Solo Cleric Guide

Revanna - Harshlands
Revanna - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
This guide is primarily for clerics. Although the tips listed could probably be adapted for other classes as well. I haven't tested it for them.

Like many other games this one suffers from the glass cannon effect. Clerics seem to really suffer from this. The glass cannon effect is where you deal high damage yet die from a paper cut. If it means more survivabilty I'm more than willing to sacrifice a little attack strength. This guide should help you avoid and/or minimize this problem when designing a character.

When deciding on a build it's a good idea to consider many things.
Such as stats, armor, accessories, weapon, skills, and now genie as well. I will expand on them as follows.

First the genie. A lot of people told me to use spirit for it since your genie gains up to 5 points for every one you lose. MAJOR MISTAKE PEOPLE for two reasons.

First. You get 3-5 times the exp that you do spirit. That practically balances out the whole spirit position right there.
Second. Eventually you wind up needing more spirit to up your skills than you did to level up.
Conclusion. It's better to use EXP than spirit.

Stats

I've seen a few differents builds for clerics. All have their problems. Some more than others. First It's less confusing to distribute stat points every two levels.

1. Barebones build. +6 MAG, +1 STR, +3 FREE

Pros High Attack Power. Leaves some points free for Dex, Vit. Decent Str.

Cons Not enough free points for the remaining stats. Thus leaving your character frail, weak and clumsy.

2. Highly offensive build. +9 MAG, +1 VIT

Pros Extremly High Atack Power.

Cons No points for STR, Vit and Dex. Thus your character is always as weak, frail and clumsy as the day you made it.

3. Offensive build. +7-8 MAG, +1 Str, +1-2 Vit

Pros High attack power. Decent Vit and Str.

Cons Your character is always as clumsy as the day you made it.

4. Hybrid build. +6 Mag, +1 Str, +3 Vit

Pros Good Attack Power, Decent Str, Great Vitality.

Cons Your character is always as clumsy as the day you made it.

5. Light armor build. +5-6 Mag, +2 Str, +2 Dex, +0-1 Vit

Pros Good Attack Power, Good Str, Decent Dexterity, Tolerable Vitality. (I'm pretty sure a higher vitality means a greater HP regen rate.) Can wear light armor.

Cons Low hitpoints and HP recovery rate. But clerics can just heal themselves.

Armor

There are three types of armor in this game Heavy, Light, and Arcane Robes. Although armor and accessories are two different categories the accessories you want to use should be dependent on the type of armor. For example a pendant that ups physical defense goes better with arcane robes than one that ups elemental resistance. When deciding on armor remember this you will eventually encounter a point of diminishing returns. (I've seen this in every game I've ever played.)

Heavy armor. (Yes I found a heavy armor cleric build. But the attack power sacrifice was just to great for practical clerical use. So i didn't even list it in the stat section.)

Pros High physical defense.

Cons Weak elemental defense.

Light Armor.

Pros Balanced Physical and Elemental resistance.

Cons I can't really think of any.

Arcane Robes

Pros High Elemental resistance.

Cons Low physical defense.

As for socketing I recommend either defense or hp jewels. It really depends on what stat build you choose.

Accessories

There are Necklaces, Belts and Rings. None of which really have any cons just pros.

Necklaces, and belts

Necklaces and belts are divided into three categories.

Physcial Defense Great with arcane robes.

Elemantal resistance Great with heavy armor.

Evasion Great with Light Armor. (Although I suppose you could use any of the three for light armor.)

Rings

Rings are divided into two categories.

Physical Attack Great for melee characters.
Magic Attack Great for Magic users.
(I'm not sure which an archer would want. I've never liked archers. I go through arrows to fast. And they're always so costly.)

Weapons

There are just to many kinds of weapons to go into much detail so I'll just give some tips for choosing a good one.

First. Type of weapon. Wands/magic swords for magic users, Bows for archers, ETC.

Second. Attack speed.

