Water Pet

hadrie1
hadrie1 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
okay im kinda new so sorry if im asking stupid stuff but search didnt really help

im going to kill abysmal mysterys and i dont have a water pet, so i was wondering which pet i should get for water? i dont really have an idea which water pets are good and which are bad
Post edited by hadrie1 on

Comments

• Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The general consensus is that since quests in the water are so few & far between, you should just tame whatever is around your level and use that.

Alternatively, you can lure them to the surface and use an air pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hadrie1
    hadrie1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hmmm seems logical, thank you :o
  • Cheaper - Harshlands
    Cheaper - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the turtles are ok..like the low lvl one and the (51?) one later..
    at higher lvl the lvl 80 plumpfish will do:)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I really want one of the sharks :(
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I really want one of the sharks :(

Not tameable, shucks. Would be nice though.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Not tameable, shucks. Would be nice though.

I don't know about a pet shark.b:shocked JAWS.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you mean the one when you are around lvl 7(ish) it can be tough because there is only 1 flying pet you can use (petite sawfly) and no water pets.

Most people either get a barb to help them out or wait until they go up a few levels to kill it. I found that if you buy some hp pots and you put as much space between you and the turtle then just rapidly cast your spells and you can beat it. If you use that though use the hp pots to fully heal yourself. If you start to die while in battle just quickly use an hp pot. I'd suggest you put your hp pots in a skill slot. To do that just drag your hp pots into a skill slot so you have it hotkey'd and easy to click on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    oh abysal mystery - fishes lvl 34 outside south gate archosaur in water(they have best drop rate for hay ..24% b:laughb:victory ) well, a good tanker can be a turtle (has high phys def) Mutant Whirler Turtle (turtle lvl 21) . Its a problem coz the turtle its only 21 lvl but it has tough skill lvl 2 i think ( i cant summon atm to see, im in plume b:chuckle atm loged in game too),...ull need to lvl up the turtle :( (i done my elder tortose boss quest alone with this turtle) . Mutant Whirler Turtle (21 lvl)can be found in water nearby, to the Silver Pool . good luck b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There's a bunch of turtle/tortoise tameable pets listed starting from lvl 5: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/lvl/0-9
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.