Hey all, newbie looking for some info...

ceranil
ceranil Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hail thee fellow adventurers,

I'm new to PWI, started playing yesterday - I made an Archer, and delved into the PWI wiki/official forums, reading up on the basics of PWI and the Archer.

However, I'm a bit confused about some things regarding class skills, professions and Spirit, and sofar, looking through the wiki and the forums didn't clear this up for me.

1) Is there a restriction to the amount of manufacturing professions you can take at the same time per character? I think I read somewhere that you can only have 1 at a time, though in a thread in the Archer forums I think someone stated to take Weaponsmith and Alchemist. (or maybe I read it at another mmo - confused confused...)

2) According to the ingame help files, skilling up is done by spending money and Spirit:
"The total amount of spirit is limited for each character. Think carefully to before using it."

It's written down a bit confusing in the gamefiles, in such a manner that I can't figure out whether I have to spend spirit on only class skills, or on manufacturing skills aswell. If this is the case, is it possible to max out one (or more) of the manufacturing profs without jeopardizing my character build?

3) And last but not least, will Winged Elves still have the same wings at lvl 150 or will there be some sort of graphical upgrades? (not a pressing question, but just curious). b:thanks

Would be most appreciated if someone could clear this up for me. b:victory
Post edited by ceranil on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1.no
    2. while at low lvls youll have a spirit shortage (guides help gratly what to focus on) later the coin factor will be a problem with learning skills and then later youll have so much spirit if it was toilet paper youd never use it all even if you ate tacos all day
    3. you can get new wings at 30, they dont use mana, they come+.5 speed, but they arent effected by your flying passive speed skill, there are plenty of other aerogear/wings in cash shop, but the white ones dont evolve/graphics upgrade
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1) Professions: You can take all 4 quests at once. They are Blacksmith (weapons), Craftsman (Ornaments), Tailor (armor), and Apothecary (potions & charms). Gather the quests, get a Pickaxe from the Merchant (Miscellaneous tab), and just get the materials while you're going after the mobs.

2) Spirit: Spirit and coins go towards your character skills, along with coins. A very small amount of spirit and coin are used to level up manufacturing skills for your professions. Spirit can also be used to level up your Genie if you get one, but I recommend not feeding it Spirit. In early levels, you'll have enough Spirit to get everything. But once you pass 15, and especially 20 & 30, you'll have to pick carefully since you won't have enough Spirit to get every available skill. Use your class subforum to help decide which might be best to get, and your personal experience to decide which to keep upgrading.

3) Elf Wings: The white starter wings can be replaced with the Eagle wings you get at the level 30 quest. The starter wings consume MP to keep you flying, which is more noticible on Archer than Cleric because Clerics have fast MP regen. The level 30 Eagle wings, along with Cash Shop wings of all kinds do not consume MP to fly.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Thrill - Dreamweaver
    Thrill - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Okay, thank you very much for clearing that up, guys (or girls). Time to start the farming then. b:pleased
    ...if it was toilet paper youd never use it all even if you ate tacos all day

...And thanks for the mental image. b:chuckle
  • unorded
    unorded Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tnx for the help i couldn't find it thanxxxx!!! chuckle