Level 2 Pet Tame

chelseacraft
chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
OK, I'm confused. On my level 2 pet tame skill I just got it tells me that I can now tame animals that are NOT infected with wraith spirit. Well then that would be the domestic animals in towns like rabbits, hens, horses, & so forth, right? All the monsters we battle are infected with wraith spirit... or so the story goes. So the only non-infected animals I've seen are in the towns.

But I can't find anything about this or anyone doing it & so forth. Is it just these rare baby pet spawns that are worthless to even try to get near because all the high level rich people hog them all up?

What about just regular pets? Aren't there any regular all class pets? I think the baby pets are lame except the fowl but I'd like some regular pets. Only thing the babies seem good for is selling.
Post edited by chelseacraft on

Comments

• Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    U can tame mobs same lv like u, when u pick a mob look if it got a smiley face at right at it life bar if the face is red u cant tame it cuz maybe is more high lv than u, yellow face means u can tame it but will be hard mob will be close to death to tame it and when the face is green is easy to tame almost at half life.

If u pick a mob and havent the smiley face u cant tame it isnt a tameable mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • chelseacraft
    edited July 2009
    U can tame mobs same lv like u, when u pick a mob look if it got a smiley face at right at it life bar if the face is red u cant tame it cuz maybe is more high lv than u, yellow face means u can tame it but will be hard mob will be close to death to tame it and when the face is green is easy to tame almost at half life.

If u pick a mob and havent the smiley face u cant tame it isnt a tameable mob.

Well thank you but I already know that & I'm not asking a question about the monsters in battle that have wraith spirit in them.

Once again, when a person achieves level 2 pet tame skill if you read the description of that skill it says that now you can tame animals that do not have wraith spirit in them.

Just because an animal has a smiley face doesn't mean it doesn't have wraith spirit. Like my first pet was a Sharptooth Wolf & he was a wraith pet & you have to feed them to tame them once you get them. I have a sable minkii now who is great. So I don't need a battle pet. I know how to get any battle pet I want.

I'm asking about ALL CLASS pets and asking why does it say I can tame animals that are not wraith infested?
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    I'm asking about ALL CLASS pets and asking why does it say I can tame animals that are not wraith infested?

When u pick the mobs anything explains u if its wraith infested or not...
    Rare pets starts at lv20 then u can tame it and u need an amount of they to made a baby pet for all class.
    As more high is your tame skill u can be able to tame a low lv pet without need fight and let it with a few life.
    The only thing matters is the colour face thats the reason cuz i explain it to u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • WyldeStryke - Sanctuary
    WyldeStryke - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    {Puts on her role playing hat} The hens, pups, cats, horses and such in town all belong to the towsfolk. It would be theft to take them from those gentle people!

When we are out adventuring and doing what we can to protect the world from Wraith-infested monsters, we sometimes find an individual in whom the evil is almost absent. Perhaps when it's life force is weakened in battle this happens more often. It is then when the magic that marks all beasts as kin allows us to tame these beasts to do our bidding. I am not a Sage, and therefore my understanding is yet limited, but this is as I understand things to be.

{out of character} I think this inconsistency is just that; it's a small inconsistency within the game lore. You can see above how I have rationalized it for myself.
  • Zareh - Dreamweaver
    Zareh - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    OK, I'm confused. On my level 2 pet tame skill I just got it tells me that I can now tame animals that are NOT infected with wraith spirit.
    and by the way, All of the pet tame skills say -that are NOT infected with wraith spirit- not just the second one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    OK, I'm confused. On my level 2 pet tame skill I just got it tells me that I can now tame animals that are NOT infected with wraith spirit. Well then that would be the domestic animals in towns like rabbits, hens, horses, & so forth, right? All the monsters we battle are infected with wraith spirit... or so the story goes. So the only non-infected animals I've seen are in the towns.

But I can't find anything about this or anyone doing it & so forth. Is it just these rare baby pet spawns that are worthless to even try to get near because all the high level rich people hog them all up?

What about just regular pets? Aren't there any regular all class pets? I think the baby pets are lame except the fowl but I'd like some regular pets. Only thing the babies seem good for is selling.

All levels of tame say the same thing, and it is not worth the sp to level up tame unless your planning to spend a lot of time trying to tame rare pets due to the fact that taming is much more influenced by hp than level of tame, which starts at level 9 with the frogling. You can only tame those with the yellow or green smilies with yellow being the more difficult. Red are those who are tamable but you can't tame until you reach their level. You can't tame any of those pets in towns. Not all monsters are wraiths, matter of fact only a small amount are actually wraiths. All class pets are really the useless ones because they can't fight, their just for show. They're useful in selling only.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009

The only reason you can tame animals, is because they are not infested by the wraiths - and this is why they get a little green/amber/red face on their information bars to tell you whethre you are the right level or not.

All class pets are created by combining a number of either normal or rare pet eggs together at an NPC called Mrs Zoologist in south east Archosaur.

I hope this helps a little.
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Actually, the mobs that you fight which can be tamed are really not infected by the wraith. That's right, they're just ordinary animals that live peacefully. They feed, they sleep, they raise their young... Look at them as you fly above. They're not bothering anyone. Then you come along and slaughter them for "experience". Even worse, you enslave them to do your bidding, forcing them to kill their own kin. Just think, you forced the wolf you enslaved to kill another wolf. What if that other wolf was your own wolf's mother?

