I'm not obligated to rez you. :(

Artiex - Sanctuary
Artiex - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
There have been a couple instances in game where people have yelled at me for not rezzing them. Such as earlier today, I was flying for my WQ and some random guy pmed me to rez him. I told him, I probably passed him already. Then for 10 whole minutes he harassed me, and kept saying how I was a dumb worthless cleric. Honestly, I'm not going go out of my way to rez some random guy.

And I was wondering what other people expect from clerics?

honestly, I think its a privilege that we rez random people XD.
Post edited by Artiex - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I agree. You spend your money and your spirit on a skill that you never ever get to use on you.

However, clerics are expected to rez and heal. BUT! That guy shouldn't rely on random people. If he is part of a faction he should go to those people first.

Just my three cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    clerics are made for heal/rezz/buff/support team, if u don't do it u sucks as a cleric and u can roll another class, that's a statement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Oh for god's sake. If you want to rez him then do it... if not the don't. Its not a big deal to get rezzed. Anyone worth anything will be carrying angels. I don't think i have yet to be rezzed from a cleric outside of my party. When i am low level, i'll just take the exp hit and go to town. The time i will waste waiting for a rez, i am easily get the exp back. And now, i always carry angels, so there is really no point of waiting for some cocky cleric to rez me.
  • Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary
    Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    clerics are made for heal/rezz/buff/support team, if u don't do it u sucks as a cleric and u can roll another class, that's a statement

keyword in red. No obligation to rez some random corpse, though I personally will go out of my way to.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009

so we are supposed to abandon grinding and other events to fly across the map to rez someone everytime they ask? It would take years for me to hit my current lvl if i rezd everone who pmed me for one.

To the OP and any other clerics having this problem. If someone calls you a worthless cleric for not rezzing- simply go on your lowbie cleric account with lvl 1 rez and have a ball.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I suppose if I had a chara and you fly past me, I can call you down just to barb HP buff me, cause like, its EXPECTED of barbs to use that skill. If you cant use your main skills then u suck, reroll prz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited July 2009
    so we are supposed to abandon grinding and other events to fly across the map to rez someone everytime they ask? It would take years for me to hit my current lvl if i rezd everone who pmed me for one.

To the OP and any other clerics having this problem. If someone calls you a worthless cleric for not rezzing- simply go on your lowbie cleric account with lvl 1 rez and have a ball.
    no, u are not supposed to fly trought all the damn map, but at high levels if u die u may lose 3-4 hours of exping, if u just need 1-2 minutes u should go and ress, otherwise why the hell are u playing a cleric ? clerics aren't meant to be selfish, if u wanna be that roll a veno
    keyword in red. No obligation to rez some random corpse, though I personally will go out of my way to.
    then don't, u are not obligated but it's not nice, we aren't all rich or massive zen user with GAs everywhere, especially in pvp servers where u lose them quite fast I suppose
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    I suppose if I had a chara and you fly past me, I can call you down just to barb HP buff me, cause like, its EXPECTED of barbs to use that skill. If you cant use your main skills then u suck, reroll prz.
    there's a great difference :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Yes, exactly.. Because we, clerics, play the game solely to make sure that everyone else is buffed, rezzed and supported. We don't grind, quest or do any other activities unless in a team where we are needed.

/Sarcasm.

Your thinking is really skewed.
    b:bye
  • VenosRop - Lost City
    VenosRop - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009

But I iz an FAC, wut's this support you speak of?
  • silaba
    silaba Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There have been a couple instances in game where people have yelled at me for not rezzing them. Such as earlier today, I was flying for my WQ and some random guy pmed me to rez him. I told him, I probably passed him already. Then for 10 whole minutes he harassed me, and kept saying how I was a dumb worthless cleric. Honestly, I'm not going go out of my way to rez some random guy.

I've always respected Clerics as I've been watching how selfless-centric they are (almost all my cleric friends), stopped grinding just to rez people or to be squadded in a quest that they don't need, pure for others' sake.

After reading your post, I would say, do NOT rez people who don't respect you as Cleric.
    I do agree that being rez'ed by Cleric is a priviledge and not Cleric's obligation.
    edited July 2009
    Yes, exactly.. Because we, clerics, play the game solely to make sure that everyone else is buffed, rezzed and supported. We don't grind, quest or do any other activities unless in a team where we are needed.

