FB Mold Drop Rule?

Options

Comments

• Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I like doing FBs for the sake of helping the tabber, friend or random person. So to me, that includes letting them keep the good loot.

Didn't realize that was such a shocking concept.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    A good thing irony isn't lethal.

QFT

10characters
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I like doing FBs for the sake of helping the tabber, friend or random person. So to me, that includes letting them keep the good loot.

Didn't realize that was such a shocking concept.

The point isn't that allowing the tabber to have the good drops is a bad thing, the point is that it's come to the point where tabbers think that they are automatically entitled to the drops, even when they haven't clarified any drop rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The point isn't that allowing the tabber to have the good drops is a bad thing, the point is that it's come to the point where tabbers think that they are automatically entitled to the drops, even when they haven't clarified any drop rules.

Actually, what we do is....Up to fb59 everything goes to tabber. 69+ people call molds, like "I call Calamity" and another says "I call cape" and other says "I call aqua helm" etc etc, tabber gets call first though.
  • Saunkari - Sanctuary
    Saunkari - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I took up an offer to run through with some higher lvl folks that were asking, I was the tabber (I know know what that means now).
    I thanked all of them for getting me through it and have no idea if there were any drops of any kind besides the coins that I was grabbing up..they were one shotting the stuff so its all I could do to pick it up and try to keep up with him/them.
    Do people really find this fun? I mean..I do appreciate the help with it, but there is no challenge at all involved with having high level folks do the stuff for you so why should we feel entitled to something that required no effort on our part?
    I am just grateful that I got that quest out of the way so I can move on to better things.
    I think that drops should be free for all and if its something someone can use then give it to them.
    You high level people helped me out and that alone is payment enough. If you think something that dropped is something I could use I will not argue.
  • Jadye - Dreamweaver
    Jadye - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    When did this "all molds go to the tab holder" come about? What greedy low lvl please hand everything to me person decided to start this? Do you all think its a privelage for the higher lvls to do your FBs? 100-180k xp and 30-40 rep? We can grind that in 20 minutes. People need to take a step back and understand that the favor is held more on the tabbers side. We insure success, speedy finish and minimal casulaties (some tabbers get to excited and get killed from time to time). And yet you tabbers want it all. *shakes my head*. The tabbers are not the only ones to blame. Higher lvls should not accept such ludicrous conditions. Back in the day, it was hard to even get people to do FBs cause they were so time consuming and risky.

Here's a great idea.
    No more high levels help with FBs. Let the 29 people do their own fb29, the 51 people do their own FB51. See how you like it then. b:bye

-rant finished-

LOL!!! Np, to be honest i have solo'd all my fb's so far im currently lvl 50 an waitin to try fb51 around lvl 55-56 with my herc, i solo'd all my cult bosses an any other boss i needed never askin for help, SO i have completed all my fb's solo and i really like itb:victory and i can show proof for it allb:bye
  • Lunati - Sanctuary
    Lunati - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

I understand what Holy is saying, but it still comes across as really, really selfish. I've been helping with fb's ever since I hit 65, and I never have a problem handing over molds/3* items. Without the tabber there would be no fb, hence no exp, no rep, no killing boredom. I remember what it was like when I was low level (and contrary to what someone will want to say, I've been playing PWI nearly since it came out. I ran my fb 19, 29, and 39 with people of the same level, and it was difficult.) and I know that if someone had been kind enough to let me have the drops like that, it would've made my day.

And on my own fbs, ALL I ask for is the molds and 3*. Anything else that drops, I don't care who gets it, you're welcome to it. But looking at higher levels who likely have nearly all legendary/TTgold armor and/or super-refined weapons or other holy-****-that-is-nice things, then hearing them whine because they're being asked to give something away to a lower level? ...Really? You can't spare a few items, or are you not well-off enough yet? :/

Lower levels can't farm the fb's like high levels can. A mold that they've been dying to have might drop in their fb and if you get it, you'd really just take it from them? Or a really nice three star that would probably be fairly expensive to buy and/or hard to manufacture themselves?

