WTH is wine?

Options
Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
Headshot_XD - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Whenever I hear people talking about fb59+ they always say you neeed wine with it. Is wine a cash shop item and what does it do?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There can be only one Lord of the Elves
And he does NOT SHARE POWER!!!!
Post edited by Headshot_XD - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you go to the wine merchant, there is a list of wines you can make using low to high mats.

You will generally need 10-20 of each mat to make one wine.

For certain fb's (59-89) you will generally have a hard time finding a party to run it without wines. The wines essentially clear the mobs in the instance and allow you to run to the bosses (there will be a few remaining, such as any guards).

Oh...you will need 2 wines in order to "wine" the fb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    using some of those mats that u can see and dig around u can craft different type of wines, these can be used for clearing most of the mobs inside a fb, since after fb 51 there are no longer quests inside the fb (except a few that u'll do separately) u usually use the wines to finish the fbs faster

a few fbs like the 89+ are like 6 hours without wines xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You can use wines to take all the unnecessary mobs out of an FB. Where all you have left is basically needed mobs and or bosses.

I believe that you can get wines for ANY fb, however; they really aren't needed until FB 59. There is a wine seller in west arch close to the outside of the building where the auctioneer is. Mr Tso I think is his name. I am not quite sure cause I don't use him often.

Of course there are always people selling wine too. And you can buy it from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
    Headshot_XD - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Oh so that's what wine is. thanx for clearing that up guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There can be only one Lord of the Elves
    And he does NOT SHARE POWER!!!!
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Im still amazed and confused that we can make wine from all those different stone materials b:chuckle
  • dyrax
    dyrax Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Im still amazed and confused that we can make wine from all those different stone materials b:chuckle

Agreed!! Not alot of thought went into those by the developers did it? Wine made from lumber, stone, metal and coal has gotta taste like ****!!!!

You'd think they would have forced you to collect water from different locations, maybe some exotic herbs, some exotic fruits, etc...

Not that an mmorpg HAS to be realistic, but still :)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I believe that you can get wines for ANY fb, however; they really aren't needed until FB 59.

This. In most cases, the earlier FBs will only need 1 wine, so that makes it easier for things like if you do it solo or want to help a friend clear out their last few mobs + boss if they got screwed out of a tab.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes or if you are simply trying to farm drops from bosses and do not want to do the entire fb.

truekossy wrote: »
    This. In most cases, the earlier FBs will only need 1 wine, so that makes it easier for things like if you do it solo or want to help a friend clear out their last few mobs + boss if they got screwed out of a tab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]