Third. Damage Range. The higher the attack power the greater the range of damage inflicted. Thus the less predictable the damage done. I personally prefer a weapon with a smaller thus more predictable damage range and a high attack speed.

Skills

You will want to select a LIMITED NUMBER of attack skills. Preferably ones with low MP cost and and Higher Damage.

You will also want to select some skills that buff up your charater. For clerics I like the vangard spirit and magic shell skills they up your magic and physical defenses. The flight speed one is good too.

Conclusion

In conclusion these are the are the criteria I use when making a character for a new game. By doing as I outlined above I can make a magic user that can actually a punch. The essence of this guide is this when designing a character it's important to not only up your strengths but compensate for your weaknesses. Uping your strengths but forgetting to compensate for your weaknesses is how the glass cannon effect is generated.
Post edited by Revanna - Harshlands on

Comments

• Arzalea - Sanctuary
    Arzalea - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm sorry, this was a valiant attempt to be helpful, but there are so many errors with this guide!

Exp is SO important for your character, especially at higher levels. I would NEVER put my exp into my genie. SP starts building up on your character later on, and you will run out of things you need to bother putting SP in. You will always need exp.

This guide seems very biased towards light armor. No cleric with any build will stay as weak/clumsy as day one. Each build has viable pros and cons but you just have not hit on many of them at all.

Barebones build: Wtf is that? That's not a build, there are 3 points unallocated.

Your offensive build is actually the hybrid build. Your hybrid build is considered full vitality.

Archers use physical attack rings and who cares if you like them or not?

I really don't see how evasion would be better than elemental or physical def accessories for LA or any other armor type.

Blah, the more I read this the more I want to vomit on my keyboard so I will just stop there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656411
  • Axe_Fury - Harshlands
    Axe_Fury - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Shut up..Guide sucked... Nuff said
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would of waited untill you had good understanding of playing cleric.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Xxfrostxx - Harshlands
    Xxfrostxx - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think u should re edit this.its full of makes.
    TRy to actually experiece a cleric TO THE FULLEST .I mean arcane armor aren't bad.Sure u have fugly defense.But you have amazing magic atk [more than LA cleric]And even more m.defense ....which gives u the ability to tank magic bosses like Mantavip.
    Dont come to conclusions when u haven t experienced a cleric.YET
    Trust me .With your level its just the beginning. :]
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The biggest disadvantage of LA cleric build is that it is a huge mana sink.

You can heal, dmg anything you want as other clerics do yet without dying much.

You can only have about 20 base vit at max as LA cleric. All this +1 str +1 dex +3 mag every level is just a BS. Just use your brain everytime you distribute stats.
  • Alreatha - Sanctuary
    Alreatha - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Seems more like a generic guide for magic classes than for clerics..
    b:chuckle ==> Abusing Legerity since Demonhood <== b:chuckle
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:sleep

The sticky guide is what every new cleric needs.
    This guide is not accurate not even a bit.

Like ppl here said, every build has pros and cons.
    I seen many types of cleric, and ppl who actually make it work.

So play more and learn about a cleric.
    b:dirty
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This guide is primarily for clerics. Although the tips listed could probably be adapted for other classes as well. I haven't tested it for them.

Second. Eventually you wind up needing more spirit to up your skills than you did to level up.
    Conclusion. It's better to use EXP than spirit.

Are you DUMB? Or are you just a complete NOOB! Nobody in their right mind would use EXP to level a Genie. Thats YOUR major mistake, not everyone elses. You stop needing spirit after 92 (most of the sage/demon skills) and u dont need more spirit until lvl 99, which you probably wont reach.

EPIC FAIL, Re-Roll a Different Game

Oh and did i forget to mention? 100% of this stuff was said in JUNKS Stickied Guide at the top, if your going to make a guide, try to make one by yourself and not copy other peoples guides
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i lold while reading this thread
  • Anfallas - Harshlands
    Anfallas - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hello, I wanted to say that while I found your guide interesting, and it certainly had its' high points, I would like to share some of my info with you.

