Lvl up bonuses

DaveORules - Harshlands
DaveORules - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
I'm one of those people who don't spend money on games. I think every ten levels players get to choose one thing from the item mall.
Post edited by DaveORules - Harshlands on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No. Too broken. Next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm one of those people who don't spend money on games. I think every ten levels players get to choose one thing from the item mall.

the game would never make money then since whoever wanted something in the item mall would create a new character.. train it to 10-20 and get some free sht out of the mall.

Its not gonna happen. Level and make money.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Actually I've played a game where every level you automatically got a predetermined item in the mail. Some of it was cash shop and they had a trick, it was all bound.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I like the concept very much, but I don't like the idea of people creating 50 characters, leveling them all to 10, claiming 2.5 m/s flying mounts, and selling them all on their main b:faint
    Actually I've played a game where every level you automatically got a predetermined item in the mail. Some of it was cash shop and they had a trick, it was all bound.

Getting to choose a bound item every 10 levels seems like a possibility b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Two words: Stash Box.

Every 5 levels we get a prize from the box. Some can be sold, others like equipment and weapons are bound to the user who got them.

Why do you want something every 10 levels when we already get one every 5? And if we got CS items so easily, the company would go bankrupt because nobody would need to buy from the cash shop any more. And then we'd have no free game to play.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Doughster - Heavens Tear
    Doughster - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the Herc and the Nix would become FAR too easy to obtain. while i would like them to be easier to obtain, i do like the challenge of getting alot of money to get them, maybe every 30lvls u get 1 item like 5gold or less. that would be fair i think.
  • SuccubusGenX - Heavens Tear
    SuccubusGenX - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't normally spend money in on-line games either, but on this one I did...and quite a bit as well, because I believe this game to be worth investing in - both in time and money. It's the best game of it's type I've come accross so far.
    So I disagree with the idea of making CS items available every 10 lvls or so, but maybe some kind of prize would be a good idea like, for example, 500k in coins or something...and maybe make that for every 15 or 20 lvls instead, which means you still got to work for it but you are rewarded for your efforts in some way for those that need more...incentive...lol. (at least then you might be able to put that 500K towards buying a CS item from a player...who in turn would have had to buy that from the CS. and so the company still gets it's money, can still run the game and you get your reward).
    Also, it doesn't have to be 500K...could be..250k...would be PWI's descision to adjudicate a fair reward on this.

Edit : before people put too much hype into the Stash Box being a great idea and all - it's pretty much a ploy to get people to spend money in the CS rather than a series of useful rewards. I've found none of the items from that particularly useful so far except the aerogear, which my barbarian alt used.
    My veno here didn't even find the aerogear useful as I prefer her Swan flying mount I bought from the CS. My veno also can't get the lvl 50 Stash Box open without buying a Perfect Hammer from the CS, rendering the Stash Box useless as a "gift". My barb alt did not find the second set of duel hammers useful as his spikey ball hammers are more powerful.

And to top it off the aerogear has a time duration on it, I would have preferred a slightly slower perminant one than a temporary fast one.
    It also would have been better if players could sell the stuff from the stash box if they found it to be useless so they could buy something useful instead.

I doubt a person is going to be lured to buy stuff from the CS because of the Perfect Hammer if they haven't been lured there already when they clicked the CS button and browsed the Boutique in the first place and haveing to buy the hammer kind of takes away from the Stash Box being a "gift"...it feels half-hearted in my opinion.

So while I'm all for people spending money in the CS (which I'm one of those which has), I also don't appreciate half-hearted efforts or ploys.
    If someone needs a ploy to sell something then what does that say about their faith in the product?
    Personaly I don't think anything in the CS requires a ploy to sell...it's good quality stuff (except maybe the hammer...lol)...it speaks for itself.

The Perfect Hammer is likely one item I will never ever buy from the CS...I can't thus far justify it's purchase. Many of the other items such as the clothing, mounts etc are a differant story....those are well worth the money.

And that's another point...they've released new mounts and aerogear for the CS...no doubt there will be more products like that in the future...why the hell the need to sell a damn hammer?...lol.
    One must remember this is supposed to be a free to play game, if too much gets sold or involves the CS it will gradually defeat the object of it being free to play.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents worth on the Stash Box.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Garmr beat me to it, but once again.

The stash box you get every 5 levels is basically this idea. A free fast aerogear, free charms etc. more ways to tempt you to the cash shop.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.