Just wow.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    LOL!!! Np, to be honest i have solo'd all my fb's so far im currently lvl 50 an waitin to try fb51 around lvl 55-56 with my herc, i solo'd all my cult bosses an any other boss i needed never askin for help, SO i have completed all my fb's solo and i really like itb:victory and i can show proof for it allb:bye
    Im sure 80% of the pple would solo it if they had their own barb NPC to protect and fight for them (herc) and a healing spell to go with it >_>;;;

As for the topic.
    Mold and 3 star should I think go to tabber unless its a FB89 or FB99, only cause these are charm eaters even when wined.
    Anything lower, if you cant handle it and expect compensation, DONT GO. Simple pie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You give the mold to a tabber right.. so when you have your own fb you get the mold that time. The way this works, is everyone gets a dam mold or 3*** and no one is pissy about it.

If we left it all up to chance, someone could get to max lvl and never get a mold or 3*** from a fb in their entire life. That would suck... so... pay it forward and karma might come back your way.
    Yup, pretty much what I was going to say.

And Holy, it's not THAT hard in the beginning. I started over on the first day of Dreamweaver. Sure, FBs took longer on a new server, but with correct pulling, they were done. Just because it was hard for us, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't make it easier for the other players. And most tabbers are thankful. If they tabber's **** about it, **** them and leave squad and let them have fun with the rest of bosses (Since most tabbers for 19 and 29 don't even know that the boss drops). Like Doll said, this way, everyone will have a nice chance of getting a mold and some 3*s through out the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited June 2009
    Options
    My favorite fb was 69 with the static group I was in. 2 Clerics, 2 archers, 1 BM, 1 barb. No veno for luring, and we did the 20s quest going through it twice with no wine. That was a great time, think we had no deaths either. I miss playing with a good group b:cry

How the hell did you do 20s with no veno? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    How the hell did you do 20s with no veno? O.o

Obvious answer beside, we just used multiple tanks usually. Archers would pull, when we get two the BM and barb would both tank, more and the archers would tank/kite. Multi-aggro had 1 cleric toss up bubble, other one do target heals/DD. Large groups were more fun, dual tempest/dual barrage. They died quickly, especially as I kept Tempest maxed for my lvl.

And adds on first boss handled same way. Toss up bubble, 2nd heal barb. Barb grabs boss aggro, everyone else takes an add. Healers could grab one each, one through healing an archer under attack to grab a non-hit add, and the other get through bubble aggro. Mass chaos for a while, then the adds start dieing and it goes as normal.

As I said, it was much more fun then. I'd hate so see what would happen with current player skill trying to do an FB where people are required to use common sense to pass it. b:shocked
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    god dam it yeah !! i forgot high lvl can go and farm fb's for molds.... Lets see i can farm fb19,29,39. wat do they drop ??? SHT !!! something i cud use wud only drop from 69+ and being a wizard ?? possible ?? Hell no lol !! the point here is the low levels fckng taking for granted that they doing us a stupid favour lol as i told u fb19 doesnt even tick my xp bar and now for god dam it let it be i guess this bot going to stop with me Byno and holy saying any sht..... well wat ever all u low level noobs can go and do ur fb and have fun. But yeah i wouldn't expect any of u Higher lvls to answer this question for me but wud preffer one of those Smart **** low levels ..

Wat does a 3* item give u why do u all want it ?? WTH is so special bout it ?? i cud show u certain Gear 1*2* which have far better stats but then why the hell do u facking whine for 3*!! do answer me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    god dam it yeah !! i forgot high lvl can go and farm fb's for molds.... Lets see i can farm fb19,29,39. wat do they drop ??? SHT !!! something i cud use wud only drop from 69+ and being a wizard ?? possible ?? Hell no lol !! the point here is the low levels fckng taking for granted that they doing us a stupid favour lol as i told u fb19 doesnt even tick my xp bar and now for god dam it let it be i guess this bot going to stop with me Byno and holy saying any sht..... well wat ever all u low level noobs can go and do ur fb and have fun. But yeah i wouldn't expect any of u Higher lvls to answer this question for me but wud preffer one of those Smart **** low levels ..

