Character Jerking Around

meshktenye
meshktenye Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
Hi All

Ok this just started happening recently. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. The game was working just fine for a couple of weeks with no problems and then suddenly I started having this problem just for the past two days. My character suddenly starts jerking around and I lose control of the character. Can't fly, attack, or meditate. However, I am still able to use the chat window. I have to quit and come back in. It will then work for a while - but then start jerking around again. I just installed the latest version of DirectX. I have all of the latest Microsoft Windows XP updates. I have shut down ALL other programs and all items in Taskbar and Tray. I have shut down all unnecessary processes. I have re-booted my computer. I have gone into the Perfect World settings and used the slider and set all graphics to minimum. I have gone to the following website but it didnt help:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=162191&highlight=character+jerking

I still have the problem. Here are my settings:

System Info -
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1862 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 65.14 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB

Display Info -
Driver Provider: Intel Corporation
Driver Date: 7/19/2005
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4363
Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2592&SUBSYS_3080103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&10
Adapter Type Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Adapter RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)
Post edited by meshktenye on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It could be your on board video need updating.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • meshktenye
    meshktenye Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It could be your on board video need updating.

So why did it just start happening recently? - I've had this same video card the whole time I was playing the game for about a month with no problems whatsoever. Then suddenly - a few days ago this started. Nope - cant be the video card.

I'm sure its not my computer - at least not the hardware. I know I just need some kind of software patch. I thought the latest version of DirectX would do it, but it didn't.

Any other recommendations?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Your video chipset uses software acceleration instead of hardware acceleration. So since it uses your CPU and system RAM to function, then if other things on your PC are slowing things down, your video will be handicapped somewhat.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.