I am a cleric, but I am a heavy armor wearing cleric. I can do quite alot of damage, and my spells are all leveled up as much as they can go for my level. So you can have heavy armor wearing clerics that work. Unfortunatley, as is the problem with any clerical race from any game, physical damage is still a problem, I have never gotten killed from a magical attack, only physical ones. So here is my point distibution system for anyone who wants a heavy armor wearing cleric that does work.

+2 strength
    +2 magic
    +1 vitality

Magic is still VERY important, so leveling it up is also important, occasionally I put 3 points into magic, and only 1 into strength, but that is fairly rare. Later on she is going to pay off, right now I do lots of meditating. :D
    However, how many people have wanted to be able to be protected from heavy-duty attacks and still live and be able to heal others while not themselves? It's a huge pain in the butt to stop and heal yourself when your tank is going into battle and getting beaten to death because your Cleric got hit twice and is down for the count.
    So if you think you can live with a little bit extra healing and a longer amount of time to do quests, try it, I love my Strong Cleric, she's awesome and kicks butt even now.:D
  • VenosRop - Lost City
    VenosRop - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hello, I wanted to say that while I found your guide interesting, and it certainly had its' high points, I would like to share some of my info with you.

I am a cleric, but I am a heavy armor wearing cleric. I can do quite alot of damage, and my spells are all leveled up as much as they can go for my level. So you can have heavy armor wearing clerics that work. Unfortunatley, as is the problem with any clerical race from any game, physical damage is still a problem, I have never gotten killed from a magical attack, only physical ones. So here is my point distibution system for anyone who wants a heavy armor wearing cleric that does work.

+2 strength
    +2 magic
    +1 vitality

Magic is still VERY important, so leveling it up is also important, occasionally I put 3 points into magic, and only 1 into strength, but that is fairly rare. Later on she is going to pay off, right now I do lots of meditating. :D
    However, how many people have wanted to be able to be protected from heavy-duty attacks and still live and be able to heal others while not themselves? It's a huge pain in the butt to stop and heal yourself when your tank is going into battle and getting beaten to death because your Cleric got hit twice and is down for the count.
    So if you think you can live with a little bit extra healing and a longer amount of time to do quests, try it, I love my Strong Cleric, she's awesome and kicks butt even now.:D

this made me lol irl
  • Anfallas - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    this made me lol irl

You, I think, are very amusing, keep it up.
  • AnitaPaddlin - Heavens Tear
    AnitaPaddlin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Are you DUMB? Or are you just a complete NOOB! Nobody in their right mind would use EXP to level a Genie. Thats YOUR major mistake, not everyone elses. You stop needing spirit after 92 (most of the sage/demon skills) and u dont need more spirit until lvl 99, which you probably wont reach.

Oh and did i forget to mention? 100% of this stuff was said in JUNKS Stickied Guide at the top, if your going to make a guide, try to make one by yourself and not copy other peoples guides

To use your own phrase. You must be the one not in their right mind because I got to level 23 following a popular guide and I couldn't even defeat L14 monsters and yet when I redistributed my stat points according to this guide and reselected my equipment all of a sudden i was defeating L26 monsters easily. Granted the exp verses(SP?) spirit thing SEEMS a little counter intuitive AT FIRST but lets be logical here. First of all you gain exp and spirit at the same time right. If spirit is used you level up faster but have slightly less spirit to show for it. But if exp is used it WILL make leveling up take longer but you keep the spirit you gained with exp that you gave your genie. Plus the exp loss can be made up with grinding. Plus grinding is a good way to make money. And aren't clerics known as the poorest class. So by using exp you gain more spirit relative to exp as well as money. Maybe that's what the author was thinking.

As for the builds granted they're misnamed but how do you know naming things isn't a problem for the author. It could be he/she just isn't very articulate(SP?).

