A way for developers to remove lag from Archo

Options
batjack
batjack Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Suggestion Box
Everytime I go into Archo, its almost impossible now to get around the city. The problem: To many things going on. Ie.. Catshops, Pets, Fairies, Rides. There are two simple solutions that are proven to work. These have been tried in other games such as Everquest, Fairyland, and many others.

Solution 1. The game develops a Market Zone. In this place, Catshops are kept. This would remove all catshops in everytown and city, increase competion, and lower prices, and most of all. Lower lag in the cities, especially Archo. People wishing to use this area would enter from a NPC or special entrance in each town. Keeping graphics in this area, and people reducing there graphic settings could get around easily. This could be limited to just the Archo city or made accessible in all cities.

Solution 2. People entering the city of Archo would be required to run around. No Pets, rides, fairies can be used in the city of archo. Other cities could be done also.. but at this time do not need to be since they do not have the lag problems that Archo has.

I think these two solutions are very workable, and most of all.. would solve the lag problems of Archo.
Post edited by batjack on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If the original developers haven't done it, then we won't be doing it. Next.

Oh...and this wouldn't happen to be one of "batgirl's" alts, would it...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • batjack
    batjack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    no idea who batgirl is.. this is my main.

Also.. your probably right, but this game does have many things going on that the malaysian servers do not have. The last time I check.. (when fairies came out) there were not fairies for everyone on the malaysian servers.

so these developers can make there own changes if they want to. They just have to want to.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    please try to post suggestions in the correct section, I would really appreciate it. If you look there, you'll also see that similar suggestions have already been made that you could add your idea to as opposed to creating a new topic. thanks b:victory
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Solution #1 No need to move marketlpace to another location. If they moved it first West Arch would lose its appeal and I happen to love having that marketplace right there so quickly once I arrive. Don't be lazy and just hit the little button on the top left of your screen which lowers graphics while you are there.

Solution #2 God help us if they make us walk around Arch. The place is bloody large and am so happy to have my Sprint Panther to get around and sword for making real shortcuts above wall level.

All in all you have your opinions which surprise surprise are just like the last 1000 made.

Why fix something that is not broken.

Secondly this should be in the Suggestion Section.

b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Grenadier_LT - Harshlands
    Grenadier_LT - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    batjack wrote: »
    Solution 1. The game develops a Market Zone. In this place, Catshops are kept. This would remove all catshops in everytown and city, increase competion, and lower prices, and most of all. Lower lag in the cities, especially Archo. People wishing to use this area would enter from a NPC or special entrance in each town. Keeping graphics in this area, and people reducing there graphic settings could get around easily. This could be limited to just the Archo city or made accessible in all cities.
    Don't think it's good for this game, so say - no.
    batjack wrote: »
    Solution 2. People entering the city of Archo would be required to run around. No Pets, rides, fairies can be used in the city of archo. Other cities could be done also.. but at this time do not need to be since they do not have the lag problems that Archo has.
    This idea is really good, runing around streets u can notice, how annonying "big" flying mounts are there. But i would reform your suggestion to:
    * when u enter city - u start landing, if u are on flying mount;
    * in the city territory - can't use flying mounts, but u can use ground mounts;
    This would greatly increase people to buy ground mounts:)
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If the original developers haven't done it, then we won't be doing it. Next.

Oh...and this wouldn't happen to be one of "batgirl's" alts, would it...?

This is not true. Catshop/embrace/duel restrictions are in game, and can be implemented at will manually without client-side changes. This was done in european beta to a limited extent. Please do not assume your guess to be fact. If unsure, don't say anything.
  • Lobotomy - Dreamweaver
    Lobotomy - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Archosaur is the largest city in PWI's mainland, no doubt. I'm pretty sure it was always meant to have what you want abolished.
    Owner of Sonic the Plumber.
  • lazerray3
    lazerray3 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    One way to lower lag is to disable use of mounts inside the cities, plus as an added benefit it will force players on even ground during the Celestial Tiger Event when collecting the Tiger Herbs.

The lag in Arch is so bad I have use Performance mode while in there yet every where else its fine, I blame the damn mounts, plus most of them are huge and block NPCs.

As for the Tiger Event thing, I was beaten two weeks in a row due to mount cheaters, I'm stuck as a true Free-to-Play and the mounts ruin that event for me since I can't afford one.

When it comes to flyers, you should just be forced to land when interacting with NPCs, since flyers are still needed to reach certain areas of the cities or to auto-path over walls, they can still be allowed, but just limited.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lazerray3 wrote: »
    One way to lower lag is to disable use of mounts inside the cities, plus as an added benefit it will force players on even ground during the Celestial Tiger Event when collecting the Tiger Herbs.

The lag in Arch is so bad I have use Performance mode while in there yet every where else its fine, I blame the damn mounts, plus most of them are huge and block NPCs.

As for the Tiger Event thing, I was beaten two weeks in a row due to mount cheaters, I'm stuck as a true Free-to-Play and the mounts ruin that event for me since I can't afford one.

When it comes to flyers, you should just be forced to land when interacting with NPCs, since flyers are still needed to reach certain areas of the cities or to auto-path over walls, they can still be allowed, but just limited.

Nice necro
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lazerray3 wrote: »

Nice necro. Anyway, the problem isn't the mounts, it's your computer. Get a better computer or stop QQing. Damn, even a 2006 computer runs fine in West Archo with normal performance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Barson - Raging Tide
    Barson - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    um best performance ftw b:surrender
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options