• Papacharino - Heavens Tear
    Papacharino - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    *joins* <.<

::watches them them jump up and down::
  • nimirou
    nimirou Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I know you are busy, but if you modify the event specifics, submit it on the official web page as well, not just and only on the forum.

Furthermore - before you would suggest to use the Refresh button -, do it on a different event code (4081) - witch we won't see anyway -, becouse without deleting cookies players won't see the update at all, not in EI nor FireFox.

I hope at least you didn't change the e-mail address.... did you?

This was the original:

"Here's how it works:

* Take a few screenshots of your favorite fashion, feel free to mix-and-match.
    * Think of a cool name for your fashion.
    * Send the pictures, your fashion name, and your character name and server to: pwi-events@perfectworldinc.com

All submissions are due by Monday, June 29th at 10am PST!

On Tuesday, June 30th, we will post 5 finalists of each gender and ask our users to vote for their favorite. Those who make it to the top 10 as well as the highest rated male and female fashions will win!"

Thank you. b:thanks

I am sorry if I repeated somebody, I didn't read through all the 11 pages, only the first 2 and the last.
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    nimirou wrote: »
    I know you are busy, but if you modify the event specifics, submit it on the official web page as well, not just and only on the forum.

I agree whole heartedly with this, as I entered by just reading the website rules, and thus was kinda "wrong". Hell it will help you GMs out to as you'd've got the smaller pictures you wanted and less inbox spam from people not putting names or whathaveyou in the e-mails.

*carries on bouncing*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Darn too late, have there been more than one fashion contests before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • PerfectQueen - Lost City
    PerfectQueen - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    BitterSweet..you have same outift as me and kinda same color b:chuckleb:cry..you are kinda close to my background picture spot(mine had cherry blossoms tress 2) D: lol.....but lucky me i summited more than 1
    Walk, walk fashion baby
    Work it
    Move that ***** crazy
    Walk, walk fashion baby
    Work it
    I'm a freak *****, baby
    b:shockedb:kiss
  • Jielian - Lost City
    Jielian - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    BitterSweet..you have same outift as me and kinda same color b:chuckleb:cry

>.>
    I had the same outfit too but in diff colour >.<
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i am kinda exvcited and kinda not.( gonna die of excitment)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • MissBehaved - Sanctuary
    MissBehaved - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I am so excited to see the top ten too.

Trying to figure out what I missed on edited directions? If we emailed before edit, and pix are too large, are we disqualified? b:shocked

I sent mine in straight away and this is first time I have checked forums, now I am worried and still have to wait arrgggg.

Good luck to everyone, I cant wait to see them.
    My generic avatar icon b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<enter intelligent comment here so people are impressed>
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I hope no1 picked my same fash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    Bludan - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think they will announce fashion polls and video results at same time. I think my fashion will not make it to finals because of poses....! >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    I think they will announce fashion polls and video results at same time. I think my fashion will not make it to finals because of poses....! >.<

My bad I didnt pose(emotes) Mine might be too boring b:laugh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• deathg0d
    deathg0d Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They said, they would post them this week.. hoping that doesnt meen the end of the week >_>
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't know, I wouldn't count on it. I mean, when I tell my mom I'll wash the dishes in five minutes, I don't really MEAN five minutes. Could take longer, I don't know.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There's a whole bunch of stuff piling up right now. Please be patient and we'll do our best to try to get both of them up this week
  • Falon - Lost City
    Falon - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There's a whole bunch of stuff piling up right now. Please be patient and we'll do our best to try to get both of them up this week

b:surrender
    edited July 2009

Thank you spoons b:laugh anticipation drives me crazy but in a good way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Spoons, I understand that it's not easy to get things ready when entries or work gets piling each day. However I do hope you guys will be ready to announce by this wed (thursday for me).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    My suggestion to GMs:
    Don't announce the freaking date for winners unless you KNOW you can keep it. I'd sooner have a closing date for entries and no date for winners than be lied to and have to wait longer than I've been told. Honestly, this happens too often in PWI and we all get a little tired of it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    MissEbil Like us, they're humans with limited strengths. Yes I do know of such situations which led to bigger frustrations on procastination. Only one way that works for us is to develop a virtue in patience and stay at that.

I am also tired of waiting but again it helps me to cling onto hope of winning while results are being prepared. I am sure many of us feel the same thing.

We are not GMs, cannot do anything in our power to tell them to give us exact date. We can however tell them how we feel, like you did in your post.

My reaction for these 2 threads
    >b:worried and b:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathg0d
    deathg0d Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ya but then again, how about they just focus on one event at a time, if they have a schedule they should stick to it, like he said things have been "pilling up" maybe to many events at once?
  • Lyrede_Cross - Lost City
    Lyrede_Cross - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hello there,

Aww...poor GMs, I sure hope thay are not restless from all this judging.

(^.^)\/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Rice Cake Family Forever!!!

\/(^.^)\/
    edited July 2009
    deathg0d wrote: »
    Ya but then again, how about they just focus on one event at a time, if they have a schedule they should stick to it, like he said things have been "pilling up" maybe to many events at once?

Yeah, but then you get people complaining there's not enough events, or that the one that there is they can't enter/ have no chance of winning/ think is a stupid event. So yeah, they can't win that one, even though it's the most common sense.
    When you're working for/with a lot of people, common sense isn't the best option cos they don't understand it.

A combination of too many events and not enough GMs / other people in the office to do the small stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Perhaps it's time to hire more people? b:chuckle
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I actually am sooooo hype cause of all the anticipation.Even though i am 1/500 :(

Hope i can see the results before i go to California............... UGH now the anticipation is killing me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You know, now that I think of it, this contest give an advantage for those who have characters in private servers lol. I think some, you can buy any clothes and dye it any color cause the dyes are in boutiques. Wish there was a way to tell those screenys apart =( If not have the GMs go look at the winners and see if they really have those clothes in that particular color. (kinda hard yeah..)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited July 2009
    You know, now that I think of it, this contest give an advantage for those who have characters in private servers lol. I think some, you can buy any clothes and dye it any color cause the dyes are in boutiques. Wish there was a way to tell those screenys apart =( If not have the GMs go look at the winners and see if they really have those clothes in that particular color. (kinda hard yeah..)

Private servers are not allowed to be in pw contests. In fact you can be banned for having characters on private servers. And they can tell because they cannot receive reward on a viable server.

That would be really unfair.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    Private servers are not allowed to be in pw contests. In fact you can be banned for having characters on private servers. And they can tell because they cannot receive reward on a viable server.

That would be really unfair.
    possible to make same face as official server =( all thats needed is the screeny from the private.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    when you encourage prohibited behavior we cannot help but be suspicious of the motives for doing so. Please omit these sorts of discussions from the forum in the future.
    edited July 2009
    when you encourage prohibited behavior we cannot help but be suspicious of the motives for doing so. Please omit these sorts of discussions from the forum in the future.
    -_-.......... Because as much as I post stupid things on this forum, I like fairness, as hard as it may be. Before you actually cannot help but be suspicious of the motives for me trying to state possible loopholes that may help future events, please google up said prohibited behaviors and see how many are lying around open and free and undisturbed. I am starting to conclude that the only prohibited behavior that is starting to arise is the taboo of mentioning these said places to pretend they do not exist while they are left untouched.
    Telling one to refrain from mentioning these things due to possible problems are understandable. But including the phrase that "we think you are suspicious for mentioning this" put in a very obvious but round about way, I believe was going overboard. You have your job to do, and this is probably menial to you, but I just lost a whole bulk of respect for you with that quote, I'm sorry.