Regretting Dying

Options
Legionarxx - Harshlands
Legionarxx - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I am a lvl 29 Archer with 43% xp and i have no quests left at this lvl. So a couple of questions.

1. Where is good place for me to grind to the next lvl?

2. Are there any quest to do that don't show up on the "find quest" tab?

I have died alot and i can only assume this is the cause for the short fall?

I hate dying!!! b:cry

Thanks for the help!
Post edited by Legionarxx - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    1. At your level, Silver Pool or Orchid Temple are probably the best place for your to grind at 29.

2. There is one, but it's not until level 50. This might have changed with the recent changes to the quest box.

Sadly, each time after level 10 you die without a ressurection, you lose approx 5% of your exp. This does build up over time...die once per level for 5 levels, and you're at 25% less exp then the person who didn't die once during those 5 levels.

There are solutions to that, if you think you're dying more then you should. Talk to higher level archers - it may be a stat problem, where you put too much into magic or vit. Make sure your armor is as up to level as possible...and make sure it's the right kind (traditionally, archers wear light armor). Talk to those higher level archers about what level certain skills should be at, as well...

Good luck ^^
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Legionarxx - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thank You
    Not what i wanted to hear but sometimes the truth hurts!

I should have my stats right, i had to start over because of the Mag and Vit issue, the only thing i could kill was me!

Pure build now and it is much much better.
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I haven't played an archer yet, but I've spent a lot of time as a low level Wizard. Distance kills are your friend on that class, as it would be on yours. But they don't always happen, which can get uncomfortable.

I recommend gathering apothecary mats and making Life Powder. When you go to fight mobs that you know will be giving you trouble, pop one of those and you'll have increased HP regen (+50/sec) for the next 10 minutes. It's literally a lifesaver.

As an LA Wiz, if I have Life Powder running, I barely take a dent to my HP unless Poison starts stacking. It's also somewhat helpful in PvP since it adds another shot or two the attacker has to take before my Wiz's HP is gone.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Legionarxx - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thank you all for your help!

I think right now it appears that i am just stuck grinding it out.

I love these forums.
  • Hydec - Heavens Tear
    Hydec - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    (I am in sort of a hurry, so I apologize in advance for my bad grammar):

Quests which do not show up on your "Find Quest" tab include:

A Solo Job/One Man Army quests. These give you a celestone fragment and reputation but (with one exception which does not matter when you are level 29) do not give you any other quest rewards -- they just give you something else to do when you grind. Every five levels, you need to find yourself a new quest giver. Currently, Archosaur gate guards will be your quest givers.

Dragon Quests. They start when you are level 20. You get them from NPCs in starting areas. They use up valuable dragon quest items which you could instead sell to NPCs, but when you complete a dragon quest you get a dragon order which has an auction house value similar to your dragon quest item total (when you average things out), and you also get decent amounts of exps and spirits.

Also, for reference:

Crazy Stone. Does not start until level 30. Once per day. Exps depend on your level when you started this quest. You can not trash crazy stone quests and until you turn in your elemental stones this will occupy a lot of space on your "track quests" display.

Justice Quests. Do not start until something like level 60. Once per hour, costs money, gives ok exps and spirits and a reputation point. Exps depend on level.

Snake Island Race. Does not start until level 40. You can do this once per day, even on foot, but only when snake island is open. This race gives you 5k exps, and 3k spirits.

Friendship Quest. Does not start until level 30. Once per day. Needs friendship crystal/orb, and can continue for an arbitrary number of people. 5k..20k exps, depending on how you participate (or 0k if you do not manage to finish anything before your five hour timer goes off). You can usually find someone in archosaur asking for participants in this one.

World Quest. Does not start until level 70. Once per day. This sequence of quests requires lots of traveling, so grinding might or might not give you faster exps until you reach level 80 or maybe 90.

Dragon Temple. Level 60, pk event. Once per week.

Rebirth Orders. Does not start until level 40. Hard until you have some levels beyond your minimum needed for your level bracket (with roughly 15 levels for each bracket).

Cube of Fate. This does not start until level 40. Easier when you are near the high end of your level bracket (10 levels for each bracket). This place can be quite expensive, and will sometimes frustrating. (Some stages of this quest will eat 100k coins, for example). You can get huge rewards here, but only if you win, and winning will not always be possible.

Some other generally available "one time" quests also do not show up on your "Find Quests" tab, but none of them matter until you reach higher levels. For example, twilight temple has challenge quests but only the first two or three episodes are advertised for you.

Anyways, personally, when I was your level, I was grinding on dustwraither archers (which are bugged and usually got an extra free hit on me when they died, but i needed their glues) and tauroc sentinels. But, really, you can grind on whatever you like.

I wonder how much you would write if you weren't in a hurry O_O lol :D.