Ok Im here with a few questions.

kingofhatred
kingofhatred Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
Alrighty. Ive played this game but Im unclear on alot of things.
1. What are the perks of each class?
2. How do I zoom the camera?
3. Why is my game lagging even with the systems specs on like super low. Im eating very little mem but my pc should be able to handle them on low. NVidia 6800 I know its **** but....yea it should play on low. My NVidia 9800 burned up on me a couple months ago -_-
H1N1:Wash your hands if you care about friends and family.
Post edited by kingofhatred on

Comments

• darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    3. Why is my game lagging even with the systems specs on like super low. Im eating very little mem but my pc should be able to handle them on low. NVidia 6800 I know its **** but....yea it should play on low. My NVidia 9800 burned up on me a couple months ago -_-

1. i'll let others explain or you could just simply google or search the forums (the class sections would be a start)

2. mouse wheel or the + and - button

3. the 6800 should be able to play the game on max just fine, but it really depends on your other specs as well, was it laggy when you had the 9800 in?
    or did it only start to lag while you have the 6800 in?
    did you uninstall the drivers for the 9800 first before installing the drivers for your 6800? need more info to help ya here (might also wana try the tech support section)
  • sandeep122
    sandeep122 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009

3) my system spec: p4 2.8 ghz 1.5gb 6200 geforce card

i am able to play in max setting and i rarely lag , same when i had 768 Ram (512+256)

u using Dual cord/quard core cpu ? if yes that mite b problem u should run game in 1 cord
  • darkjagans
    edited July 2009
    sandeep122 wrote: »
    3) my system spec: p4 2.8 ghz 1.5gb 6200 geforce card

i am able to play in max setting and i rarely lag , same when i had 768 Ram (512+256)

u using Dual cord/quard core cpu ? if yes that mite b problem u should run game in 1 cord

first, i'd like to say the 6200 is not 100% capable of playing the game at absolute max without some sort of lag with those specs along with it (unless you play at a very low reso, but i'd still think it would lag)

secondly, it doesn't matter whether your using a single or dual or quad core to play the game, they all work fine with the game
  • sandeep122
    sandeep122 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    darkjagans wrote: »
    first, i'd like to say the 6200 is not 100% capable of playing the game at absolute max without some sort of lag with those specs along with it (unless you play at a very low reso, but i'd still think it would lag)

secondly, it doesn't matter whether your using a single or dual or quad core to play the game, they all work fine with the game

abt Dual Core/quard core CPU :

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=741721&postcount=7

:Abt my gfx card : using 1024x768 res ,yes i play at max setting (even distance max) nd i rarely or nvr lag >.> only in Arch or other crowded place
  • darkjagans
    edited July 2009
    sandeep122 wrote: »
    abt Dual Core/quard core CPU :

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=741721&postcount=7
    well that must be pretty uncommon, i have two dual core machines here and plenty of friends with multi core processors, not a single problem related to being too fast or slow

and i'd assume it wouldn't be a CPU problem if the OP is complaining 'after' he put 6800
    :Abt my gfx card : using 1024x768 res ,yes i play at max setting (even distance max) nd i rarely or nvr lag >.> only in Arch or other crowded place
    oh really?
    well my other computer has: PD 830 3.0GHz, 2GB ram and a 6600GT and that's 'just' enough to play every maxed out at 1280x1024 with a tiny bit of lag here and there (and of course the crappy lag in west arch)
  • caducus
    caducus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009

1. Have a troll through the forums. Won't take you long.
    2. Already answered.
    3. Depending on your OS there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take; Vista has "Reliability & Performance" which provides a little more data than just watching your Task Manager in XP. Not sure about Win7. There's a tech support forum overflowing with geeks waiting to assist with issues like these.

If you've installed your 6800 drivers over your 9800 drivers (meaning you didn't uninstall the 9800 as mentioned above) there could be some lingering issues there -- you'll want to do a driver rollback, then uninstall, then reinstall the latest drivers (available at North American DL if you're in NA).

Failing that, run a dxdiag (Start -> Run -> dxdiag) and look for any errors occurring there.

It's possible that your 9800 damaged your (AGP?) port when it died, so it may be a hardware issue if your dxdiag runs slowly or you error out. For a comprehensive video card (or system) benchmark, you can hit Futuremark. Pretty sure those're their free versions.

As mentioned above, CPU affinity can sometimes cause your game to run too quickly or slowly (who knows what sets that off) so you can try restricting the client to a single core.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    moving this to tech support in case you still need assistance.
This discussion has been closed.