Lets Grind

Options
Untuchablee - Sanctuary
Untuchablee - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
Hey all I was wondering what creature i should grind cause im a lvl 24 wiz so if u think its to early for me to grind tell me or if u think i should grind give me sum monsters u think would be appropriate for my lvl thnks

-Untuchablee
Post edited by Untuchablee - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    DONT GRIND AT THAT LVL PERIOD youll loose more exp than you can gain itl ltake hours to grind at that lvl jsut dont and if you do jsut fight those fat rinodrakes
    i like pie
  • Feiyn - Dreamweaver
    Feiyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You should have enough quests to level until you're lvl 60+. And if you really want to grind, wait till you're lvl 30-something to kill foxwings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You should have enough quests to level until you're lvl 60+. And if you really want to grind, wait till you're lvl 30-something to kill foxwings.

ya but at lvl 37 youll have tiny amounts of exp from those quests later on and yuoll have to grind id grind at the water spot near anglers villige
    i like pie
  • Feiyn - Dreamweaver
    Feiyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ya but at lvl 37 youll have tiny amounts of exp from those quests later on and yuoll have to grind id grind at the water spot near anglers villige

Oh yeah, haha... I just did crazy stone when that happened. I was too lazy to grind. >.>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lolwut? Why'd you grind there? Grinding at felbones is a hell of a lot more profitable.
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lolwut? Why'd you grind there? Grinding at felbones is a hell of a lot more profitable.

ya but not as much exp and i wanted to get to 40 BAD cause ihad a pnther jsut sitting in my inv lol
    i like pie
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i grinded on the hexwebs from lvl 38-40. Did my cs and quests and straight to the hexwebs with a eso
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Feioyn wrote:

Get the bloody hell outta these forums, idiot.
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    OMG! A new troll yay! b:surrender

idk about Feiyn comment but i know many wizards who said they didnt have to grind until level 58 ish. They just did cs to level up since cs gives you about 50% at that level.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

I started doing omas at 40+, at 60+ you only get 20% off quests

I find grinding against land mobs more efficent, you make it cheaper by meditating, you can't do that in the water or air
  • Kuoleme - Sanctuary
    Kuoleme - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    OMG! A new troll yay! b:surrender

idk about Feiyn comment but i know many wizards who said they didnt have to grind until level 58 ish. They just did cs to level up since cs gives you about 50% at that level.

my cs gives me 13% atm
    it has never given me 50%

and getting to 58 w/o grinding but only doing quests and cs would take forever
  • Untuchablee - Sanctuary
    Untuchablee - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thnks a bunch guys but if i were to grind now which creature would be the best one to make money tell me in a reply thnks

-Untuchablee
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You wouldn't.

Because NOTHING is profitable to grind on at that point.
  • JEEbez - Dreamweaver
    JEEbez - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    thnks a bunch guys but if i were to grind now which creature would be the best one to make money tell me in a reply thnks

-Untuchablee

As people have told you, grinding sucks at your level, but if you really wanted to find something to get cash on, go kill something that drops dull claws >.> they sell for a ton to other players, still haven't figured out why..
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think they're part of making weaponry or summat? Only reason I can think of that would blow their prices out of proportion.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Veno=Most popular class, their lv.30 aero costs 5 dull claws. Thats one reason, another is that the Dq quest at lv.20~ish requires them. After lv.40 is when you start to grind for lack of quests.

Nowhere near as bad as lv.70+ where exp required goes up by several 100k/level with quests only offering 10% of your total.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Basically, only start grinding at around 34. Cause thats when ur quests slows down. Always complete ur quest FIRST (When you are 35 and below), grind in Air/Water. When you are able to grind well later on, I always do quest when im a few levels higher than it so its easy (E.g Do a quest given to u at lvl 40 when you are lvl 44-46). Stated below are the mobs i REMEMBER grinding on and never regretted. Obviously depends on your build and Eqs.

Some Nice Grind Spots.

Abyssal Mystery (lvl34) (W)
    Big Mouth pirahna (lvl39) (W)
    Vampiric Thresher Lord (Lvl40) (W)
    Blood Thirsty Shark (lvl52) (W) <-- Love these as they are easy to kill
    Terrestrial Foxwing (lvl55) (F) <-- Love these too
    UltraFin Protector (lvl58) (W)
    Foxxwing Supreme (lvl60) (F) <-- LOVE THESE THE MOST! Spent so much
    time on it with ESO.

(NOTE: THESE MOBS MENTIONED ARE WHAT "I" GRIND ON, IF YOU HAVE BETTER, GOOD FOR YOU)

MY OWN ADVICE <-- Repeat: MY OWN. Dont need to flame me =D

1. Max earth shield first, and perhaps u shld have around lvl 7 water and fire by the time u hit foxxwing supremes. Well for me i had lvl9 earth, lvl5water, and 9 fire or something like that.

2. Max BOTH earth skills. Some say dont need to max stone rain, but wth? Its so easy to get spririts later on. Id rather easy lvl now , and then try to farm spirits. And u can get spirits later easily once u hit 60s and start doing lotsa ZHEN grindings. Ultimately u can max all skills so just do what its needed to lvl for now.

3. For me, I didnt even add 1 point to Divine pyrogram until lvl 70 cause its only efficiently used in Sutra, and my pyrogram was like lvl 5 ( Why my pyro was at only lvl 5 cause its only needed to do that little hit of finishing a mob off).

