My new opinion on Archers

_BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
_BLANKA_ - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Archer
I dueled with Headshot_XD and he managed to beat me. But that's only because he kept on running away from me and my attacks kept on missing.

So yes archers do have good damage and good crits. But they are only good when you know how to use them.

Barbs are still better in every way. b:angry
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Post edited by _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
    Headshot_XD - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Except for spike damage b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There can be only one Lord of the Elves
    And he does NOT SHARE POWER!!!!
  • DSB_SPARTAN - Sanctuary
    DSB_SPARTAN - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I witnessed the deul and I have to say it quite hillarious.

it went something like this for HS: kite, thundershock,kite,kite,normal,thundershock,kite repeat, barb dead.
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    But that's only because he kept on running away from me and my attacks kept on missing.

That's like saying: "I could have beat that Wizard if he didn't use any of those pesky magical attacks on me!" b:chuckle

And what about those Clerics, eh?! Having the AUDACITY to heal themselves during a fight! The shame!

Sounds like this Archer played to his strengths: distance and evasion. Expect nothing less when dueling this profession.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • New_Soul - Sanctuary
    New_Soul - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Gratz to this archer! For an archer to win a duel against any melee class is an amazing feat. Honestly duels weren't made for us archers, its not easy for us to win them. PVP, however we were made for and we do it well.. very very well.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I dueled with Headshot_XD and he managed to beat me. But that's only because he kept on running away from me and my attacks kept on missing.

So yes archers do have good damage and good crits. But they are only good when you know how to use them.

This is a ridiculous post o.O

What class doesn't fall under the "only good when u know how to use them" rule?
    I've seen some lame barbs, who couldn't tank a beetle, let alone any kind of boss.

What a shocker that another class does something better than yours.

This archer (congrats, btw) obviously has the skill to play his class well.
    Being a successful archer means actually having skill and ability - not mindless pounding :P
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    We all know that Headshot got lucky, I wasn't even concentrating properly. He got about 4 lucky crits in a row that's what did most of the damage. HE GOT LUCKY!!!!!!!!!
    edited July 2009
    We all know that Headshot got lucky, I wasn't even concentrating properly. He got about 4 lucky crits in a row that's what did most of the damage. HE GOT LUCKY!!!!!!!!!

Excuses, excuses b:laugh

So he got some crits in on you.....so what? No need to throw a pity-party over it. Lest you forget, critical damage is how Archers progress through this game. Getting lucky is what they're about; no need to get sour grapes over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Excuses, excuses b:laugh

So he got some crits in on you.....so what? No need to throw a pity-party over it. Lest you forget, critical damage is how Archers progress through this game. Getting lucky is what they're about; no need to get sour grapes over it.

did you even switch from Humanoid to Tiger and try that? Many duels i have won on my Barb have been when they are trying to kite i switch run to them, alacrity (dont kno if that actually works i do it regardless) then go human again and attack more. Repeat till dead. Also in Tiger form you will have more def if they are trying to kite, sounds like your just new to the duels
    edited July 2009
    Sheesh Blanka you're a sore loser. You can have a rematch if you want :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    did you even switch from Humanoid to Tiger and try that?

I did switch I know how to duel, coward kiters. Headshot just magically happened to get all his crits on metal damage attacks. Nice sig btw headshot b:angry
    edited July 2009
    coward kiters.

I LOL'd.

*Wipes a tear* Can we close the thread now, while it's at the top of its game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Gratz to this archer! For an archer to win a duel against any melee class is an amazing feat. Honestly duels weren't made for us archers, its not easy for us to win them. PVP, however we were made for and we do it well.. very very well.

Not an amazing feat at all. All archers need to do in duels is to get some distance and they pretty much always win. No charms so melee classes cant soak up the damage as well.
    edited July 2009
    Actually, it's humourous to watch him try to justify his loss.
    He had crits! Boohoo! Imagine that with a dex build class!

He out-distanced me! Waawaa-sob-waawaa! I can't believe a 'shooter' class would do that.

Keep it coming, its all very entertaining to see just how much a loss bothers you. I'm also very curious to see what lengths you will go to avoid ever admitting you were wrong.
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Headshot is a pure dex archer or as I like to call it pure fail.
    b:angry
    edited July 2009
    Blanka you lost accept it. And I thought you said you managed to defeat a 5x archer before how come you lost to me :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Yes, you are correct. It is an extreme fail to crit often.

If Headshot is a fail build and still defeated you, then..............hmmmm.....
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes, you are correct. It is an extreme fail to crit often.

If Headshot is a fail build and still defeated you, then..............hmmmm.....

ROFLFMAO

blanka stfu archers crit, that's what we do

instead of complaining about an archer 4 lvls below you beating you, why don't you go uninstall the game because nobody wants a sore loser who calls some1 who obviously knows how to play his class a fail
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    any barb cant be taken down from duel/pvp from archers

it just get hard(not impossible) when they break the 10k hp mark
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Blanka, don't make Uberfail threads like this. You're just giving us barbs a bad name b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prediction - Lost City
    edited July 2009

your sig should be "BLANKA: The Untamed FAIL! ...Who Calls People Fails When They Beat His ****"

• FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Blanka, don't make Uberfail threads like this. You're just giving us barbs a bad name b:sweat

(Seriously) b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Dam Blanka I protected you in your last thread and just 'cos I beat you your calling me a fail :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    That was then this is now, your a n00by archer who got lucky crits.

You cheated all you did was run away.
  • Daishar - Dreamweaver
    Daishar - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Damn, he ran, he`s obviosly n00b who is just too coward to fight like a man and stay in his place! Archers got metal skills, wingspan and the skill before that(can`t remember, never used) which do full dmg being close to target so archers can and was ment to stay in one place as we got insane evasion too! And yeah, he got lucky, like any class was ment to crit a lot, that`s just unfair!

Ps. _BLANKA_ you are my idol, when I grow up, I want to be just like you!
  • Haven_Brute - Heavens Tear
    Haven_Brute - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Blanka really? i play both archer and barb. Archer wins by getting distance because thats when its normal attacks arent halved. Headshot knows how to play his class and won. He cheated by running? that makes no sense. it's sad that in order for you to win he would have to be up close where his attacks are halved
  • Prediction - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Blanka really? i play both archer and barb. Archer wins by getting distance because thats when its normal attacks arent halved. Headshot knows how to play his class and won. He cheated by running? that makes no sense. it's sad that in order for you to win he would have to be up close where his attacks are halved

blanka's just a dumbass

hey blanka fight me, i've been playing archers for over 7 months i know how they work

what? are you gonna say i cheated because i used winged shell or because i sparked?
  • Haven_Brute - Heavens Tear
    Haven_Brute - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    blanka's just a dumbass

hey blanka fight me, i've been playing archers for over 7 months i know how they work

what? are you gonna say i cheated because i used winged shell or because i sparked?

in blanka's world archers have to use metal against robed and close range normal against melee
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I wonder though... If archer runs... Then why you just dont use tiger form...
    I kill things b:victory
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    \

plz learn to post hyperlinks correctly next time......

no one said archer was cool, we just said they dont fail like u do. as to that thread that ur meant to link to, there are always people who just doesnt play a class as well as others. of course it could also be because the enemy has +5-8 across all his equipment vs a non refined archer. if everyone is good at archer there wouldnt be any question regarding what to do about archer.

as to archer vs barb duel doesnt mean much since charms dont work. if we are talking about real PvP archer will kite whenever needed it stalls for time for charm to finish cd. besides any good barb on lvl with the enemy should NOT be killed 1v1 in real PvP.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.