Is the HH60 bow useful?

Options
DarkSniper - Lost City
DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Archer
So yea as I get closer and closer to level 60 (I will be 57 today as soon as I finish crazy stone) I am wondering just how useful the HH60 crossbow is.

The attack on it looks good but it seems the only bonus it has on it is the Physical attack +72. I've seen a lot better bonuses and I wonder if it would be better for me just to find a bow with some better bonuses.

Although I'll probably end up sticking with the HH60 for the glow.
The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
Post edited by DarkSniper - Lost City on

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    you can...make TT70 with TT60 when the time comes...(or get unicorn, then make soulsmasher out of it)

if you find a better weapon, better use that weapon and just keep your TT60 for decomposing purposes.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It is useful.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Perhaps but the bonus just looks so weak. My level 55 crossbow has +7 dex and +5 vit. Thats almost half towards another 1% crit (it counts) and more damage. I want a HH60 wep but only having 72 phy attack.

The HH70 wep, Thundercrack though.......now THAT looks like a sick bow.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    base dmg of a 3* lvl 55 xbow=369-861
    +7 dex maybe add say...60 dmg to ur character page?
    +5 vit thats 65 hp i think?
    .35% of a crit

base dmg of tt60 xbow=459-1070
    bonus dmg added to tt60xbow=72
    combined dmg of a tt60xbow=531-1142

base dmg of a wpn is further modified by ur dex for increased dmg, on pure dex build adding +50 phys atk means like +100 on ur character page. (all guesstimated # feel free to find out urself the exact #)

from the comparison in dmg there i would take the tt60xbow over a 3* lvl 55 xbow anyday with ur current bonuses.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes but a level 65 crossbow with those bonuses or similar ones?
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    3* lvl 65 xbow base dmg = 433-1010
    even with the dex and vit, ill take the tt60xbow

of course it is also much harder to find a good stat on 3* lvl 65 xbow compared to getting a tt60xbow.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • f22araptor
    f22araptor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i have solarslayer, its better. it hase more dmg and also a slow effect
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Perhaps but the bonus just looks so weak. My level 55 crossbow has +7 dex and +5 vit. Thats almost half towards another 1% crit (it counts) and more damage. I want a HH60 wep but only having 72 phy attack.

The HH70 wep, Thundercrack though.......now THAT looks like a sick bow.

exactly, you need swiftwind for thundercrack
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • New_Soul - Sanctuary
    New_Soul - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    f22araptor wrote: »
    i have solarslayer, its better. it hase more dmg and also a slow effect

The slow effect? ppffft i have a level 10 frost arrow that does the same thing, and your bow has slightly *SLIGHTLY* higher minimum damage, and a tt60 has higher max damage. I <3 my swiftwind +3 2x flawless garnets... its over kill to the max but its so epic.
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The slow effect? ppffft i have a level 10 frost arrow that does the same thing, and your bow has slightly *SLIGHTLY* higher minimum damage, and a tt60 has higher max damage. I <3 my swiftwind +3 2x flawless garnets... its over kill to the max but its so epic.

You spent a lot on a xbow you'll end up decomposing. The slow effect can't be counted on, but it does sometimes come in handy when grinding (and when FA actually misses).

I have my +5 Solarslayer w/2 flawless garnets... damage = 580-1200 + 64 + 50 = 694-1314

Unrefined TT70 Thundercrack 524-1222 +139 = 663 - 1362

So I'm already getting the damage that an unrefined 70 bow would get and I didn't waste G7's or refines on a bow that will end up getting decomposed and I'll be using it for nearly 20 lvls.

And at least I won't feel bad because I won't need to decompose my Solarslayer... I got it so cheap anyway, I ended up binding it and may even +6 or +7 it. I'll always be able to PvP with it without dolls, so when I do get TT80 (I already have TT70 but only made it to decompose).

