Open letter to LC

Zephlin - Lost City
Zephlin - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
To the people of lost city server I say hello. This is a open letter on the issue's going on our server.

The over all feel of our server is a fairly good one, good as in as much as any server can be that is open pk that is. We have our drama's and our highs and our low's. The issue's of late I want to refer to are the state of the bigger guilds and the rolls they play ( think they play also ) in the daily lives of this server. First this is not a crying session for all you lame brains a QQ session it is just
what I have noticed.

First and for most this server is mostly controlled by CQ. This is a statement that the map reflects. CQ over all since I have been playing ( Dec 30th 2008 ) have not been what I would call a hateful guild or much of a PKing guild other then there KOS. This would seem for the most part to be a good thing for the server but in fact, can be a reason there is so many small guilds and so few large guilds. Since CQ are nice and do not random pk or grief players the majority of the population does not have to worry about being dominated by Jack ****'s. Now on most games where guilds who control lands set tax rates and thus burden the server, the lower lvl people suffer but since this game does not do that the small guys and guilds do not need to ban together to take on CQ. This has put the server into a sense of laziness and well made middle size and small guilds stagnate. But of late, it seems CQ who wants to keep there lands, are now willing to make deals with other guilds or even invite former RQ people to keep control. I know it is summer but even CQ image can be tarnished with the entrance of people whom MOST of the "Non Factor" people out there truly either hate or at least do not care for. Now I am not bashing or raising the anti CQ flag just pointing out the fact's.

Now there are at least 3 more large guilds who want your piece of the lands pie. Spec, Riot, and RQ. Yes there are other large guilds and a few medium guilds ( mine included ) who want pie pieces but are either unable or unwilling to take on CQ and since CQ are nice why should they. So lets go into the 3 large guilds who want to be the land leaders now days. Lets go into this guilds a bit.

RQ is the only guild of the 3 other large ones who have kept there name( though not the same people) the longest. They are a PKing guild and random pk, grief, and bully people. They do not make nice about it they are what they are. Now I find it funny people on this server give RQ prop's for being ****'s and some even respect them. I for one understand there role though my leanings do not favor them. I have no issues with being pked or even killing white names ( for reasons not just for the heck of it). I do not even long drawn out fights with others but I fail to understand why the NEW RQ has members who joined just to be ****'s, who also will do anything NOT to lose. This includes glitching, cheating, exploiting and so forth. Not all of them do it but you would be surprised at the people who are in that guild ( and some others not just RQ) that bot there way through lvl's. Then because they do not know how to play there class lose to people 20 lvl's under them with far worse gear. ( if your going to call me a QQer for this just go to Dreamweaver port and look in safe zone one RQ always there alway hunting ( same person also ) if they are not a bot I will give my house and car away.) I know of another RQ who went from 68 to 89 in 2 week's weeeeee I want in on that geesh. Just because your a higher lvl now does not mean your any good at pvp.
Now the other point about RQ. They have a large membership even a ton of white names of late. But I do not think over all they work well as a guild as a whole. They are more worried about PKing and other things then working as a team. Also I would rather chew my leg off then see them control the map. BUT this being who they are and what they are it would help pull smaller guilds into larger one's.

Ok moving onto Riot. Riot seems to be mainly a group of the more hmm PKing natured people from BLT. They do pk but over all not seem them grief much other then a small hand full. They do have a fairly large guild but in terms of the 3 other large guilds I would place them at number 2 just under spec then lastly RQ since RQ members have been going to other guilds of late. ( someone hand me a #$%^&*( Score card so I can keep up with this junk). I have not seen nor heard any of the leanings of Riot but I think there over all view is more slanted towards old BLT view's ( but I can be wrong). Over all of the 3 they seem to be the least, well not threat, but well pain in the ****. But tey would also bring smaller guilds into mergers do to there pking nature.

Spectral is also a guild made from the ashes of BLT. They seemed more on lvling then pking but there views, while admirable in nature, are very warped. They do not RPK and that is good but there whole hearted hatred of CQ has almost twisted there way of thinking. For one any guild seen talking to, grouping with, buffing, rezzing, or just looking at a CQ is put on KOS for being CQ's allia. I understand they want to take CQ down a notch and I admire that, BUT they are attacking like a jealous boyfriend, beating anyone up who looks at there girlfriend. It is almost silly. Now unlike RQ and Riot, Spec does have both the number and lvl's to match up to CQ. And since it is summer they have a very good shot at controlling more of the map then either Riot or RQ. But with there thinking "we are the GOOD guys, CQ is EVIL" and unwavering views to put anyone on KOS who even thinks CQ. They will not last as long as they would like. If CQ does not take them down another guild will or they will fall apart. Purily on the fact they are to closed minded and not looking at the big picture. Many in Spec think that the server is dieing because of CQ's control, but server is not dieing, it is just not as hostile as it could be. And that is what I think Spec wants more PK server then Care bear server. Like I said, something admirable but also warped. But with them controlling more lands smaller and mid size guilds can ban together and make a stronger server.