Wat does a 3* item give u why do u all want it ?? WTH is so special bout it ?? i cud show u certain Gear 1*2* which have far better stats but then why the hell do u facking whine for 3*!! do answer me

Shut the fvck up if you can't write in a way that is comprehensible, grammatically correct (at least mostly), and readable. I have no issues with your content, but your post is making my eyes bleed. Run along now.

That being said, onto the actual topic.

Personally, whenever I do my fbs with a squad, it's almost always Need b4 Greed unless the squad tells me I can take all the drops. I mean, it's nice to have the squad give me some of the good gear and stuff, but hell, that ain't crucial. I haven't used any 3***s or molded weapons except for the level 30 rank stuff, and I'm surviving just fine.

I just think it's a rather nice touch for those who run fbs for lower levels to give them the molds and stuff, kind of like a "thank you" or summat like that. After all, no matter how little, you ARE getting exp and spirit and quite a bit of rep, which is always welcome. Those who are using the "I'm not getting much exp anyway from fbs" argument to justify them taking the molds and 3***s come across as selfish idiots.

If higher levels who run fbs want molds and stuff, do a bloody solo run or a fun run. You're not being FORCED to help with lowbies' fbs, and the fact that you help anyway is a sign that a large portion of the rationale for it is not for profit, but for a fun break from farming and a chance to help others.

Also, as somebody earlier in this thread stated, would it really kill you to HELP somebody in a while without profit? It's like you were a firefighter going to save somebody from a burning building, and you refused to help them out unless they gave you all their important items or summat.

My 2 cents.
    ~Zel
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wow Herne, take your meds and lie down. No one ever said 'solo', they said 'farm' which isn't hard unless your an anti-social, greed fueled prick who cries at the prospect of handing over a mold that wouldn't be the slightest bit beneficial for a lv.89. You don't like the Exp, you don't like the Rep good for you. Just make your intentions perfectly clear before you rip off some noob because the mold was sent randomly to your inventory.

I give 3*'s to tabbers because they can be decomposed into mirages which are a valuable source of income. Your basically below scum if you offer to help someone then turn tail and run once an item you wanted to drop in your fb appears.

Also:

'Dam' has an n on the end
    'wat' has an h in it
    Random ! ? LOL makes you look ****
    One f in 'preffer'

edited June 2009
    Options
    dude watcha doing in PWI go be a school teacher!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

• Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You're dodging the issue, dumbass. Troll moar.

Also, kinda offtopic, but whenever I try to decompose it always says insufficient durability. How do I decompose? >.>

~Zel
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wow Herne, take your meds and lie down. No one ever said 'solo', they said 'farm' which isn't hard unless your an anti-social, greed fueled prick who cries at the prospect of handing over a mold that wouldn't be the slightest bit beneficial for a lv.89. You don't like the Exp, you don't like the Rep good for you. Just make your intentions perfectly clear before you rip off some noob because the mold was sent randomly to your inventory.

I give 3*'s to tabbers because they can be decomposed into mirages which are a valuable source of income. Your basically below scum if you offer to help someone then turn tail and run once an item you wanted to drop in your fb appears.

Also:

'Dam' has an n on the end
    'wat' has an h in it
    Random ! ? LOL makes you look ****
    One f in 'preffer'

eye spie ae graemear natzie O.o
  • Lunati - Sanctuary
    Lunati - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You're dodging the issue, dumbass. Troll moar.

Also, kinda offtopic, but whenever I try to decompose it always says insufficient durability. How do I decompose? >.>

~Zel

You have to repair the object first to fill its endurance - THEN you can decomp it into shiny mirages. :3

Also, concerning the posts saying that tabbers tend to whine/*****/freak out about molds? I have a theory.