/Sarcasm.

Your thinking is really skewed.
    every class has his job, if u don't like to buff/rezz/support why the hell did u choose a cleric in the first place ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    my sole purpose is to Bramble random people. So if anyone wants a Bramble I will gove it to you fly 20 min Bramble fly back 1/2 way back it gone so I will come back to Bramble again. It good deal. Only 100k per Bramble b:victory
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    every class has his job, if u don't like to buff/rezz/support why the hell did u choose a cleric in the first place ?

Unno about you, but every *smart* high lvl I know carries dolls. Some people are too careless and depend too highly on clerics to rez. Don't be so damn lazy. We have other and better things to be doing in the game besides rezzing dumbasses.
    edited July 2009
    my sole purpose is to Bramble random people. So if anyone wants a Bramble I will gove it to you fly 20 min Bramble fly back 1/2 way back it gone so I will come back to Bramble again. It good deal. Only 100k per Bramble b:victory
    is anyone here capable of counter my statement without being sarcastic ? if u need to raise ur post counts or u are bored there are many other thread to spam

Edit @ Bowlinbob - (don't wanna double post everytime): I usually have a few GAs with me, and if u don't like to rezz, k it's fine, there are no obligations for u to rezz "dumbasses" in any case, but then I have to ask u why u rolled a cleric, if they ask me to tank (unless I'm busy or whatever) I usually go cuz that's what my class is made for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NeBaVi - Dreamweaver
    NeBaVi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009

your role is to tank and help others survive with ur hp buff, so can i call u tank all my normal quest mobs and buff me all the time? XD

and don't tell me there is any difference
    if im supposed to res/heal/buff/support you whole the time then you are supposed to tank/buff for me because it is barbar role
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I'll play my cleric as I see fit. I don't have to rezz,heal, buff anyone if I don't want to. In a team for WB, FB, HH etc I'll do my "job" but doesn't mean I have to kiss the rear of every person because they ask something of me if I'm running solo.

Are you always tanking? I mean, that's what your barb is built for, no? You've never declined to do a boss, HH, FB etc? Cmon. Get real.

Cya this thread is getting old b:bye
    b:bye
    edited July 2009
    your role is to tank and help others survive with ur hp buff, so can i call u tank all my normal quest mobs and buff me all the time? XD

and don't tell me there is any difference
    if im supposed to res/heal/buff/support you whole the time then you are supposed to tank/buff for me because it is barbar role
    if u really sucks and u can't face those mobs I could help u :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009

Edit @ Bowlinbob - (don't wanna double post everytime): I usually have a few GAs with me, and if u don't like to rezz, k it's fine, there are no obligations for u to rezz "dumbasses" in any case, but then I have to ask u why u rolled a cleric, if they ask me to tank (unless I'm busy or whatever) I usually go cuz that's what my class is made for

If the person is next to me and asks nicely I will rez them. But for people who think our job in the game is to be on a leash to be their rezing bish, i won't. Some people in this game think they are better than our class and they think they have a right to treat us like dirt and demand us to rez them.

Just because we have the skill to bring a player back to life doesnt mean we have to use it. Besides most of the time it ticks my charm since im usually grinding then i get the "omg rez pl0x"
    edited July 2009
    I'll play my cleric as I see fit. I don't have to rezz,heal, buff anyone if I don't want to. In a team for WB, FB, HH etc I'll do my "job" but doesn't mean I have to kiss the rear of every person because they ask something of me if I'm running solo.

Are you always tanking? I mean, that's what your barb is built for, no? You've never declined to do a boss, HH, FB etc? Cmon. Get real.

ppl don't lose 3-4 hours of exping (rl time eh! it's the usually 1-2 ur minutes counter the hours of the dead player, if u are lazy and can't press 2 buttons u are a selfish b astard to me) if I don't help them tanking

If the person is next to me and asks nicely I will rez them. But for people who think our job in the game is to be on a leash to be their rezing bish, i won't. Some people in this game think they are better than our class and they think they have a right to treat us like dirt and demand us to rez them.

