NOTICE: Paysafecard payment method & promotion

eatwithspoons
eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
event_details_banner_paysafecard.jpg
Perfect World International is proud to announce our newest payment method for our European players. You can finally pay with cash on the internet using your paysafecard! Also see below for information on our super awesome raffle event being held for this payment solution during the next two weeks.

What's more, it's quick, easy and safe. You don't need a credit card or a bank account to buy Zen anymore!

By choosing paysafecard you'll be getting the safest, simplest solution going: that's because paysafecard is a prepaid card that lets you pay on the internet.

How easy is it? It's as easy as 1-2-3!

1. Find your way to your nearest paysafecard retailer. There are over 230,000 outlets to buy one all over Europe.
2. Decide which value paysafecard you wish to buy.
3. Use your paysafecard to pay online. Each paysafecard has a 16-digit PIN code. Simply enter this code on the website where you wish to shop. And that
Post edited by eatwithspoons on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Here's some info that another user dug up, hoping it helps with any questions there may be:
    Is it possible to pay with paysafecard in currencies other than EUR (e.g. US dollars, GB pounds, etc.)?

Yes, of course it's also possible to use paysafecard to make payments in foreign currencies. Simply enter your paysafecard PIN in the payments window of the webshop, and the sum will be converted automatically. The currencies accepted by paysafecard and the current exchange rates are at your fingertips in the Currency converter.

How do I use a paysafecard to pay on the internet?

It's simple and convenient to use paysafecard to pay at any of the over 2,700 webshops of our partners; all you have to do is enter a 16-digit PIN code. You can combine up to ten paysafecards for a single payment, thus enabling you to pay sums up to a maximum of 1000 pounds. Paying online

What does "clearing" mean, and how long does it take for a sum to clear?

As soon as you click "Pay" in your webshop's paysafecard payment window, the corresponding sum of money will enter the clearing process from your paysafecard and will be set aside for transfer to the webshop. If there are exceptional circumstances (e.g. a technical problem) that make it impossible for the webshop to successfully carry out your transaction, then your account will be credited the sum in question Your account is credited automatically, normally within two hours of your transaction. The credited amount is then at your disposal again.

TIP: The precise length of time for a payment to be made can be seen under "Details" in the
    credit balance overview.

If, at the end of this time, you cannot see the cleared sum on your paysafecard, please send us an e-mail quoting your serial number and the user name you used when you first registered with the webshop.

Why has a sum been deducted from my paysafecard but not been credited to me in the webshop?

Errors like this only arise rarely; when they do, some kind of technical problem in the course of the transaction is generally the cause. If your payment has still not been credited to the webshop a short time later, please let us know as soon as you can.
    Simply e-mail us the following data relating to your paysafecard transaction (you can find this data under "Detail" in the credit balance overview).

* Serial number of your paysafecard
    * Email adress
    * Nickname

We will happily contact the webshop on your behalf and arrange a repeat transaction. Please also let us know your e-mail address and your user name in the context of the webshop concerned.

What is my credit balance?

You can check your credit balance at any time under "Query credit balance".

How long does my paysafecard remain valid?

Your paysafecard does not have a limited period of validity, and any credit you have built up will therefore not be lost.

Where can I buy my paysafecard?

You can buy a paysafecard in over 230,000 sales outlets all over Europe. To find your nearest stockist, take a look at Find stocklist.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    umm... new method?

every time I charged zen so far was via paysafecard >.>
    I'm from germany.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    umm... new method?

every time I charged zen so far was via paysafecard >.>
    I'm from germany.
    Then you're ahead of the game
    b:cool
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Does it work like a phone top up card?

EDITED: missed the Q&A post
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Then you're ahead of the game
    b:cool

XD probably^^

*gives cookie*
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PayPal FTW. b:cool

Eh.... the aspx plugin doesn't work.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Jishika - Sanctuary
    Jishika - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Finally! Thank you! ^___^
  • WindEssence - Lost City
    WindEssence - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi, I want to know someting about these cards, here is the thing, I buy a 10 EUR card (because they do not want to accept dollars), then I charge my account with 10$, wich leaves emmm let's say 3$ on my paysafe card, what should I do then? because would be annoying to save the cards with 3$ on it and then type all the 16 numbres of each card to make just 1 charge of 10$ or 20$.
    would be really nice if there is a system wich carge zen according to EUR :)

I hope you answer my question ><
  • WindEssence - Lost City
    WindEssence - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    charge* typo b:laugh
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Here is the full FAQ, sorry for the incomplete information uncle spoons b:sad
    1. How do I use a paysafecard to pay on the internet?

