fb-19 farming?

Options
Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
ok so me and my bro want to try and farm fb-19's tabbed or untabbed but we are only lvl 31's lol
we are both archers i have mad dex and my bro is a vit archer so far,
is it possible for two archers to take down the elevn scorpian boss(fb-19)

i know this sounds noobish but we really want the bow molds cus this trial crossbow is lame lol

yeh i know yer thinking "two lowbie spikers and no tank?"

just wondered what the chances were and if not then what lvl would be best to try?

don't mind a hard fight relying on knockback and sparks lol ^^
Post edited by Fuhjeebies - Harshlands on

Comments

• Minta_ - Heavens Tear
    Minta_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    not possible, need tank and cleric
    at level 50ish u can solo boss with using pots etc, but at so high level lvl 19 drops will seem worthless to u
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yeh thought so lol np ty for input ^^

i think i will have to find a cleric n barb lvl 3x to take with us and see what happens hehe
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3139281#post3139281 here i posted something about soloing fb19 caves b:victory . 2 archers 31lvl i think might die easy even from mobs inside..mobs are grouped ,lol ,2-3, best its to pull mobs by a veno b:laugh.U want that moonlight bow mold ? ..chance to get it from boss its like..0.6% !! ..its very rare..u need to try alot runs b:surrender.wish u good luck both b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'd recommend you don't do that. Get a cleric and perhaps a barbarian then you can do it. Me? I can solo that and the fb29, and probably the fb39 but.... I am a venomancer and I have a hercules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You don't need a veno to pull you can use knockback arrow for bunched up mobs. Since it does the damage AFTER it pushes the mob back it wont attract the other monsters.

That is unless it misses, which it will. I have a 98% chance of hitting most monsters my level and yet my knockback arrow misses a good 20% of the time.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    nah dont try i think you can handle the mobs but it ends with that
    especially at the end where mobs come in bigger groups (boss room)
    i tanked the fb at level 30ish with 1 cleric level 30ish and the tabber was a level 26 archer we did kil the boss but the drops chance stays low so it isnt worth the time to do a fb19
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    By the time you and your friend (bad combo for farming fb's btw) are high enough level, as has been stated, any drops you *might* get will be worthless to you. Amulet of Throm and the lvl 22 legendary sword both come to mind, are quite rare drops...

Fb29 can drop some nice molds, as well as the later fbs, but I'd give up on hoping to make any kind of money from fb19.

Best combo for farming low fbs are BM and Cleric/Mage. Still, you're better off just running it for the XP than thinking you'll get any decent drops.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ok sounds like a bad idea then lol, i think i will stick to selling celepills >.>
  • Guardians - Harshlands
    Guardians - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'd recommend you don't do that. Get a cleric and perhaps a barbarian then you can do it. Me? I can solo that and the fb29, and probably the fb39 but.... I am a venomancer and I have a hercules.

i really doubt that u can do fb29 and fb39 solo, even with herc, its already hard do solo fb29 and almost impossible to do the fb39, even for lvls 60 and u ur only lvl 4x atm... if u dont believe me, just try them and u will see... the fb29 isnt hard, but the boss is, so i may believe u can do it, but the fb39 i too hard for one person only.

correct me if im wrong...b:lipcurl
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I would at least try it once before you give up on the idea. I was able to take a guildie through his fb19 by myself when I was somewhere between 45-55. So I don't think it's impossible for you and your pal to pull it off.

Note: I can't remember much besides the fact that I did it with no problems, but I do know that I had a charm.
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i really doubt that u can do fb29 and fb39 solo, even with herc, its already hard do solo fb29 and almost impossible to do the fb39, even for lvls 60 and u ur only lvl 4x atm... if u dont believe me, just try them and u will see... the fb29 isnt hard, but the boss is, so i may believe u can do it, but the fb39 i too hard for one person only.

Corrected. I am a level 60 Archer and I can Solo both fb29 and fb39, but then again I have some very good Equipments and Charms. But a Herc Veno can do fb29, I have seen it done before, as long as the Herc is leveled up and the Veno only really Heals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • Amanessa - Heavens Tear
    Amanessa - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    A lvl 60 veno doesn't need herc to solo fb29, my friend did my fb with a dodo bear :D
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ok so i posted this a while ago and now me n my bro and another friend are lvl 40+ (all archers)

i have been inside and had a lil test run on my own so i know the aspects of the run and whatnot but i have one question as to the boss tanking?