High levels sell molds in AH for high prices that low levels can't afford ---> low levels covet the gear -- low level gets an fb where this particular mold drops ---> high levels are invited to fb ---> the prized mold drops ---> Several high levels don't believe in giving tabber the molds/3*s (as proven by this thread) ---> tabber gets nervous/scared, over-reacts, bugs/b*tches about having the mold --> high level gets annoyed (really, it's not like you were never a window-shopping noob once.) ---> High level does 1) gives the tabber the mold and rides out the rest of the fb, 2) attempts to explain that the tabber never called the molds, or 3) Insults the tabber for over-reacting, and/or leaves with the mold. And I've seen that last one happen ---> Tabber thinks high levels are greedy, and high level starts seeing tabbers as whiny b*tches.

Nobody wins.
    Everyone is at fault here. High levels, sometimes you need to explain/ask about the drop-call in the first place. Some people don't -know- about calling, because they're used to "tabbers get molds". Some people -can't- call because they don't know who drops what in the fb.

And that doesn't make the tabbers stupid (although admittedly, some are). Trying to pull a rule on someone ("Call drops beforehand!") when they didn't even know about it is pretty cold.

Also...what's this about people not knowing how to play their classes anymore? Just because you get higher level help on an fb or a boss does NOT mean that someone doesn't know how to play their class, nor does it mean they won't learn properly. When I ask for help, I watch how the higher venos work. I learn. I improve. There are plenty of people in the "second generation" and following "generations" that can play their classes.

Don't act so conceited, please. It's not like all you first gens are so wonderful and perfect and ungodly epic at your classes. I'm pretty sure you've got a few nubs running around too.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    omg cant you guys jsut adopt a simple rule

CALL DROPS B4 HAND

i always go with this

mold/items (1-3*good stuff even if its) that the tabber can use goes to tabber
    everything else goes to whoever gets it

i say this b4 every fb and theres still quite a few noobs who **** at me. yesterday a archer was b1tching about not getting the mirage sword in a fb19 (i got it) and we told them that they agreed 2 it b4 it and they still continued to ****, n there was another time when i was lv 60s some cleric (dark pink) stole a mold that the tabber could use and left the squad and was leaving rude comments, as before we agreed to it before the fb, me and the barb killed the cleric who dropped about 7 stuffs including the molds (there were 2) and gave 1 mold to tabber and the rest we kept lol
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i used do mine FB this way...

mold goes to the person who can use it and pays me half the cost of the mold so if its 4m worth stuff pay me 2m. and yeah if there is something which me and the cleric can use then sorry to say if i want to use it its mine and not ther cleric's does this sound to be a bad Deal ???? more over low level stuff we cant use much. but yeah why the hell do ihave to give away everything ?? like suppose the DQ items ?? doesnt make sense to me. more over the calls for fb are made like 3*/ Molds form Boss drops not from regular. So if there is a drops from the rhino before going to Polearm in FB69 why do i need to give it to the taber if i get it on random ?? make sense ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2009
    Options
    The way I run things is, 3* to tabber, molds to tabber. This is for when I'm helping with FB's. DQ's, mats that drop, gear that drops(unless tabber can use it and it has nice stats, arcane robes with more than 1 PDef add etc. Then they can decide whether they want it.) goes to whoever randomly gets it to help cover the repairs the helpers will get, I've only ever had to explain this once to a tabber.

If I'm tabber, molds I can use(Arcane molds, magic weapons, Pdef ornaments, M. Rings) are what I'd like. This is within reason, if a mold is worth over 5mil on the market then I'd be happy with whoever gets it randomly provided they have a use for it(If you own a Tauren Cape, it would be pure greed to try and take one that drops in an fb) can keep it.

@AndromedaB, why does a leg wizard over lv.80 want a mirage sword? thats being kind of an **** to the tabber.

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i do believe that there are quite a few small andromedas running around...could've been one of those that ran the fb? *smacks a little andro*
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Also...what's this about people not knowing how to play their classes anymore? Just because you get higher level help on an fb or a boss does NOT mean that someone doesn't know how to play their class, nor does it mean they won't learn properly.