Now the few mid size guilds the 3 who have lands currently ( well Integ lost to Riot so 2 left) . All 3 are over all non rpkers and leanings are more towards CQ then the other 3. That maybe why the other 3 large guilds have them all on KOS. I think because well even though they are smaller they fight better then the 3 large one's because there members have to use fewer and lower lvl to get the job done. Thus they work together better in many way's ( though Spec does fight well together in large and small numbers unlike Riot or RQ). Only time will tell the true ending of this. But with the smaller guilds members growing in lvl's it will soon be just a numbers game not a lvl game that the large guild's will have to deal with. And with many of the high end people either quitting or giving there characters away, I do not think that the map will be as one sided as it is now ever again.
Now what does this all mean? It means that no matter what. ( even in real life ) No matter who is in power there is always someone who see's things differently or wants that power for themselves.
I will not lie and say I would LOVE for my guild to be bigger and stronger and control more lands. But I also am unwilling to pay the price of selling my in game soul to some for that power or compromising my views and my guilds views for that power. Anyway that is the current way I see things. Yes people will see things differently. And thank god they do or this be a very boring world in RL and in game.
Post edited by Zephlin - Lost City on

Comments

• Pnut - Lost City
    Pnut - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    First and for most this server is mostly controlled by CQ.

I saw that, and didnt bother to read more b:bye
    "when i get about 10m

gonna restat to AA and hop into a TW in 90 robes... :D" - Stickygreen lvl 93 WB Heavens Tear
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    We need a TL;DR over here.

I tried to withstand the wall of text but all focus went out of the window when he said that CQ's carebearness was NOT good for the server.
  • pervs
    pervs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Tl;dr

@_@;
    "you want 1by1 go play tekken la"
  • darkwhispers
    darkwhispers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Less wall of text plox.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ... I actually read the whole thing.
    All I can say to this is: Games are SERIOUS business dude.
    In fact, since this is an RPG, according to your post here, EVERYONE has to play THEIR role on a game, up to the very guild they're in, or else they're non-factors, bad at what they're doing, or... bots.

Ex-RQ does not mean "bad" people.
    For f's sake, stop clumping people in guilds as "this" or "that" or "****" or whatever the **** you wanna call them. You my friend are very judgemental.

I can sum up your entire paragraph in several phrases:
    1) RQ Bots, RQ sucks, I hate RQ
    2) Riot is failed BLT members who needs to clump together with other guilds
    3) CQ shouldn't be so carebear
    4) Spectral is childish because they take their "hate" too far.

This is a game dammit.
    Before people started coming together to take down CQ, everyone says **** like "Oh people on the server are too carebear to do anything. They won't form up to attack CQ". Now Riots taking in members, people who haven't twed before for a new experience... The Rest of the server to go against CQ, and what do you call it? Bringing in smaller guilds because of their pk nature? gtfo.

Spectral taking land from CQ: Hey, wake up call. This is what the games about?!
    Taking land from others? Fighting tw?
    Last I checked, tw was fun. So is world pvp. KoS is fun for that reason.
    If you don't think so, you're on the wrong server.
    You may continue in your carebearness, but don't judge from the sidelines.

And just to add to it: Why so serious?
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ok wall of text, although I did read it. First, Riot does not rpk, they are very strict on this. Secondly, what was the point of this letter? It seems more like you started to ramble than anything. Lastly, verify all your facts before you write about this, there is some misleading info that is very opinionated. This may throw the new players views off.

Edit for Jrudora...well put
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Anyone who can read sufficiently... this wall of text isn't that bad to read, lazy people D:

Anywho, you also have to realize that the people from RQ that did join CQ, are obliged to follow the "no rpk" rule that CQ has. Although that rule has been slipping lately, but you can hold a grudge against that ex-RQ, it doesn't make them a bad person just to join CQ.

This is my opinion maybe since the last 2 weeks of recent activities:

* When RQ, Riot, Spec had triple attacked us, color=red]Thanks to Amour[/color, that was the most fun CQ had since BLT broke up. Whether we lost land or not, its a disappointment that we did, but hey, it was better than the "practice" wars for the other guilds.

*If you try to reunite the entire server with all-so-many guilds to attack CQ at once, then there will be no chance for CQ to lose lands. The 3 biggest guilds with the biggest threat to land on the same day for TW would be RQ, Spec, and Riot. The server will set the times and will mix up the attacks on separate days. If you truly want to see a change in color of the TW map, then join the the bigger threatening guilds tbh.

*After a few RQ that left to join CQ, a bit of me felt like that triple threat has been weakened. As you can see, CQ is no longer being triple attacked, but it's too early to tell. We'll see in a few weeks to see what happens.

*Also, didn't a few people leave Riot and Spectral this week? >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pr0
    pr0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    "68 to 89 in 2 week's weeeeee I want in on that geesh."