As for light armor well the author does seem to be biased towards it. I'll agree with that. And light armor does have cons phys. def. is less than heavy and elemental def. Is less than robes. as for accessories. Why in the world are archers mentioned I thought this was a clerics guide. And as for evasion maybe the author likes to AVOID blows when ever possible.

The weapons one did make a bit of sense. I've played many RPG's and I never thought about choosing a weapon that way.

As for the whole "glass cannon" effect I have seen many people that seem to have for forgetten about compensating for their weaknesses. A very good idea. One which I think people need to remember.

All things considered I came to three conclusions after reading the guide.
    1. The author is not very articulate.
    2. The author rushed the guide out to soon.
    3. For some reason I got the impression that the author was half asleep when writing this. ALWAYS a BIG mistake when writing.

Now as for why I thought the replies were rude. First of all yes I know it's rude of me to point that out so please people don't mention that. However it would be FAR RUDER of me not to explain. After if I don't how will people know I found them rude. And ignorance may be bliss but how do you learn if no one points out your faults to you.

Arzalea You started out by mentioning this was a vailiant but error filled attempt at helping. So why would you disrespect yourself by mentioning you wanted to "V**** on your keyboard" if you're trying be be helpful please continue being helpful and not rude.

Axe_Fury First of all telling some one to "shut up" is one of the RUDEST things you could EVER SAY. Second of all it is not "enough said". You didn't say why you thought the guide sucked. How will the author LEARN if you don't point out how their manuscript "Sucked"

MystiMonk How do you know the author DIDN'T experiment with several builds and equipment choices BEFORE WRITING their manuscript.

Xxfrostxx Like I told MystiMonk the author could have experimented with several styles first before writing. I know I do the same before settling on a style. Otherwise a very helpful and well thought out response. Crongraulations you are a rarity in today's world.

Torsay I guess you didn't notice this but mana potions have approximately 40-50% bonus when drunk while meditaing. I don't know about the other two types of potions though. Very helpful. But couldn't you have phrased it a bit differently.

Alretha Not very rude. However you could have expanded more on why it was a generic magic user guide not a cleric guide.

Nelae Different opinions are always welcome. But you and Xxfrostxx are both rarities in today's world.

GodlyHealz I got the impression that you didn't think out the whole exp argument before posting. See above for why I got that impression. Other wise you Nelae and Xxfrostxx your are a rarity in todays world.

Anfallas CLAPS HEAVLY. Like the author I didn't think you could make a heavy armor cleric but thanks for pointing out our error. As for your response to VenosRop it's good to laugh at a persons ERRORS. Just don't let them get to you personally.

VenosRop and Deadbone I hosently don't even know where to begin with your responses. So sorry.

AnitaPaddlin I know it's rude to just say "the author" instead of "the author of the Solo Cleric Guide" but everybody knows what we're refering to here. So I think we can sorten it a bit. And it's still less rude than refering to the author by name. Not refering to the author by name is just a little quirk of mine. Everybody has one. The "rude quirk" is just the common one in today's world. Yes I even critique myself. b:laugh
  • VenosRop - Lost City
    VenosRop - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To use your own phrase. You must be the one not in their right mind because I got to level 23 following a popular guide and I couldn't even defeat L14 monsters and yet when I redistributed my stat points according to this guide and reselected my equipment all of a sudden i was defeating L26 monsters easily.

If you coulsn't beat lvl 24 mobs at 23, then newsflash, it wasn't the build, but u that phails. Unless u mean you were doing fsc/fac, neither of which is a build but r-tard concepts.

your entire post was even more lulz than op.
  • AnitaPaddlin - Heavens Tear
    AnitaPaddlin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If you coulsn't beat lvl 24 mobs at 23, then newsflash, it wasn't the build, but u that phails. Unless u mean you were doing fsc/fac, neither of which is a build but r-tard concepts.

your entire post was even more lulz than op.