It's simple and convenient to use paysafecard to pay at any of the over 2,700 webshops of our partners; all you have to do is enter a 16-digit PIN code. You can combine up to ten paysafecards for a single payment, thus enabling you to pay sums up to a maximum of 1000 pounds. Paying online

2. What does "clearing" mean, and how long does it take for a sum to clear?

As soon as you click "Pay" in your webshop's paysafecard payment window, the corresponding sum of money will enter the clearing process from your paysafecard and will be set aside for transfer to the webshop. If there are exceptional circumstances (e.g. a technical problem) that make it impossible for the webshop to successfully carry out your transaction, then your account will be credited the sum in question Your account is credited automatically, normally within two hours of your transaction. The credited amount is then at your disposal again.

TIP: The precise length of time for a payment to be made can be seen under "Details" in the credit balance overview.

If, at the end of this time, you cannot see the cleared sum on your paysafecard, please send us an e-mail quoting your serial number and the user name you used when you first registered with the webshop.

3. Why has a sum been deducted from my paysafecard but not been credited to me in the webshop?

Errors like this only arise rarely; when they do, some kind of technical problem in the course of the transaction is generally the cause. If your payment has still not been credited to the webshop a short time later, please let us know as soon as you can.
    Simply e-mail us the following data relating to your paysafecard transaction (you can find this data under "Detail" in the credit balance overview).
    * Serial number of your paysafecard
    * E-mail Adress
    * Nickname

We will happily contact the webshop on your behalf and arrange a repeat transaction. Please also let us know your e-mail address and your user name in the context of the webshop concerned.

4. What is my credit balance?

You can check your credit balance at any time under "Query credit balance"

5. How long does my paysafecard remain valid?

Your paysafecard does not have a limited period of validity, and any credit you have built up will therefore not be lost.

6. Am I liable for any additional costs or charges if I use a paysafecard to buy things?

No, paysafecard does not charge any admin fees for the first three years. Only from the 4th year from the production date or from the 3rd year from the first time the card was used will administration costs of EUR 2.00 per month be charged.

7. What is paysafecard?

paysafecard is Europe's leading prepaid means of payment which allows you to pay quickly and simply on the internet with no need to provide a credit card number or any bank account details. You can find further details of our product under "What is paysafecard?". It's simple and convenient to use paysafecard to pay at any of the over 2,700 webshops of our partners; all you have to do is enter a 16-digit PIN code.

You can buy a paysafecard in over 230,000 sales outlets all over Europe. To find your nearest outlet, take a look at Find stocklist.

8. Which webshops accept payment from paysafecard?

paysafecard is an accepted mean of payment in more than 2,700 webshops. A full list of our partner webshops is shown below. If the webshop you wish to use is not included in the list, please do get in touch and let us know the webshop's name.
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    9. What can I do with a remaining credit balance on my paysafecard, and how can I pay a sum that is greater than the credit balance on my paysafecard?

You can combine up to ten paysafecards for a single payment, thus enabling you to pay sums up to a maximum of 750 pounds. In the payments window, simply click on "Enter additional PINs".

Tip: You can go to the Credit balance overview at any time to find out your current credit status.

10. Password protection

You can assign a password in order to protect your paysafecard from third parties. This can be done by clicking the menu item "Password protection" in Query credit balance.

Each password applies only to one paysafecard. In the event that you forget your password, there is a secret question feature to come to your help. Once a password has been activated, it can no longer be deleted.

11. Is it possible to pay with paysafecard in currencies other than EUR (e.g. US dollars, GB pounds, etc.)?

Yes, of course it's also possible to use paysafecard to make payments in foreign currencies. Simply enter your paysafecard PIN in the payments window of the webshop, and the sum will be converted automatically. The currencies accepted by paysafecard and the current exchange rates are at your fingertips in the Currency converter.

P.S. uncle spoons, does PWE inclue the option stated in #) ?
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    P.S. uncle spoons, does PWE inclue the option stated in #) ?

