HELP celestal stone refining

Options
kris1984
kris1984 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
hi, im kinda new and i havent figured out this celestal stone refining thing so if any one can explain it or point me to where it is explained i would greatly apprichate it and if anyone repleys tyvm for your time and help^^

Takshia 25 venomancer heavens tear server
Post edited by kris1984 on

Comments

• travil
    travil Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Not sure of all the details or even exactly which aspect of celestones you're asking about but,

Through various quests, you recieve 4 different kinds of celestones. First, break them down into two catagories:

Celestone Fragments: You go to a Gem Merchant in any town and pick up the quest Celestone Fragments. This gives you a quest to hand him 25 celestone fragments and rewards you One Mirage Celestone.

Celestone of "insert name here": There are Three types which are, Heaven, Human, and Earth. As with the fragments, you go to the Gem Merchant and pick up his quest for the Mirage Celestone. At this point, you receive a quest to give him 3 human, heaven, and earth celestones and in return you receive One Mirage Celestone.

Now that you have some Mirage Celestones, now is the time to use them to upgrade weapons or armor (not to be confused with socket gems). You take your mirage celestones to any Elder in any town and use their Refine option. In the small window that pops up, you drag and drop whichever weapon or armor piece you wish to upgrade. Below, it'll tell you how many mirage celestones you need for that item (2 are required for weapons, and 1 is required for armor). Now you click on the button to start the refining process.

Please note that unlike other combining/refining processes, there is a good chance of failing at it. If this happens, you loose however many mirage celestones were used in the process but get the weapon/armor back. Also note that quest-rewarded items can NOT be refined.

For weapons, each refining increases the base and maximum damage of the weapon for both physical and magic attacks by 10 points.

Not sure about Armor since I haven't tried it yet but would guess it would also add 10 points to both Physical resists and Magic resists.

It does not change the outward appearance of these items when worn.

Okay, hope that helps.
  • Takshia - Heavens Tear
    Takshia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    thanks alot that helps out a bunch. thankyou for your repley
  • jelray
    jelray Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So does that make a Level 2 item into a Level 3 item? Or just make the Level 2 item better?
  • Birdie - Heavens Tear
    Birdie - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    per se. it does not make the level 3 weapon a level 4 weapon.
    it shows a +1 next to the name of the item. this just shows that the item has been refined
    and is now a better weapon. has better stats
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    something else that travil left out is that if the refine fails there are three possible outcomes

Item is unchanged
    Item loses 1 level of previous refinement
    Item loses all previous refinements

note: when refineing for first time only the first is actually possible but in all cases all Mirage Celestones are gone
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • cenellow738
    cenellow738 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    if I refine something using the Mirage Celestones could I possible lose the sockets in the armor or weapon.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    nope only the +x can go down/reset sockets/shards are uneffected
  • Windsanjune - Sanctuary
    Windsanjune - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    nope only the +x can go down/reset sockets/shards are uneffected
    Thank you so much *hug*