If I didn't get the mold cheap, I wouldn't have gone this route as going TT60>70>80 is cheaper, but I don't care, this is just a fun alt anyway.
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Someone buy 3star lev 82 Bow +5 2xflawless
    +160hp +82 phy attack in sanctuary server auction house b:surrender

Looks great and cheap and great stats! b:pleased
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My +6 solar slayer 2 flaws....is hot. PM me if u want to buy b:victoryb:pleased
  • New_Soul - Sanctuary
    New_Soul - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You spent a lot on a xbow you'll end up decomposing. The slow effect can't be counted on, but it does sometimes come in handy when grinding (and when FA actually misses).

I have my +5 Solarslayer w/2 flawless garnets... damage = 580-1200 + 64 + 50 = 694-1314

Unrefined TT70 Thundercrack 524-1222 +139 = 663 - 1362

So I'm already getting the damage that an unrefined 70 bow would get and I didn't waste G7's or refines on a bow that will end up getting decomposed and I'll be using it for nearly 20 lvls.

And at least I won't feel bad because I won't need to decompose my Solarslayer... I got it so cheap anyway, I ended up binding it and may even +6 or +7 it. I'll always be able to PvP with it without dolls, so when I do get TT80 (I already have TT70 but only made it to decompose).

If I didn't get the mold cheap, I wouldn't have gone this route as going TT60>70>80 is cheaper, but I don't care, this is just a fun alt anyway.

I bought this as is for 1.4mil :D and i'll be trading it off for a normal tt60 with some cash when I hit 70 and its decomp time :P
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    why are ya guys talkin of refining HH60 or Solar~ b:thanks

U gonna lvl up to 70 in less than 2 weeks maybe 1 if yar gud grinder... It is just a waste of mirages ur +5 wit flawless stuff b:surrender (Have fun spending on 70 mats/shards/refining) b:bye

HH60 is gud bro.. n its not even that hard to get.. since ya only need 5 drums n their kinda cheap if ya can do 2 runs.. u probably would get 2 or 3 then just buy 2..
    U still gonna need the xbow for 70s xbow.. (I dont like thundercrack.. i prefer unicorn cus the acuracy)

I wuving my Winds n clouds by the way ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Death - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I bought this as is for 1.4mil :D and i'll be trading it off for a normal tt60 with some cash when I hit 70 and its decomp time :P

I bought the mold for 700k, so no loss on my part... I always seem to find a good deal (last one was a barbaric warrrior ring mold for 220k that I crafted with +5 str and sold for 1.1m lol). I'll always have it, so I can bank my good gear and always have an awesome set of lowbie gear to lure pk'ers with.

Most of the 70 gear isn't substantially better than what I have bound now, and most of it was either fb drops, pk drops or cheap 3* or legendary items from the AH.

And soon, when I'll be hunting for 3-4 hrs a day... no need to worry about dolls or dropping stuff... This is a pure rpk alt, so I don't really care much about leveling. lol
  • Death - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    why are ya guys talkin of refining HH60 or Solar~ b:thanks

U gonna lvl up to 70 in less than 2 weeks maybe 1 if yar gud grinder... It is just a waste of mirages ur +5 wit flawless stuff b:surrender (Have fun spending on 70 mats/shards/refining) b:bye

+5 solarslayer owns. Besides, I'm completely skipping HH70 gear, the 7x molders and 2/3* stuff is much cheaper... Wasting your money on 70 mats is the joke. lol

And I don't have time to no-life it on this alt... I've been 6x for like almost 3 weeks now? I don't need to rush to 7x while my main needs to start saving 168 Ultimate Subs for 90 gear :P
  • f22araptor
    f22araptor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Swift:
    Physical attack 459-1070
    Physical Attack +72 (addon)
    Refine (3) +42

Solar
    Physical attack 465-1085
    Physical attack +64
    Refine (3) +48

If u have the money, solar is better, it also add +145 HP and slow
    ah and i have also a solar with +5 and 2 imma garnet
  • Zelfine - Sanctuary
    Zelfine - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My opinion is, what about the higher levels? Weapon performance begins to decrease when the mobs get higher. With Solarslayer, youre gonna have to stick with it throughout your levelling. HH60 can be upgraded and upgraded and keeps on getting BETTER. Unless you're planning to keep refining Solar, then by all means go ahead. But HH70,80,90 will always be better than Solarslayer at the same refinement level.
    b:bye PW.
    I'll still troll the forums >:D