what dodge is needed if possible to dodge/tank it

or what lvl barb is needed to tank it? while we dps like ****'s
    edited July 2009
    Options
    UPDATE (for anyone interested)
    me (45 archer) my bro (43 archer) and my friend (42 archer) and my nephew (24 barb lol) pwned the elven fb 19 easily!! i tanked the boss we looted all the loot from every mob (killed every mob) and the boss dropped a sh!tload of goodies each run ^^ 2 star items, 3 star equipment no molds as of yet but there is now hope ^^

so to re-iterate:

u need 3 lvl 40+ archers for it to run real smooth and flawlessly
    u need one player in his early 20's (i think this governs drop rate due to low lvl)
    and u need about 3 days spare to farm enough fb's for a mold lol

oh yeh we took my sis in-law too she's a lvl 31 veno

and to top it off now we are rolling alts just to get the boss exp on our mains ^^
  • LTraveller - Dreamweaver
    LTraveller - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Actually, all FB19s can easily be soloed by a lv.33 Veno -- we get pet heal upgrade at that level, so don't even have to spam-heal: 1 heal, 1 blazing/ironwood/venomous, repeat; and it's possible to bring Golem (Volcanic one, which has Tough) to full health and do Spark-Venomous-Ironwood-Venomous combo.

However, once you're lv.34, drops get much worse. @lv33 you often get 2 3-stars, sometimes 3-star + amulet mold; @lv34 the best I've seen is one 3*. No more molds, sometimes coins only.

Veno+any other class (without cleric) is possible too, as long as they are careful enough not to grab aggro.
    LTraveller, lv85 veno
    NamiOto, lv80 full support cleric
    RoamingAdmin, 7X fist/axe BM
    Ion_Cannon, 6X full mag wizard

(full support: healing + fire support)
  • Lionkid - Sanctuary
    Lionkid - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    how do i do the FB 29?
    edited July 2009
    Options
    FB29 is a different story. We cleared it yesterday (lv.38 veno + lv.32 barb) -- and were promptly killed by Qingzi in about half a minute. Looking for 3X cleric, anyone wants to give it a try? :)

All mobs are very strong: @lv33 they hit me for 400+ dmg (that's with a rather decent gear, including 3* arcane armor and pdef+84 quest reward belt). First thing you see after you enter is a patrol of three archers; you have to separate them somehow (this can be done with a pet; Genie skills might work too) -- and first archer will be happy to kite you into remaining two if you allow him. Next, Flames: stationary long-range mobs similar to cactopods from elven FB19. Next, lanterns which explode on death -- for barbs that means MASSIVE DAMAGE. Next, a room packed with mobs, with two ghouls standing right next to the entrance; don't know whether it's possible to pull only one. Next, Towerling midboss with a Flame next to it. Then, three groups: Ghoul + 2 Flames next to each other. And finally Qingzi with his 300k HP -- killed my golem in 4 hits, I think.
    LTraveller, lv85 veno

• XME_Norou - Dreamweaver
    XME_Norou - Dreamweaver Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The boss in FB29 requires a somewhat different strategy..

As i have tanked it myself in my early 6x's(with a lvl 60 wiz healing me.. haha), I've noticed his ranged mag. attack does quite a bit less than his phy. attack when you are up close. Which is rather odd, cause if you take a look at Qinqzi's stats.. he has the same mag. attack and phy. attack. I'd say of you want to try taking him on anywhere around lvl 29-40 and are short a barb and cleric: Find a pet with a ranged attack and decent mag. defense(if there even is such a thing, my Veno is lvl 23, so i have no idea..) and see how it goes. Or get multiple Venos healing a single pet.. that GREATLY increases its survivablitiy.
    XME_Norou: lvl 8x Archer, pure Dex build.
    Proud *EX* Member of XBushidoXb:victory

Done with PWI, moved on to my next game.
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    fb29 is such a fail fb >_<

A 4x cleric and 4x wizard can take Qingzi easily, provided both have some MP pots (NOTE: This was without genie usage or charms) <--confirmed through experience. I noticed Qingzi was only using his creepy stone-throw magic attack, which meant I as a wizard was taking around 200-300 damage a pop with stone barrier thrown up. A 4x cleric spamhealing me allowed me to kill him - albeit taking around 13-14 minutes with a few lucky crits and one pitfall stun (Don't ask me why I decided to use pitfall >_>)

fb19 can be taken care of by two 3x wizards (again, confirmed through experience) without charms or genie skills, and an HP-charmed 4x wizard can solo fb19. I presume a 4x wizard with no charm could solo fb19 with a bit of nifty kiting...I gotta try that sometime >_>
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thanks, XME_Norou. If we won't be able to kind a cleric, I'll try this strategy.
    I heard a rumor that it is possible to force Qingzi to use his mag. attack only (on you, not on pet) -- anyone knows the details?
    LTraveller, lv85 veno

edited July 2009
    Options
    I heard a rumor that it is possible to force Qingzi to use his mag. attack only (on you, not on pet) -- anyone knows the details?

