Archer Weapons

sarahbear
sarahbear Posts: 106 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Archer
I know the differences between bow, crossbow, and slingshot, but I'd like to know why you chose the weapon you did (on other servers). :)
"The human body is a canvas for the expression of cultural ideas of men and women throughout time and around the world."
-Liz Sands

:D Buying photoshop at discount price from my school soon. So I can make a sweet signature soon!
Post edited by sarahbear on

Comments

• azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Why , well at higher lvls most archers choose bow because it looks cooler ... but i use crossbow because its better for pvp and hurting players :)
  • sarahbear
    sarahbear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    azure wrote: »
    Why , well at higher lvls most archers choose bow because it looks cooler ... but i use crossbow because its better for pvp and hurting players :)

:D I'll try not to be your enemy.
    "The human body is a canvas for the expression of cultural ideas of men and women throughout time and around the world."
    -Liz Sands

:D Buying photoshop at discount price from my school soon. So I can make a sweet signature soon!
  • shadowvzs87
    shadowvzs87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    and slingshot against mobs and vs mage robe players fine (xbow sometimes 1 hit,slightshot more fast and can do skill interrupt to target)
  • seb
    seb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Xbow has more max damage, Bow is like the most balanced weapon of the 3, sling hits really fast but it doesn't worth it unless you have +3 or more on it. But mostly it's up to your game style and of course what you want it for... if you want it for PvP mostly then xbow is your choise if you want for PvM then bow.
  • seveneyes
    seveneyes Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I chose bow, precisely for aesthetics!

Bows look better and they are more traditional for this era of fantasy.
  • enigma32
    enigma32 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    For the basis, anyone will tell you:
    Xbow=Higher atk/lower atk speed
    Bow=Balance
    Sling=Higher atk spd/Lower atk

IMO, go for the bow with good stats, or whatever is the best value. As time goes on, there will be more and more bows in the auction hall with big variety. Don't focus as much on the type of bow, but instead try getting weapons with good boosts like +phy atk or +crit rate, and/or keep an eye on price compared to how good it really is. (Value)
  • saifung
    saifung Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bows cuz the bonus(ed) arrows ups crit %.
    bow cuz they do more damage over time then xbow AND attack faster.
    bowz cuz slings is for kids and xbow looks tarded.
  • darkeva
    darkeva Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    For level 1 - 60. *If you are rich(item mall seller).. just ignore and get the highest level weapon you can use excluding slingshots*

If you find yourself using your normal attack more than skills then you should use a bow. Bows have a higher DPS than crossbows. A simple formula for DPS is (MxDmg + MnDmg) * AtkSpd * 0.5

On the otherhand, if you spam skills most of the time then use a crossbow. Crossbows have a higher average damage than bows. The formula for average damage is (MxDmg + MnDmg) * 0.5.

After level 60 you'll start using hh weapons(what are we calling them now?). You should just use the weapon with the best effects, damage, and value. If you are going to zhen level(what is it called now?) then you should just use the weapon with the most damage.

BTW never use slingshots... They suck..
  • zaeri
    zaeri Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    seveneyes wrote: »
    Bows look better and they are more traditional for this era of fantasy.

Amen to that!
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    darkeva wrote: »
    For level 1 - 60. *If you are rich(item mall seller).. just ignore and get the highest level weapon you can use excluding slingshots*

My legendary slingshot is by far better than any bow/xbow you can buy from lvl 42-60. I can easily outdamage archers of higher lvl with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mathewvodhr
    mathewvodhr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i am still downloading this game. i am just wnderin if an archer can use other weapons besides bow xbow or sling?
  • ehrdez
    ehrdez Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    My legendary slingshot is by far better than any bow/xbow you can buy from lvl 42-60. I can easily outdamage archers of higher lvl with it.

i second that. what people don't know about slingshots is that it has the lowest damage range, meaning u won't be doing 300 dmg in one shot then 800 on the next like xbow does, or even bow. it's much easier to calculate how many shots u need to kill a mob before they can actually reach u. plus the level 42 slingshot mold has a nice little attack speed boost on it b:victory
  • darky13
    darky13 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    well i use a bow cuz its balance for me even tho im a low lvl then most of the ppl in here i think anyways i build my guy by adding 2 Str, 2 Dex, 1 Vit sometimes i add to Mag but not alot but yea and the armor i usually use is with the highest Defense on it or Phys Defense not sure the best
  • krasnansky
    krasnansky Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Slingshots are so ^@#%@!^# dumb :-) i mean i can't walk around on the game weilding one for more than a few seconds before i get an urge to just unweild and drop it on the ground... then get on my boa to get as far away from it as i possibly can!

