Some Wedding Questions..?

XMidKnight - Lost City
XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Hey Guys/Ladies.

Im planning on getting married sometime soon and was looking for a few tips and answers..
Heres a few questions..

1. Do you only need one item to marry or are the bride and groom packs essential? and which do most people do?

2. Any ideas on events or something i could include to spice it up a lil?

3. err.. well basically i just need tips on what i should include, do or whatever.

Btw, its my RL GF id be marrying, but in the game ;)
Post edited by XMidKnight - Lost City on

Comments

• Lucified - Lost City
    Lucified - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hey Guys/Ladies.

Im planning on getting married sometime soon and was looking for a few tips and answers..
    Heres a few questions..

1. Do you only need one item to marry or are the bride and groom packs essential? and which do most people do?

2. Any ideas on events or something i could include to spice it up a lil?

3. err.. well basically i just need tips on what i should include, do or whatever.

Btw, its my RL GF id be marrying, but in the game ;)

1. you need both packs. $60 total
    2. b:surrender
    3. b:shocked
  • Koltrast - Sanctuary
    Koltrast - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Answered but, that is to say you only need one item each, but you can only get those from the bride and groom packs.
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You could get a friend and/or rl minister to say something somewhere pretty, like sanctuary, then march to Arch carrying her. Or teleport.
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Or, you know, you could have a party. Bring some fireworks, random declarations of love on World Chat, gift bringing, invite your friends and guildmates, have a parade down West Arch...if you want to get really creative, have someone sing to the newly wedded couple on Vent. That'll be something to remember. =)

You know, fun, expensive stuff. Just like a real wedding.
  • kaine17
    kaine17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    For my wedding, my guild leader and director made everyone go to dreamweaver port. (in game husband died like twice on the way XD) And then my guild director recited the priest's speech, then everyone ran around giving everyone else lap dances. It was... pretty interesting.
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Thanks all so far for your advice b:victory
    Its much appreciated.

So i need to buy both packs.. What else is in the packs can anyone tell me?
    Ive already bought about 300 fireworks.
    As mentioned ive been planning like a Sanctuary wedding or nameless isle or somewhere nice. Prob gonna either march then to arch or swiftwind (factions territory).
    Ill include some more events. Maybe a item drop party and maybe a surprise present for her (a nice mount and some new fashion)

Anyone got anymore ideas. Thanks all for the advice so far. Its all been very helpful :D
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In the packs...

The Silk/Stamp of Eternity
    Full Wedding Outfit

The following are 10 random items you also get buy opening the "Wedding Envelopes"
    Wedding Wine (tradable for any of the following, or FB wines)
    Wedding Candy (20 rep per candy)
    Triumph Coins (sellable for 99,999 per "coin")
    Wedding Invitation (extra crazy stone quest, using common shards)
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    So could i just get 1 silk of eternity or would u advise getting both packs?
    Also, are the envelopes included in the pack or do i get them anyway?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So could i just get 1 silk of eternity or would u advise getting both packs?
    Also, are the envelopes included in the pack or do i get them anyway?

............. you need BOTH silk AND stamp. therefore you need to buy both packs, as that is the only place in the entire game that stamp and silk come from.

in the bride/groom packs are the following:
    -1 silk/stamp (gender of the pack determines which you get)
    -full wedding outfit (gender of the pack determines gender of the garments)
    -10 wedding envelopes

when you GET married, the silk and stamp are consumed. when you open your 10 envelopes, you randomly get one of the items someone listed above. the clothes are permanent items.
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for all ur info. When it happens which will be sometime soon. Need to do some saving and organising. Your all invited!! b:victory

Ideas are still welcome :)

~ Thanks
  • Adannedhel - Sanctuary
    Adannedhel - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for all ur info. When it happens which will be sometime soon. Need to do some saving and organising. Your all invited!! b:victory

Ideas are still welcome :)

~ Thanks

in plume city there a few freinds of mine sellin fireworks for a special acasionb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and there was adannedhel whom the elves said could not be slain except by mishap or arrow from afar,and became mighty among men and elves

-Silmarillion
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Lol thanks but i already got about 300 fireworks XD

Ill prob buy the packs with gold from the gold trader unless i find someone selling them cheap b:laugh