I'm sorry but unless you played this game before and are starting over a level 1 player shouldn't be critiquing player who are 20+ levels above you. Did you even read the whole post first becuase you certainly gave me the idea that you didn't
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009

+2 strength
    +2 magic
    +1 vitality

If this is your only cleric, soon enuff you will hit a hard point with HA, and probably buy a reset scroll. As you go the expense of a cleric goes way up and HA does not help you in any aspect. Cant tank magic mobs, cant even attempt on doing cleric only stuff.
    So as a player who reached somewhat of experience in PWi, HA is only legit for end game PK/TW.

Your options is LA cleric, dont be fouled, it is a money sink for HP shards and refines, but it would fit your game style and not called a "fail".

As you a cleric on a PvP server the lack of MP and dmg will get you pwned hard b:surrender *and no i am not a care bare, i have alts and its not like i never Pked for all you QQers*

OP said exp infuse for genie, ill have to laugh at that. Not cause you said something wrong, just the part "grind it back". The blessing of low lvs are the quests that lv you fast, and wasting it on genie is a waste. And on low lvs grinding as a cleric wont make you rich. Lvs 60-70 i would say ok, infuse exp, with a slightly offensive build you can grind fast.
    Lvs 70+, you would have to pay me to infuse 1% exp to a genie.
    I rather infuse spirit, which at this point i have allot, skills that i want i already have it planed spirit wise.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    what about aoe grinds with bm'sb:sad
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009

+2 strength
    +2 magic
    +1 vitality

Just a word of 'be careful' =o Your HA build really isnt some kinda taboo like how everyone looks at it. But to be honest, there will be more hard times than easy, especially since you are still starting off.

From Lv1-50+ HA might actually pass as an ok armour since you dont do any big fights. Here staying alive is the main goal, exp is gained by quests, and grinding is at a minimum (if none). Cant say it will be THE best but enough to proceed solo in the game.

From 60-90+ is when you enter the heavy duty grinding stage slowly but surely. As well as countless squadding in TTs and such. When you solo grind, you will start to see a ...questionable diff in dmg arising. ex)arcane might grind 5 in the time it takes you to grind 2 or 2.5. Again if you have the patience, and also not forget to debuff any stacking magic attacks, its not really a deadly problem. (more like preference) What might be an issue is your Regeneration Aura (BB constant aoe curing) since that skill cure is calculated based on your magic attack. The higher the attack the more it heals, and quite often BB is used in situations where ironheart cannot keep up. Since this is not solo and you are working with other pple, you do have to take this into consideration. (like a barb whos tries pure STR or DEX, they ARE still responsible in maintaining decent survivability on hard bosses if they chose not to go into full VIT)

95+ might be the starting lvls where HA on a cleric might not be tooo bad. Weird? Yes. End of the world? No. This is due to the lvl of the character themselves, and the stats on the gear and ornaments that may substitute for the stats you lack. The gears will have better and better stats. (like I have a +11MAG necklace lv90+ a mob dropped) Refining and especially high lvl shards are available for this lvl gear when you reach this stage. You will not be the uber magic tank that the arcane can be. Your HP will be moderate, your Pdef will be very good, your Mdef will suck as much as other melee using HA. Socketing elemental resist shards on the gear are always a path you can take altho it might not be worth it. Refining elemental ornaments are a good option since you dont need what most melee need as ornaments.

Another option that is viable is using arcane and HA at the same time, but this is only possible in later lvls as you will be using the minimum str given. My friend, due to times when he lacks money, he got creative and started to use low lvl 3 star HA. Like for instance boots. They have moderate mag resist, its not that high so it wont kill you if you take those off for short periods. He swapped on low lvl HA boots and other gear depending on the situation, and it boosted his Pdef about 2-3x than the arcane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alreatha - Sanctuary
    Alreatha - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Alretha Not very rude. However you could have expanded more on why it was a generic magic user guide not a cleric guide.
    Simply because you can apply the builds, advice for armour/gears, skills to basically any magic user class.

And honestly, I've never had trouble beating monsters 1-2 levels higher than me, saved for bosses, even starting out as a noob cleric on a pure mag build. I think if you're having trouble, something is possibly wrong with your strategy and you may need to rethink it.