4. Gush, thats obvious u HAVE to max it, its so good in PvE and PvP. Glacial Embrace, max it too. Shld be ur opening skill for most mobs (Especially Foxwing Supremes). Like i said you'de be grinding on Supremes alot, so just do a GE -> SS-> Gush-> SS. Yes you have to use 3 hard Nukes, but the exp is worth it. I got to lvl 70 in 2months 3 weeks and im working. So u shld know how helpful these foxxwings are ( Ill always remember them b:thanks )

5. Please do learn apothecary. Life/focus powder ,it increases ur mana/hp recovery rate 50 per sec over 10min (Though it doesnt really recover the amount it says,buggy, it still helps ALOT ALOT ALOT). Saved me alot on pots. U imagine how many pots are saved when u kill over 10000000 mobs throughout ur grinding career.

6. If you can afford to buy ESO ( Exp scrolls in boutique ) Please do use them when u grind on sharks/foxwings. Ur exp will surely fly.b:angry

7. Now for ur Equipments, Ill try to explain it clearly. When you grind Foxxing Supremes (Fire), try to get your arcane robes with Single/Double resistance type, because when u have armours with fewer resistance varieties, the resistance of those particular 2 would be higher than what you would have on an armour having all the different element resistance.

E.g If a lvl 50 arcane robe (With all elements) gives ->
    400% Metal
    400% Fire
    400% Water
    400% Wood
    400% Earth

Then a lvl 50 arcane robe(With 2 elements) gives ->
    750% Fire
    750% Metal

Then again a counter argument comes about what if you need to do Quests which requires killing mobs of other elements? Now i'll say i always carry 2 sets of robes. 1 Set is for Specific Element Concentrated (Fewer resistance types, but HIGH resistance in the given element) (Lets call it SEC for convenience). And the other Set which has all element resistance, but average in all, is Variety Element Concentrated (VEC).

So when you grind you use ur SEC and when u quest you can swap to ur VEC. Im now assuming you have fully upgraded your inventory slots to carry 2 sets of armours ofc =). And its not expensive to get these 2sets because? when u grind or quest , you'll definitely come across these armours. Just be sure to plan what elements you will need in e future, and dont sell it when u come across it ^^. *But please note, Its only advisable to have 2 sets when you are around lvl 60 and below. Cause when u are higher level, theres a need for you to Refine/imbue your armours. Its too costly to upgrade 2 sets.

8. This is a tough one, If u can , try getting Cleric buffs in Towns near ur grind spot =) but Sanctuary's Clerics are very kind, ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE muahaha. You'll see e difference ! For e.g You might need 4 hits to kill Foxwing Supremes, but with Cleric Buff, you'll only need to deal 3 hits and this COULD mean the mob will hit u 1 less too, helps u save time, save pots and make u feel good about urself ^^. For me i have a cleric too, so it was easy.

At your level, clerics buff only last half hour, so ull only have time to get a cleric for the 1st half, unless you are lucky enough to find one half way thru ur grind.

9. Lastly, those mobs stated in the above are those i've spent my time on. Im sure somewhere inbetween there are other mobs. But i only chose Water and Fire mobs as our Sand skills and Water skills are amazing. Please do change ur mob targets if u feel there are better ones not mentioned and share them with the new people too b:pleased.

And the the way i've played till now, i've nvr had grinding problems, nvr been restricted on learning any new skills later on. So just do what you have to do to lvl fast now. When you've done ur lvling fast, you can take the extra time to catch up on what you've slowed down on (E.g Quests). While others do quest at their current level, you who will be a higher lvl after grinding first, would be able to finish those quests that were given to u at lower levels easily. Hope all i've said will help you and others. Feel free to add on =D CHEERS
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    my cs gives me 13% atm
    it has never given me 50%

and getting to 58 w/o grinding but only doing quests and cs would take forever

my cs gives me 8%-10% or something like that.
    When you first get cs at lvl 30 it definetely gives you 50% or somewhere near that. If you dont do cs at lvl 30 you will have to grind in your 30s.
    NOTE* When you make the change from lvl 60-61 you can get 2 cs in one day b:victory
  • Norina - Dreamweaver
    Norina - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    To pick up where Cryxtal left off:

After foxwings there are some bats over the swamp of the wraiths near those towers, alucard minions? Loved those. Went down easy and lasted something like 7 levels - from orange to green.

Then there are more bats over dreaming cloud - vampire bats or something.

After that, I was so busy doing 70ish quests I didn't have much time to grind, but the Falcon Howlers filled the space pretty well.

And now... dragonmaids.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ((AFK from game. bbiab.))
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Cryxtal, Norina, two words for you. Gamma runs, the exp is so great it's unbelievable. b:dirty

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    yeah, if u have the squad, if u have the time, if u have the HP (3.3-3.4k minimum buffed and about 4k pdef buffed) if u have the know how.
    Rewards are awesome, but it takes more than "me too" that's usually enough for a FB.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have(or had) 2.65k hp unbuffed when I ran gamma. Survived 6/7 waves which gets me 240k coin, 2 tome frags, 200k spirit and 400-500k exp. Running a complete gamma would be nice though for the bonus 400k exp and some immaculates.

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well, yeah, I mean you can start it and run a few waves. My "minimum" requirements were for completing rebirth without getting through "oh ****!" moments or complete wipeouts.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Norina - Dreamweaver
    Norina - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Cryxtal, Norina, two words for you. Gamma runs, the exp is so great it's unbelievable. b:dirty

Yes, and like Ursa said, it takes more than a me too, But!

I'm arcane, and I won't go LA for a second, not even for rebirth.
    It's okay. I can level without it.

Pure in practice and at heart. *wink*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ((AFK from game. bbiab.))
  • Kuoleme - Sanctuary
    Kuoleme - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    my cs gives me 8%-10% or something like that.
    When you first get cs at lvl 30 it definetely gives you 50% or somewhere near that. If you dont do cs at lvl 30 you will have to grind in your 30s.
    NOTE* When you make the change from lvl 60-61 you can get 2 cs in one day b:victory

my alt hit 30 not that long ago, cs only gives about 25-30% at 30