Just because we have the skill to bring a player back to life doesnt mean we have to use it. Besides most of the time it ticks my charm since im usually grinding then i get the "omg rez pl0x"
    I'm not saying that u are slaves or u are obligated to rez ppl that call u morons for ur low level ress or whatsoever, just don't refuse to rezz ppl if it costs u a so little effort, if u do try to imagine being that dead player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ixta - Harshlands
    Ixta - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    if u really sucks and u can't face those mobs I could help u :)

"Could" is the keyword here.

So if you suck and you're stupid enough not to have dolls when you die, Clerics "can" rezz you, but they don't have to.

End of discussion.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I respect your position of choosing who/when to rezz somebody as you are not obligated to do so.

Saying that, the more picky you become on this, the more antisocial you might be on this game.

At the same time I would not help or rez stupid bad mouth people.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I'm not saying that u are slaves or u are obligated to rez ppl that call u morons for ur low level ress or whatsoever, just don't refuse to rezz ppl if it costs u a so little effort, if u do try to imagine being that dead player

It sounds that way to me, If we dont rez people who ask, reroll = slave cleric.

And everytime I do die I do not ask for a rez unless I know theres a cleric around, because I know how much of a pain it is to the other cleric to get pmed everytime someone is careless.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    is anyone here capable of counter my statement without being sarcastic ? if u need to raise ur post counts or u are bored there are many other thread to spam

Hmm, the number of barbs who are willing to give you a hp buff when asked = 0.1% of all the number on each server.

So dont talk all mighty what we should do. I buff rez my faction.
    Rez random ppl if they are close, all other go to hell or buy angels, cause in the end we are forced to it unlike you.

Reroll your brain if you lost it

EDIT:God i hate ppl like you, i wish to find a rude barb like you on a server who is asking for buffs, and has HP orbs is use so i can delete them with lv3 HP/MP buff
    b:dirty
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    clerics are made for heal/rezz/buff/support team, not random morons who die in the middle of nowhere and expect you to go out of your way to do the aforementioned if u don't do it u sucks as a cleric and u can roll another class, that's a statement

Fixed that up for ya. b:bye
    edited July 2009
    Hmm, the number of barbs who are willing to give you a hp buff when asked = 0.1% of all the number on each server.

So dont talk all mighty what we should do. I buff rez my faction.
    Rez random ppl if they are close, all other go to hell or buy angels, cause in the end we are forced to it unlike you.

Reroll your brain if you lost it

EDIT:God i hate ppl like you, i wish to find a rude barb like you on a server who is asking for buffs, and has HP orbs is use so i can delete them with lv3 HP/MP buff
    buff hp doesn't ress or save exp, if it does I'm wasn't aware of, from now on I'll be the clericbarian, just for u b:bye (sarcasm, since u like it so much)

if u hate me there is a way to blacklist/hide my posts, if u keep read and anwser them it's ur fault
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When my pets get an attitude I also refuse to res them. That really teaches them to not talk back at me and to be polite.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited July 2009
    Fixed that up for ya. b:bye
    unless the one who is asking for rezz is at 1k stream and u are at dwp I don't see why can't u spend 2 minutes to help him b:shocked
    When my pets get an attitude I also refuse to res them. That really teaches them to not talk back at me and to be polite.
    b:cry b:surrender

pls rezz me... me noob with no GAs :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I am along the same lines. You are made to tank, therefore when someone asks you to tank Krimson or 2-2 HH you just go because "that is your job." I HIGHLY doubt it and y?...because you do not want to waste your charm or have the repair fees?

I suggest you know your "job" before you start telling us ours.

Oh and for the record ---> Tanked Fb59 other day with 3 barbs in the party because they did not want the repair fees. Now what is my job again?
    buff hp doesn't ress or save exp, if it does I'm wasn't aware of, from now on I'll be the clericbarian, just for u b:bye (sarcasm, since u like it so much)

if u hate me there is a way to blacklist/hide my posts, if u keep read and anwser them it's ur fault

HP buff could save exp by allowing some people not to die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    unless the one who is asking for rezz is at 1k stream and u are at dwp I don't see why can't u spend 2 minutes to help him b:shocked

I'm not saying I don't or won't, especially if asked nicely. I was merely fixing up your fail statement of your fail idea of what a cleric is or should be. It's exactly the same as me saying a barb should reroll if he refuses to tank krimson/garangatong/jewel or any other boss you happen to be nearby when asked while doing your WQ. After all, it only takes 5 minutes. b:shocked