#)? whats that? number 0?
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    My apologies, should have been #9, but hold shift to long and it turned #) b:surrender

but to simplify, do we have the option to turn multiple PIN codes in order to get the needed amount for higher options (like paying 35 EUR (aka 4 PINS) for 50 gold) ?

P.S. Fix the "foreign character post breaking" bug <.<;
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    My apologies, should have been #9, but hold shift to long and it turned #) b:surrender

but to simplify, do we have the option to turn multiple PIN codes in order to get the needed amount for higher options (like paying 35

wouldn't that be #(? Anyways, I think what you're asking is something that you can do through paysafecard, since you'll never need or be able to drop 75 pounds at once in the game.

Anything up to the max card amount can be combined through their website, and since the max is 75 pounds you'll never need to enter multiple cards at once through our site.
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    wouldn't that be #(?

It's not the US layout that I use (adriatic keyboard ftw b:surrender)
    Anyways, I think what you're asking is something that you can do through paysafecard, since you'll never need or be able to drop 75 pounds at once in the game.

Anything up to the max card amount can be combined through their website, and since the max is 75 pounds you'll never need to enter multiple cards at once through our site.

Ah, excellent, so the #9 described a paysafecard account feature.

Though, I am trying to investigate this myself, but in my place there are no paysafecards available (not in the EU yet b:cry), but rather local substitutes that are "supposed to work with" paysafecard payment method (as they say they have an agreement with PSC themselves). My question is, would such "cards" work here, or should I try my luck with PSC directly uncle spoons?
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    It's not the US layout that I use (adriatic keyboard ftw b:surrender)

Ah, excellent, so the #9 described a paysafecard account feature.

Though, I am trying to investigate this myself, but in my place there are no paysafecards available (not in the EU yet b:cry), but rather local substitutes that are "supposed to work with" paysafecard payment method (as they say they have an agreement with PSC themselves). My question is, would such "cards" work here, or should I try my luck with PSC directly uncle spoons?
    Definitely ask psc about that, the only answer I could give you would be a guess. Maybe they'll be giving you a promo code to use on psc, which in turn you will use here? I have no real clue but if you find out can you please enlighten us?
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Will do uncle spoons. Will take a day or two though...
  • AssasinBlast - Heavens Tear
    AssasinBlast - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi, can u sell them in the Caribbean? Here r lots of players that need them
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Hi, can u sell them in the Caribbean? Here r lots of players that need them

Paysafecard is not directly affiliated with our company, this would be something that you would need to ask them about.
  • Brentena - Heavens Tear
    Brentena - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    'now available in your neigbourhood' is usually a lie
    but if I check which shops close to me sell them on that link, there seem to be 3 in 1 km radius 0.o
  • nit3mare
    nit3mare Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    About the paysafecard...it's not possible to buy it in Norway, i have to go either to Denmark or Sweden to buy it and i can't do this every time i need Zen, i can't use credit card either because i don't have one, so it would be nice to be able to buy it in Norway too. b:victory
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    10 mins walking to local gas station ftwb:victory

And my "f" button is having issues today b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uolopainen
    uolopainen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi =)

I just want to signal a little prob about paysafe...

I'm french and I searched where i can buy these cards.

I've found 3 stores near ov my home but no cards on these 3 stores...

Because of a long delivery time??

Thanks b:pleased:

Uolo.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    http://www.zrc-sazu.si/moa/images/Slovenija.jpg and in here :P if u have any info lol?

EDIT: nvm... interesting o.o theyre in Europark o.o im stil not buying them :P
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is great the only other place you need to think about is Canada and the rest of the International World.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • ClownHunter - Harshlands
    ClownHunter - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wow Canada is your neighbor and Europe is in the other side of the continent lame... it's been like a 6 months were w8ing for this damn prepaid cards -.- b:angry
  • param01
    param01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Its a lil late for this question but.... if u purchase gold with Paysafe u're automatically in the event to win a nine tail mount... but does it work like the events with the prepaid cards where every purchase is one entry? so if u purchase 5x20$ u have better chances to win than with purchasing 1x100$?

I know its kinda late for this question
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well I think al this stuff is great but...
    what about Aussies? I mean yea theres paypal I guess, but other than that I dont think theres really a way of charging ZEN...
    and dont say prepaid cards, cuz I live in WA not on the east coast :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So when will we know who won the ninetailed fox? ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reminissions - Sanctuary
    Reminissions - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2009