Games crashes and brings up "ReportBug"

Yako - Dreamweaver
Yako - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Support Desk
Ok, first let me say this so no one (Player or Staff or Admin or God or whoever else thinks they know more about my machine than me) can say THE PROBLEM is my machine, because it IS NOT! I never had any problems (graphical or network) up till now.

That being said here is what happened. I was grinding (from this morning at about 5 AM and have had the game logged in ever since yesterday with NO PROBLEMS) and after I finally leveled around 9:20 AM I ran back to Sundown Town (Was in Sundown Highlands) and the game crashed.

When it crashed, it returned me to the desktop and opened up a window that said "Report Bug" and had a list of bugs. It then prompted me to submit a report to Perfect World.

THIS MAY BE A VIRUS. That would explain why it is only happening to me...but I don't know.

Will a GM or Admin or someone please help me get back in! I LOVE PWI and would hate to have to leave after I have put so much time and real money into this game.
Post edited by Yako - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Yako - Dreamweaver
    Yako - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this is a screenshot of what the "report bug" looked like.

reportbug.jpg
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok, first let me say this so no one (Player or Staff or Admin or God or whoever else thinks they know more about my machine than me) can say THE PROBLEM is my machine, because it IS NOT! I never had any problems (graphical or network) up till now.

That being said here is what happened. I was grinding (from this morning at about 5 AM and have had the game logged in ever since yesterday with NO PROBLEMS) and after I finally leveled around 9:20 AM I ran back to Sundown Town (Was in Sundown Highlands) and the game crashed.

When it crashed, it returned me to the desktop and opened up a window that said "Report Bug" and had a list of bugs. It then prompted me to submit a report to Perfect World.

THIS MAY BE A VIRUS. That would explain why it is only happening to me...but I don't know.

Will a GM or Admin or someone please help me get back in! I LOVE PWI and would hate to have to leave after I have put so much time and real money into this game.

You are lucky, a lots of us have been getting this more then once a days since genie come out.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2009
    Occasionally some line of code or another will call the wrong function or variable and cause the game to crash. If this only happened the one time, you can safely ignore it. If it starts happening frequently or more regularly (especially if it's at the same spot), then please submit a ticket to tech support.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• sirmarkus
    sirmarkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes I have had the same problems as well.. I get a crash and bug report every 10 minutes. This has happend ever since the Genies came out. I am losing about 1 meg memory every 30 seconds. My graphic settings are at its lowest it can be. I am running a duo core with 2 gig ram. Please come up with a solution asap, I will not play this game until its fixed. I was considering using real money in this game but I will definetly suspend that idea. PWI is a very good game. Would be a waste to leave it after a year of working on it.
  • Breaking_me - Sanctuary
    Breaking_me - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Same thing is happening to me. Sometimes I do not even get the bug report..it just crashes. Am considering a full reinstall. Running vista 64 bit os...hmmm maybe corrupted files from all the patches? -.- Blech it is getting annoying, and i find myself only logging to do my dailies ..farm and catshop (if i dont get mulitple dc'd during).
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Seems like this is a common issue ... a buddy on HT is having this issue on a daily basis.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • SavageFox - Harshlands
    SavageFox - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    exact same problem here
This discussion has been closed.