The few times i've tanked it as an archer.. as long as i stay away from him and use my bow he makes no effort to close the gap and hit me. He just stands there throwing rocks at me. Basically if you want Qinqzi to ONLY use his mag. attack, the person who has aggro just has to stand far enough away from him while attacking. If you think you will survive(you will DEFINITELY need a cleric on you, maybe even a charm).. try not sending in your pet at the start and just spam your various spells on him. He should only come close enough to use his mag. attack on you. When you're sure you'll keep aggro, send in your pet(you should prolly have his aggro skills, ex.: Bash, turned off) for a little extra damage dealing. If you actually decide to attempt this I say unto you: GOOD LUCK!!b:victoryb:victory

• Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Corrected. I am a level 60 Archer and I can Solo both fb29 and fb39, but then again I have some very good Equipments and Charms. But a Herc Veno can do fb29, I have seen it done before, as long as the Herc is leveled up and the Veno only really Heals.

yeah exactly what you said

it may take forever but fbs with a herc are really easy, the only tough part of the fb29 is the one with all AoE dudes before the boss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yeah exactly what you said

it may take forever but fbs with a herc are really easy, the only tough part of the fb29 is the one with all AoE dudes before the boss

Not sure if the glitch is bannable, but as a Veno, you can pull Qingzi through the door and not have to deal with the AoE mobs, as long as you dont kill the towerling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Not sure if the glitch is bannable, but as a Veno, you can pull Qingzi through the door and not have to deal with the AoE mobs, as long as you dont kill the towerling.

I thought you need to kill the towerling to open the door?
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The few times i've tanked it as an archer.. as long as i stay away from him and use my bow he makes no effort to close the gap and hit me. He just stands there throwing rocks at me. Basically if you want Qinqzi to ONLY use his mag. attack, the person who has aggro just has to stand far enough away from him while attacking. If you think you will survive(you will DEFINITELY need a cleric on you, maybe even a charm).. try not sending in your pet at the start and just spam your various spells on him. He should only come close enough to use his mag. attack on you. When you're sure you'll keep aggro, send in your pet(you should prolly have his aggro skills, ex.: Bash, turned off) for a little extra damage dealing. If you actually decide to attempt this I say unto you: GOOD LUCK!!b:victoryb:victory

Just tried that: lv.39 veno + lv.56 cleric. Wanted to test the hypotheses that drops are based not on average party level, but on the level of the one who does most damage / lands final hit.

I was spamming wood, pet (antelope pup) added some damage and had Howl on autocast. Qingzi ignored ante, cast spells on me about once each 5 seconds, dealing 500-1000 damage; my spells hurt him for 1500-2000, up to 3400 in Spark + Extreme Poison + Ironwood combo. Brought some Jade Powder, but with buffs that powerful didn't need them; several Perfect Mana pots were enough.

Loot: 2 3-star Sunsprite's Marks, some DQ & strong glue, lucky cards & small mystery pot, some nice 1-star items (e.g. Wraith Robe with a socket and MP Recovery +3).
    LTraveller, lv85 veno

edited July 2009
    Options
    fb 29 you need to kill the towerling to get the door to boss open

fb 19 you need to either kill all mobs or just the ones in the "treasure rooms" (rooms with unclickable chests piled up in corners" to get full loot drop from boss not sure which yet but leaning towards treasure rooms.

quing'zi 2 shots me at lvl 45 >.>

higher lvl players = less drops so if yer 40+ take a noob from a city with u and give him 5k or something cus it really does help the droprate

other then that i think we just about covered everything lol
    "pats threaders on back" b:victory
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I myself, can solo fb19s, 29s, and most if not all fb39s. As a high lvl Barb, it is a bit difficult sometimes, as I have no healing skill, besides ToP on my genie. If I get a lvl 30+ cleric for a fb39, I'm surely going to be able to solo it. As for fb19s and 29s, I can fully solo it by myself.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Just tried that: lv.39 veno + lv.56 cleric. Wanted to test the hypotheses that drops are based not on average party level, but on the level of the one who does most damage / lands final hit.

I was spamming wood, pet (antelope pup) added some damage and had Howl on autocast. Qingzi ignored ante, cast spells on me about once each 5 seconds, dealing 500-1000 damage; my spells hurt him for 1500-2000, up to 3400 in Spark + Extreme Poison + Ironwood combo. Brought some Jade Powder, but with buffs that powerful didn't need them; several Perfect Mana pots were enough.

Loot: 2 3-star Sunsprite's Marks, some DQ & strong glue, lucky cards & small mystery pot, some nice 1-star items (e.g. Wraith Robe with a socket and MP Recovery +3).

Excellent Job and gratz on the loot. Now if only you had gotten a Order of The Stars Mold. Glad i could help. b:pleased

• xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

you stand corrected. b:chuckle b:pleased

lv53 herc veno (just one of my many characters) and i can solo everything up till the last boss of fb51. was doing fb 39 at lv42-43ish (same lvl as the bosses)

evn got me a couple molds along the way :)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172