What to do?

MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
What to do # questions?

No1.I wondering if I should stick to my old golem being puppet as i tamed at is lvl 29 or use my torgirin Warrior which I just tamed?

No2.What is best for me to get super safe stone which I can keep my eggs in even reverted ones for later use or super cage stone all I need is the remaining 6 slots.I don't feel that is worth 5 or 10 gold unlike a safe.

No3.What do you all think of Ripetide Tortoise for an UW pet as I working with one and it seemed to be doing fine vs bloodthirsty sharks.I am currently using an undine supreme it was wench.

Thanks.
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1) The new one will be faster and has free skill upgrades. The old one will be better for tanking bosses -if you do that.

2) 4 spots is enough for your base pets, and you'll be able to make so much more coin later. 1) land tanker 2) air pet 3) water pet 4) lurer/range pet.

3) Most venos consider the turtle pets useful but disposable. A celestial plumpfish is comparable, smaller, and faster. You can tame them when you're lvl 80 and then start leveling that.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Thanks that saves me some money.What would make a good lurer/range pet?
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    kowlin will be great for pulling because of its fast speed. or.. if you cant afford a kowlin cuz its rare. try on of these: Petalii Hexkiss, Clever Cactopod, Steelhide Grimalkin, Mastiff of the Great Divide, Guardian Wolf. they also have a fast speed. if you want a range pet, get a eldergoth marksman
  • Farain - Dreamweaver
    Farain - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I know I'm still low level, but I use an ant soldier for pulling.
    The little guy has good speed, evasion, HP, and does decent damage. It may be my imagination, but it seems that he can run out further to pull than any of my other pets as well.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    kowlin will be great for pulling because of its fast speed. or.. if you cant afford a kowlin cuz its rare. try on of these: Petalii Hexkiss, Clever Cactopod, Steelhide Grimalkin, Mastiff of the Great Divide, Guardian Wolf. they also have a fast speed. if you want a range pet, get a eldergoth marksman

Orchid Petalii is a little faster than Hexkiss :)
    Also the blue and red chickens in FB59 (I think its 59) are also great lurers. 9.2 m/s, lots of damage, good defense, good skills (bash, fireball, howl).
    The Marksman works as both a lurer and a ranged.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2009
    The Eldergoth Marksman or Sharpshooter makes a much better lurer than a Kowlin. As an alternate lurer I have a deadmarsh petali which I found use in today while exploring fb89 to slow the fast mobs down a bit. It has high evasion and is fast so it's good at getting by phys mobs while the Marksman is ranged and has high mag def which is good for getting by ranged/ mag mobs as well as phys.

I do like my kowlin, but use it mostly for low lvl fbs or DWP legion events where it's size, speed, and added reflect skill comes in handy.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    The Eldergoth Marksman or Sharpshooter makes a much better lurer than a Kowlin. As an alternate lurer I have a deadmarsh petali which I found use in today while exploring fb89 to slow the fast mobs down a bit. It has high evasion and fast so it's good at getting by phys mobs while the Marksman is ranged and has high mag def which is good for getting by ranged/ mag mobs.

I do like my kowlin, but use it mostly for low lvl fbs or DWP legion events where it's size, speed, and added reflect skill comes in handy.

What is the speed on your deathmarsh?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Where are Eldergoth Archers located at I looked on pwdatabase and it doesn't show where?What about Darkbreed Wolfkin
    for luring?What about Tauroc Slave for luring for the time being?

My Veno is only 38.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2009
    Forget about the archers, there's only rumors of them existing in the game. The database doesn't say "Y" for them being there.

Almost any pet in the lower levels will be fine for luring til you get to around lvl 60 I believe.