Edit: I know you've mentioned this already, but you're very likely to find rude people everywhere on the internet. Chill =p
    b:chuckle ==> Abusing Legerity since Demonhood <== b:chuckle
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2009

What is wrong with you? Seriously.. Why are you calling the orig poster dumb and talking to them as if YOU were a 12 year old with no basic manners. Ok clearly this person had a lot of misinformation but no reason to resort to the nonsense of name calling. All you need to do is point them in the direction.

People get on the internet and lose all common sense
  • Anfallas - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Thank you everyone for the words of wisdom to me, I really appreciate it, and I love the fact that you weren't insulting about it too.
    To calm the fears of many of you, I always pick clerics/magic users, and I always make them heavy armor users/heavy battle charecters. Weird, I know, but there it is *shrugs* I have found that it something that not only works, but really works well for me, I have had years to get used to the strengths and weaknesses of a normally magical made heavy-battle character.
    Although I have to thank you again, several of you have given me a good idea of the future of my elf.

As a side note, I too have never had trouble defeating creatures 1-2 levels over me either which I feel should be mentioned. I can only take on two creatures at a time, but from what I have learned from friends who are levels ahead of me, they can't take on more that one or two at a time either.

Also, Anita, thank you for reminding me to keep my cool, I can see there is humor for some in what I posted, and I will try to keep that in mind next time I want to say something cr@ppy to someone.

I apologize Venos, I was being harsh and witchy.
    edited July 2009
    I'm sorry but unless you played this game before and are starting over a level 1 player shouldn't be critiquing player who are 20+ levels above you. Did you even read the whole post first becuase you certainly gave me the idea that you didn't

This irritates me when noobs try and tell me that they are right. Honestly. You need Exp to level up.
    You will be "Leveling up" until lvl 105 (Thats the max on official server)
    You will have all skills by lvl 89.
    You will have excess spirit that you wont be able to use in the first place
    I LoL at your noobishness
    That lvl 1 has 10 times more gameplay than you do, she is just using an alt to post.
    You have alot to learn about this game.
    Also, you found this information helpful?
    Well im glad you did, but this information was posted in a different thread 5 months ago, so you dont kno what you are talking about either.
    Re-Roll a new life

And to CandyCane - They need to understand that you dont use exp to level a genie period. Its 2nd grade common sense in PWI. If i flame them, maybe they will read the rest of my post becuz they want to flame back, thus they learn something.
  • Carillon - Lost City
    Carillon - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If i flame them, maybe they will read the rest of my post becuz they want to flame back, thus they learn something.

I usually disregard what flamers say, unless I know it to be true or it's backed up by things other posters say. People who flame normally come across as opinionated, immature and incapable of reasoned argument. They are usually not posting to be helpful.

If you want people to learn something from your posts, then make them short, polite, simple and concise. If they are willing to learn they will take in what you say. If they are an idiot nothing you say will make a difference anyway.

P.S. I stopped reading this thread on page 2, just that last statement caught my eye.
    Dilbert: Why does it seem as if most of the decisions in my workplace are made by drunken lemurs?

Garbage collector: Decisions are made by people who have time and money, not people who have talent

Dilbert: Why are talented people busy?

Garbage collector: They're fixing the problems made by people who have time
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Torsay I guess you didn't notice this but mana potions have approximately 40-50% bonus when drunk while meditaing. I don't know about the other two types of potions though. Very helpful. But couldn't you have phrased it a bit differently.

I think there is a bonus too, been meditating till level 60... now I can afford to buy mp charm.

I can imagine that mana gotta be even more pain for HA cleric. Doubt anyone has ever passed 50s with that build without buying chams for zen or without restat.
    edited July 2009
    I usually disregard what flamers say, unless I know it to be true or it's backed up by things other posters say. People who flame normally come across as opinionated, immature and incapable of reasoned argument. They are usually not posting to be helpful.