Bows FTW
  • Flourish - Lost City
    Flourish - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    yea lol. Running around with a tiny weapon feels kinda dumb. Everyone else got huge big ones and you got a tiny small one. Its just not cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rathalosx - Lost City
    Rathalosx - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I freaking love my cross bow...Kinda reminds me of a gun lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blah blah blah
  • Anglebaby - Lost City
    Anglebaby - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xbow for pvp, pk
    slingshot+bow for pve

later rank equips weapon givs more bows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zx_buzter - Lost City
    Zx_buzter - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2009

If you find yourself using your normal attack more than skills then you should use a bow. Bows have a higher DPS than crossbows. A simple formula for DPS is (MxDmg + MnDmg) * AtkSpd * 0.5

On the otherhand, if you spam skills most of the time then use a crossbow. Crossbows have a higher average damage than bows. The formula for average damage is (MxDmg + MnDmg) * 0.5.

After level 60 you'll start using hh weapons(what are we calling them now?). You should just use the weapon with the best effects, damage, and value. If you are going to zhen level(what is it called now?) then you should just use the weapon with the most damage.

wrong!!!! , wrong!!!! , wrong!!!! slingshot has a high DPS rate it can interuppting mage's spell ...,..including BLACK ICE DRAgon stRIKE
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wrong!!!! , wrong!!!! , wrong!!!! slingshot has a high DPS rate it can interuppting mage's spell ...,..including BLACK ICE DRAgon stRIKE

Slingshots are useless, the higher you get in terms of levels.

You'll be carrying around a bow or crossbow once you hit 7x or 8x, and always during 9x.

You wouldn't want to be caught off guard with a weapon that is practically worthless in PvP. On a PvE server it wouldn't matter.

Consistent damage - GREAT!! for lower levels.
    Faster rate of fire - GREAT!! Except it doesn't matter when casting skills.

The fact that it has a very small but lower damage range is beneficial in terms of Grinding, but in terms of PvP its absolutely worthless. When you get to your higher levels you'll have a critical rate high enough to critical a good number of shots.

With a crossbow or a bow you can reach a high critical damage far exceeding that of a slingshot (if you're lucky), in the worse case scenario you just deal as much damage as a slingshot critical.
  • Masakazu - Heavens Tear
    Masakazu - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    some slingshots are far from useless... Winds and Clouds lvl69 and Striker:Glare lvl90 are outstanding weapons and do insane dmg =P
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    some slingshots are far from useless... Winds and Clouds lvl69 and Striker:Glare lvl90 are outstanding weapons and do insane dmg =P

GJ necroing.
  • Psycosiz - Lost City
    Psycosiz - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    darky13 wrote: »
    well i use a bow cuz its balance for me even tho im a low lvl then most of the ppl in here i think anyways i build my guy by adding 2 Str, 2 Dex, 1 Vit sometimes i add to Mag but not alot but yea and the armor i usually use is with the highest Defense on it or Phys Defense not sure the best

Lol stop adding points at Mag...its USELESS for an archer, and wth are you adding 2 points in Str??? you just need 1 per lvl.

There are only 2 builds that work for archers: 4 Dex 1 Str every lvl (pure)

Or:3 Dex 1Str 1 Vit every lvl (hybrid)
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lol stop adding points at Mag...its USELESS for an archer, and wth are you adding 2 points in Str??? you just need 1 per lvl.

There are only 2 builds that work for archers: 4 Dex 1 Str every lvl (pure)

Or:3 Dex 1Str 1 Vit every lvl (hybrid)

Or 9 Dex 2 Str 1 Vit every 2 levels (hybrid 2)
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hybrid 2 build is probably the best. Or Add vit until 30 vit and go pure.

Eh, I hate Xbows, they are just annoying to use. The really big damage range is so annoying. Xbows can hit like 500 on one shot, then like 1200 on the next shot, which can get really annoying when you try to plan how to kill a monster. A good thing about xbows though is the fact that skills arent affected by the speed of your bow. So casting Stunning arrow with a Xbow will take 1.5seconds. Casting stunning with a slingshot will take 1.5seconds as well. So if you use skills alot Xbow is the way to go I guess.
    (This is why they are good for PVP, cuz in PVP you almost never use ur normal attacks, and the high spike damage xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Retributions - Heavens Tear
    Retributions - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009

My Sinister Shooter has out damaged many archers that were at my level. Although the power of it decreases the higher you go, it was a good investment.