of thing ?

I mean :
    We could mix the systems of FB and bank together =>
    An NPC could be the doorman (like Jazmin said) and he'd tp you to your flat, which would work exactly like an instance : a thing out of the map but we could add like a view on the outside by the windows. That way, people would be able to buy furniture and customize their home as they wish without taking space on the real map.

That housing thing could really be great ! Because sometimes, you just don't feel at home anywhere in PWI...

Or at least, a thing that couldn't be so difficult to realise would be to make some buildings free access, like a bar/tavern or else. Like in WoW you can enter the...hummm...i don't remember what they're called, but you can enter the buildings and that's really cool because a lot of RP can be added with that feature.
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    they're prolly not going to put it back in F2P.. im sure theres more people in F2P than in paying. Plus we got enough lag in arch *or so everyone keeps complaining abt* try focusing on the issues at hand before more things get put in and MORE glitches and memory leaks etc... come into the game.
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • Mon_Fang - Sanctuary
    Mon_Fang - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    We got a smart one here. I agree
  • Zerooooo - Sanctuary
    Zerooooo - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yea i agree
  • Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City
    Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hell, I'd pay for that. I'd buy zen for just building materials alone.

...and a tuxedo and a hat...

...and a makeover scroll...

Besides, what Drakaniel said works, even in a certain Java Browser based MMO that starts with an R that I no longer play. You go to a teleporter that takes you to a house, and you can right click said teleporter and enter your friend's name to go into his/her house, or get an invite from a friend and use the teleporter to enter.

You buy building materials, and create your house to your liking. (In the game I was referring to, those materials are expensive as all get out, but satisfying to see the end result.)
    Owner of MadAngels Lost City Faction.
    MadAngels Forum at sonictheplumber.com/forum