If you want people to learn something from your posts, then make them short, polite, simple and concise. If they are willing to learn they will take in what you say. If they are an idiot nothing you say will make a difference anyway.

P.S. I stopped reading this thread on page 2, just that last statement caught my eye.

The idiots are the ones i was trying to get through too.

Because they think they are right all the time and know everything at lvl 25.
    I am calm and respectful if the person asks a question, and i respond helpfully and as nice as i can. But the idiots who tell me im wrong when i know im right irritates me. Thats all.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Ill just repeat my self to the OP > HA waste of time and coins at low-mid lvs
    Exp infuse a genie > waste of time

I kno you like HA build, but without a MP charm your killing and down time will be a pain + the plan to infuse exp b:sad

But in the end if you really have that much of will/time to do it and keep it. Well good for you ^^, would like to see some opinions later on "like lv~70" from a HA who started it from lv1
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    DONT GO LA. LA ISNT GOOD IN TW.

here i am walking down C road in my LA armor.
    taking out an archer and before i knew i got one shotted by a tempest >.<

As a robe a double sparked razor feather does 1.3k damage to me.

I rather be 4 shotted than 1
    =p
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Arzalea - Sanctuary
    Arzalea - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    DONT GO LA. LA ISNT GOOD IN TW.

here i am walking down C road in my LA armor.
    taking out an archer and before i knew i got one shotted by a tempest >.<

As a robe a double sparked razor feather does 1.3k damage to me.

I rather be 4 shotted than 1
    =p
    I hope you have a few more situations and details to back that up.. Now I'm not saying LA is better than robes or vice versa, but if you are basing your assumption on just those minimal instances, it is probably not a very good gauge.

What level was the cleric who used the tempest?
    What level was the one using razor feathers?
    What kind of build did each have?
    What kind of refinements did their weapon have?
    Did the tempest happen to be a critical strike?

Edit: Forgot to mention that tempest is a much stronger attack than razor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656411
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    AND.... If the tempest was that strong it wouldn't make much difference if u were wearing arcane, u only get about 10% more resist anyway (if not less).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
    edited July 2009

To God_Healz, I'm sure that the player who posted this knew that this information was already out there, it could just be that the other post was one of hers as well, under a different/name character, or else they thought the information useful and re-posted it so it could be re-shared with others who didn't find the first or other guides out there.
    Probably not expecting that there were people out there who would criticize them for trying to help new players. I think that it takes guts to post something like this guide and instead of chastizing them or calling them names we should appluad them. If, however, you don't think the information the players here have shared is pertinent or useful, then maybe you should post your own guide and share your level up system with new players.

Also, to put your fears to rest, I don't think I know everything about this game, and I have only been playing a few months, so technically I am new to this game. However, people who criticize others without being even mildly polite or witty about their criticisms, may not want to speak up in the first place, it makes them sound uneducated and rude.

Also I find it amusing that you are calling them the nickname of a breed of goat, Noob, or Nube, is a shortened version of the word "Nubian" which is a breed of large milking goat. I laugh when I see that, because I think not many people realize how ridiculous they sound when they use that term to describe others.

~Good luck in the game everyone. :)

I understand your point, but this guide doesnt need to be posted if it has incorrect information on it.
    The main reason it doesnt need to be posted is because like i said it was posted 5 months ago. The correct information in this guide was already posted by Junk, which is stickied at the top of the cleric forums (Kinda hard to miss)
    Why are you trying to sound smart? Nobody cares what "Noob" means, this is a video game forum and not English class. You and your goat can go back to college, nobody here cares.

I understand she might have been trying to be helpful, but she basically posted some of Junks guide.

The only difference is she talked about how you should infuse EXP to genies (WTF?) i already kno that nobody in their right minds will waste their XP to level a genie.

Junk is not going to post another guide on the forums especially if its already stickied, when this "New Guide" already contains 90% of the information in his own guide. You have "nice" thoughts but illogical.