Yeah complete BS. I pull perfectly with my Roar of the Pride, and I've always tried my best to heal the tank with Sutra while staying out of AoE, although it gets cast on myself once in a while. O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Anubisdrak - Sanctuary
    Anubisdrak - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    As someone that gets help from other people with my fbs, when something drops such as a mold or something AA with -channeling on it, I would ask for them, before and after :P But if anything else drops 3 starred or not I could care less, if it had +20 crit/ +100 to gold acquiring/+50 attack, I'd tell those that helped me to take it, although those that do my fbs now are relatively nice and give me all the drops regardless of wether I want them or not.

As for when I help out others with their fbs if a 3starred item or a mold dropped and i just happend to get it from the random pick up method, and the tabber complains and whines about it id give it to someone else and leave :P

For the record, everyone here absolutely knows you wouldnt be going into an fb with a squad that has a tabber just to get good drops, unless your doing a dry run with friends and are willing to split the mold/3starred. You know theres no other reason you'd be in thereb:pleased

At least thats how I see it
    Wiz: Joins squad
    Wiz: Wiz is silent... <--code of honor kill quick and leave without saying a word.
    Wiz: Stays in back incase they pull aggro (better for mob to run towards you then to be next to you, gives squad time to pull aggro from you)
    Wiz: Wiz happens to pull aggro
    Wiz: Wiz stands ground
    Wiz: Wiz kills mob/ or is killed by mob
    Wiz: Honorable death is seen by squad

<likes that xD, im either the quiet one or the active avid talker ;D
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sadly, I partially gave up on doing runs outside my faction, just cause of the sheer amount of low level, paranoid jerks. I'll help if I'm asked nicely, or in a patient mood. But seriously, I've gotten yelled at by tabbers because I got to the boss's coin drop before he/she did, on random distribution. -_- I draw lines when it gets that bad.

I like how we do things in my faction - drops go to who they fall to, tabber gets what they can use (I'm sorry, I don't hand a WoF mold to a barb), and everything else is politely discussed if someone wants something. Very civil and fair, in my opinion.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    wow, i haveno such issues watsoever
    because when i'm the tabber molds NEVER drop, i asked for the 3* if they are willing to give so i can salvage a couple of mirages, if giving me the drops make them feel like giving their children away then fine, its just a game

btw, i have found in the Taiwanese version of PW (yes i'm taiwanese) the fb mold drop rule is rather different:
    -depends on wat the mold makes, and go to the classes in need (eg, a misty ring will go to a bm/barb, which one of them gets it, they can sorted out)
    -if everyone/no one in the fb squad can use the mold then:
    -someone can buy the mold out
    -they go into the guild bank

this is what i've found from their forums, to a point i agree.
    another thing important is the attitude of the tabber and the helpers, if anyone gets too commanding and tell people to do this and do that and expect others to follow exactly, that person will tend to get sht

side note: wow, u ppl must have met the worst tabbers, i remember once doing an fb19 and the tabber actually insisted that i take something for helping him, i took a rez scroll xD
  • Tabit - Sanctuary
    Tabit - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ok, first off I woul like to say. Supply and Demand....

Instance one: Beginning of Server, everyone was at equal grounds and everyone had to find ways to level up on their own.

because of this the idea of Molds and 3* was EARNED by anyone in the group on the note it was hard to do the FB in first place. 3* and molds were probably more common due to everyone being within level range and knowing that that is a big factor in something dropping.
    Thus, no one would care about one mold going to someone in group other than tabber. Thus, more people would get molds then because of chances increasing and time in dungeon was a lot more time consuming and involved more team work effort.

Instance two: Middle of server, more Higher levels started helping lower levels.

because there were more high levels in squad, the chances of a mold dropping decreased. Thus, the rarity of the mold and 3* increased. I bet in Instance one everyone had Awesome drops from the boss much more often instead of a pile of gold coins. Because the rarity of the mold and 3* and higher levels helped the lower levels get up in level faster by helping with FB runs (this was done so that they could get to territory wars much sooner and try for their own territory.). Less team work involved, not as time consuming, also made FB runs seem easy. point and click. kill boss. Faster. MUCH faster.

