What pets make the best tanks?

Peppy - Heavens Tear
Peppy - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
ive heard that magmites and eldergoth sharpshooters make good tanks. But which is better? Also, would tectonic rhinodrakes make good tanks?
Post edited by Peppy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Magmites are the best tank pets outside of the hercules.

Rhinodrakes aren't good for much of anything, unless you want a novelty pet.
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The mechcrab is also a good tnank i used it solo in some low level tt's before getting my herc.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Data from: http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/petstat.php

:::: HP Atk P.def M.def Acc. Dodge Atk/s m/s
    AB 3149 1672 7618 7618 1259 933 0.6 8.6
    CM 2934 3240 8792 5861 1354 1003 0.6 6.2
    SC 3149 1888 7594 7594 1649 1299 0.8 7.4
    HC 4135 2672 8952 7161 2297 1225 0.8 8.1

AB - Armored Bear
    CM - Crystalline Magmite
    SC - Shadou Cub
    HC - Herc
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I would say any golem is good doesn't have to be a magamite.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • tweakz
    edited June 2009
    In just the 4 options I listed, the Crystalline Magmite (best tank choice of magmites) at lv. 90 has the lowest HP and mag.d, and that's the best tank?
  • CookieDevil - Heavens Tear
    CookieDevil - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Where can I find a crystalline magmite please?
  • tweakz
    edited June 2009
    Where can I find a crystalline magmite please?

You never need to ask again, just use this site:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/3427
  • Amontillado - Dreamweaver
    Amontillado - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if you want to try catch one yourself. level up and head up between Etherblade and Timberfield. they are all around there.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Outside of the golems, the beetles can also make excellent tanks, and can take a beating.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Nevedita - Dreamweaver
    Nevedita - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree, beetles (Qinfu or beetle kings) are good overall tanks. A lot of venos stick with Golems because of their high phy. def and relatively high attack, but I stuck with Ruby (beetle king) because despite it's phys. def being a bit lower, the mag def. is much higher than the Golem, plus it's HP regen rate, attack speed and movement is faster.

Plus, if you're looking into pet skills, I like how beetle kings have both Tough and Bash. Granted they are lvl 1, but they make excellent grinding/questing pets.

Hope this helped~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>>Check us out at "kinetic.co.nr"! Join the movement today!
  • Temptresss - Lost City
    Temptresss - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have an emerald quinfu (lvl 1 starting), heptastral beetle(level 2 starting has tough skill), quadastral beetle king (level 3 starting has tough and bash skills)... all three are better in the long run than magmites. People say magmites are better because of the slightly higher attack dmg, and the fact that there are few pure mage mobs. However, there are mobs with an elemental based attack or a stat effect spell that they'll use against your pet. My beetles can hold agro over a barb or bm the same lvl as me and not get beat to death if the mobs have a mage attack to throw in once in awhile. I tried the volcanic magmite and togrim brave and was disappointed after leveling each ten lvls at the performance and overall stats compared to my beetles. Until I get a herc, I will stick with beetles.

And another plus for the beetles ill add to Nevedita's list above is size. The golem is bulky, and blocks line of sight to all but the largest mobs. This can cost valuable time when trying to work with multiple targets. While the beetle kings do get rather large, they don't compare to the size of the magmites. If you get a plain heptastral beetle, they remain the same size, are very small, and very deceptive at higher lvls for pk... if you got the cash to toss a lvl 5 skill onto it, this beetle can be deadly. Or you could put on lvl 5 bash to hold agro even if you're a robe with powerful magic at higher lvls.
  • Foofie - Dreamweaver
    Foofie - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well for me GOLEM works for me very well.
    Golem helps with keeping aggro by constant DPS and sheer tanking
    makes killing an easy task.

I tried beetle but I was not impressed as I was getting aggro each and every time.

Those who are saying Golem is too big, perhaps your monitor shudnt be like like a gameboy.

Or atleast make your resolution MAX. b:victory
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would say Venos who use Golem must have better time getting into squads.When they see a bettle they say what can that do?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Foofie - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Better to ask " Will it fly? "
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ive taken my frost antelope (you know..that pink deer!! xD) to an fb19, just to try it out. everyone was watching..saying: omg!! what is that?!?! b:avoidb:laugh well it wasnt good for tanking..luckily i can take the boss on my own without pet b:sweat but it was just fun to look at and we all had a big laugh with my pink deer xD b:pleased its soo cute you know... but not a good tank cuz it dont holds agro -_-'
  • Foofie - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    hawk wrote: »
    Magmites are the best tank pets outside of the hercules.

Rhinodrakes aren't good for much of anything, unless you want a novelty pet.

This coming from a MOD... I think he's right.b:victory
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The Shakou Valorian lv60 is a nice tank comes with bash lv5 an tought lv2 only at fb59 it looks like others magnamites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • pws1234
    pws1234 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What is DPS?
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    Sleekit - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Damage per second.
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    The Shakou Valorian lv60 is a nice tank comes with bash lv5 an tought lv2 only at fb59 it looks like others magnamites.

It should be noted that this magmite is considerably weaker at tanking / dd'ing than a Crystalline at it's level. Crystalline will continue to improve faster as well. The Shikou Valorian will be considerably faster though and it's lv. 5 bash at lv ~59 is sweet.