You murderer.
  • unorded
    unorded Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    sow if i read it good i can tame a pet like rabbit or im lvl 3 or higher just to clik on the green smiley icon right?
    sow im lvl 3 and i attack an rabbit or ram and clik the green smiley at the right of the HP poits than im taming that mob?
  • unorded
    edited July 2009
    and then after that i can turn t intoo a egg and sell it for much money? i don't know hom much each bud i think round the 50k right?
  • unorded
    edited July 2009
    just one question more wich skill i need to tame it or do i not need a skill thanks and good bye and much game fun on PW
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Not all the mobs are infected by the Wraiths. Usually just the ones with "wraith" in their name.

If you watch what the NPCs say, a lot of the trouble-causing mobs were aggravated by things the wraiths did, and now they're acting up and causing harm to people. They haven't actually been infected.

I find it a real shame that we can't tame the horses XD But I guess they probably do belong to the townsfolk... I want one of the Fel Horses though.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • kaine17
    kaine17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    unorded wrote: »
    sow if i read it good i can tame a pet like rabbit or im lvl 3 or higher just to clik on the green smiley icon right?
    sow im lvl 3 and i attack an rabbit or ram and clik the green smiley at the right of the HP poits than im taming that mob?

um... no.
    for one, the rabbits and rams don't have a green smiley. They don't have a smiley at all. Also, you need the skill tame pet which you get at lvl 7 to actually tame something. You click on the icon for that skill.
  • geisterkatze
    geisterkatze Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So in order to tame a beast you look for the green or yellow smiley. Then you fight it until it is almost dead or at least has half its hp, right? But how do you stop the fight at the right moment? How do you stop your pet from attacking the beast you want to tame?
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    unorded wrote: »

No, rabbits, rams, horses... from cities are untamed

Faces means how much effort u need for tame a mob:
    Red face: u cant tame mosb low lv
    Yellow face: U can tame it (let the mobs with a few hp)
    Green face: u can tame it easy

U will learn *tame skill* at lv7 after a quest then if u want tame a mob u will do the same like if u will kill it but before kill it use *tame skill* and get the egg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Actually, the mobs that you fight which can be tamed are really not infected by the wraith. That's right, they're just ordinary animals that live peacefully.

Yea, I'm sure they are...

*Take a look at the Acephalid Death Knight* b:surrender

Don't worry too much about this "not tainted by wraith" thing. It's only part of that attempt at building a consistent storyline in the game that mostly fail anyway.

Like others said, look for that little green icon beside a monster's name, It will tell you what you can tame or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So in order to tame a beast you look for the green or yellow smiley. Then you fight it until it is almost dead or at least has half its hp, right? But how do you stop the fight at the right moment? How do you stop your pet from attacking the beast you want to tame?

I. Just to be precise, there are three pet-related skills with an icon depicting an animal, one has a red cross on it, this is the Heal Pet skill. One has a green arrow pointing down, this is the Revive Pet skill and you use it when you've forgotten to use Heal Pet often enough. The third one is kinda blue colored and whithout marks, this is the Tame Pet skill.

II. Creatures that have a pac-man like symbol on the left of their health bar can be tamed only when this symbol is yellow or green colored. To make taming easier you have to reduce the creature's health, so you fight it. When it's health is halved you can activate the the Tame Pet skill, this will automatically stop your character from fighting. To stop your pet from fighting, click it's 'Follow' command button - the one with the paw - and repeat this should it start fighting again.
  • chelseacraft
    edited July 2009
    Actually, the mobs that you fight which can be tamed are really not infected by the wraith. That's right, they're just ordinary animals that live peacefully. They feed, they sleep, they raise their young... Look at them as you fly above. They're not bothering anyone. Then you come along and slaughter them for "experience". Even worse, you enslave them to do your bidding, forcing them to kill their own kin. Just think, you forced the wolf you enslaved to kill another wolf. What if that other wolf was your own wolf's mother?

You murderer.

b:laughb:thanks

Now THAT makes sense to me. b:laugh

Although the wolf had it coming... it jumped me. b:shocked
  • chelseacraft
    edited July 2009
    I appreciate everyone explaining the inconsistency in the story to me. That makes more sense.

To everyone who didn't "get it" when you start the game you are told that ALL the mobs in game have been infected by wraiths not just some of them.

And if you look around there are non-wraith animals not just in towns but everywhere... birds around heaven's tear & in canyons & such, horses in wilderness, rams, rabbits... they aren't townfolk livestock.

BUT... all I needed to know was that it's an inconsistency in the story line & that there is no normal animals that can be tamed.

RPG's are STORY BASED. Inconsistency confuses those of us who actually are paying attention to the story.

Thanks again to those of you who explained the story line in relation to taming pets. That was the help I needed. b:victory
  • jordan33
    jordan33 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    dose Any One Know Where U Can Tame Baby Pets
  • GBeasting - Dreamweaver
    GBeasting - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I AM LVL 20b:beg
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You can not tame baby pets, it's a lengthy and expensive process which involves taming several rare pets. Talk to Mrs. Zoologist in Archosaur for the details.