Instance three: Now a days, A lot of High levels helping with FB runs, Molds and 3* are VERY rare. More people complaining about how hard it was for themselves in old days. Without thought of well, How easy is it for you right now to kill something in FB run in lower levels? Very easy, if you really want molds, then go into an FB run of your level with a group of people of your level that is willing to try it without the tab or with it, doesn't matter (just earn the mold the hard way instead of easy way in a lower level dungeon with someone elses tab. You want the mold so bad. go into dungeon without any tabs and kill the Boss a hundred time over. Simple solution, not really hard. you could get a group of 5 other people with equal level to boss and increase rare drop rates. Not much thought into it, seriously).
    First off, because it is not as time consuming and you are their, there is not much reason why any mold should be earned by you. Not unless some tabber decides to say "I don't care if mold drops to someone in squad at random. you can keep it then." But since there are multiple High levels, the need for a High level caring about drops of lower instances and case and point, the need for less work involved in getting the mold leads to tabber's asking for the molds/3* and the only commodity out of this is now XP and Rep for other people in squad. And usually that's fine for them.

Supply and Demand. That's all I have to say. you want a mold the easy way by going into lower level dungeon? Get a group of people with same level as boss and you being only high level, help kill the boss faster and do the runs multiple times until everyone got a mold drop. Wait, is that easy way? hmm... no. Yes, because there is less risk involved of anyone Dying multiple times, but it may take longer and not worth your time. Bottom line, as long as there are multiple High levels, your rules and conditions mean... much less than it did in "old days".

(I don't mean any offense to you high levels out there, your help is much appreciated.).
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you're missing the point. the point was that some tabbers have this damn horrible attitude. i doubt anything i get from fb19-59 i'll need or want, there's no such demand there. the problem is some tabbers get bossy and unappreciative and that's what pisses people off. it was never a matter of high levels wanting the molds, it's simply a matter of the tabbers thinking they deserve the molds because they have the tabs.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tabit - Sanctuary
    Tabit - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No, I didn't miss the point. I just told you the reason why they have that attitude. Or rather, it is situational dependent. Not all people on the server are rude about demands, it is a matter how much they trust the high levels with the instance.

I hope you do realize that because High levels started helping the lower levels in the first place is the reason they have the idea that they (the low levels) should get the mold and three star equipment. The attitude originated from not willing to go through the work of dying multiple times and see that teamwork is very important to the FB dungeons in the game. But its the help that the high levels give that made them less appreciative of it, because the high levels made getting through the dungeon ten or 100 times easier. Personally, I have never asked for 3* or demanded for the mold. Not unless I felt the high level deserved it or was being rude to me. I have not run into that situation much.

But I would like to point out that, you think that the high level deserves the mold just as much as the tabber does. The fact of the matter is, the higher level has two reasons of doing the FB. It is either for a friend or they wanted the experience and Rep. That has been the reason I went and did the FB. Grinding can be monotonous doing it over and and over again. So it is nice to have a little change in style. If there is third reason for doing FB is to get the mold, why not just do the FB without the tabber? I told you already that it is easy for high levels to kill a lower level boss now, because of the beating a high level can take and the dmg a high level can deal. So, there is less effort on the high levels part to do the boss, however, on the part of the tabber. The tabber knows he is giving the high level some XP a Rep, and at that level they don't know what it is like to be higher level. Thus, the attitude, you can easily get the money to buy the mold from me has arisen.

To be honest, I don't see why any high level would care for a low level mold. That is something I don't understand. I would rather work to get molds of my level than worry about molds or 3* 15-20 levels below me.
  • Kimicat - Sanctuary
    Kimicat - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think everyone is forgetting something here.... Not everyone who plays is an adult XD there are 12 yr olds who play this game too. When is the last time you heard a 12 yr old NOT gripe? I mean come on now XD
This discussion has been closed.