Oh and im sure that would make sense since our req lvl is 75+
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Now the few mid size guilds the 3 who have lands currently ( well Integ lost to Riot so 2 left) . All 3 are over all non rpkers and leanings are more towards CQ then the other 3. That maybe why the other 3 large guilds have them all on KOS.

RQ random PKs anyone. Other than that, there's no KoS going on (at least due to 'siding with CQ' reasons I believe). Multi-attacking CQ land needs to be planned out. And jumping in on bids isn't gonna help anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The only thing that will have a big impact on the server and change who and what guild have the most land is a certain MMO launching in September.

Doubt planned triple attacks will do much against CQ dominating the map compared to when [removed] launches and half the server moves on b:surrender
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    RageQuit random PK's??? Nuh uh, since when?

Seriously I have been pked by RQ maybe twice, three times max, in all the time I have spent between 30 and 58 (about 8 months lol)

The only thing that will have a big impact on the server and change who and what guild have the most land is a certain MMO launching in September.
    Shhhhh....

We are not to speak of that.

Also.

High Levels leave PWI for [removed]

They play [removed]

They get bored
    They come back to PWI
    The golden age of peace and prosperity created during that time is destroyed
    ???
    PROFIT!

The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Shotay - Lost City
    Shotay - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Jesus

Summary please? :)
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Jesus

Summary please? :)

Everyone go out and show your e-peen.........
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    it doesn't make them a bad person just to join CQ.

According to 90% of the population it does.
    *After a few RQ that left to join CQ, a bit of me felt like that triple threat has been weakened. As you can see, CQ is no longer being triple attacked, but it's too early to tell. We'll see in a few weeks to see what happens.

Indeed. I, for one, hope that they get back to fighting the good fight, even if I'll be on the opposing end of it. I left because I disagreed with the leadership, but I have too much history to NOT love that guild. Besides, what's more fun than killing your friends? b:shutup
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Also.

High Levels leave PWI for
    They play [removed]

This is where your post should have ended. Once you play [removed]
    , no one is coming back.

Hell, it's cheaper to play [removed] than it is pw too!
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is where your post should have ended. Once you play [removed], no one is coming back.

This. Bye bye pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    This is where your post should have ended. Once you play [removed], no one is coming back.

meh.

I'm going to play both, and some people will as well (probably the level 100s who just log on for tw).

But it will definitely have a big impact, especially on the first few days after release.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I saw the trailers for Aion, I wasn't impressed. I am staying with PWI. Also how could it be cheaper to play [removed] than PW. I haven't spent a dime on PW.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Pnut - Lost City
    Pnut - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Once you play [removed], no one is coming back.

the above statement is true
    "when i get about 10m

gonna restat to AA and hop into a TW in 90 robes... :D" - Stickygreen lvl 93 WB Heavens Tear
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Indeed. I, for one, hope that they get back to fighting the good fight, even if I'll be on the opposing end of it. I left because I disagreed with the leadership, but I have too much history to NOT love that guild. Besides, what's more fun than killing your friends? b:shutup

I second that, some butthurt ****s might end up hating you but who cares!?

or maybe they will call you a backstabber/traitor b:shutup b:chuckle
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I saw the trailers for [removed], I wasn't impressed. I am staying with PWI. Also how could it be cheaper to play [removed] than PW. I haven't spent a dime on PW.

Dude.

You're level 58. PVP doesn't even become Serious Business till 60.

If you still haven't spent a dime by the time you're 90 then it'd actually mean something.
  • Column - Lost City
    Column - Lost City Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Anyone who can read sufficiently... this wall of text isn't that bad to read, lazy people D:

Anywho, you also have to realize that the people from RQ that did join CQ, are obliged to follow the "no rpk" rule that CQ has. Although that rule has been slipping lately, but you can hold a grudge against that ex-RQ, it doesn't make them a bad person just to join CQ.

This is my opinion maybe since the last 2 weeks of recent activities:

* When RQ, Riot, Spec had triple attacked us, color=red]Thanks to Amour[/color, that was the most fun CQ had since BLT broke up. Whether we lost land or not, its a disappointment that we did, but hey, it was better than the "practice" wars for the other guilds.

*If you try to reunite the entire server with all-so-many guilds to attack CQ at once, then there will be no chance for CQ to lose lands. The 3 biggest guilds with the biggest threat to land on the same day for TW would be RQ, Spec, and Riot. The server will set the times and will mix up the attacks on separate days. If you truly want to see a change in color of the TW map, then join the the bigger threatening guilds tbh.

*Also, didn't a few people leave Riot and Spectral this week? >>

Thanks to Amour? lol hes never had anything to do with war planning but hes great at making it appear so.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    this thread has way too much advertising of other games to keep open. Sorry

If another thread with this much promotion pops up again, bans will be issued
This discussion has been closed.