TW...is it fun anymore?

Options
Defected - Heavens Tear
Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Etherblade (West)
After our Enrage vs Tao battle tonight, I realized that I was very glad the TW was over. Not because I'm waiting on my ride to come pick me up so I can get tore up, but because it wasn't fun.

TWs make West Archosaur look like the middle of nowhere in terms of lag. Even with everything turned down, everything turned off, and a decent video card, people are having trouble doing anything. (So don't blame that)

Left and right I hear of people's games crashing in the middle of TW. Both sides being frustrated with targeting lag and overall....lag/latency. There's nothing more fun then thinking your flying one way, then BAM, you're pulled back 20 meters dead in the middle of a bunch of enemies. It never used to be this bad. It seems as if it's getting worse and worse.

I used to look forward to TW! I mean, this game is fun and TW is one of the reasons I still play.

So I was just curious if you folks were still having fun with lagfest TWs? Am I the only one feeling this way?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
Post edited by Defected - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the lag isnt as bad as archos for me, and my computer is a POS
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah, this aspect of TWs really sux now, even though my lag wasn't this time as bad as in west arch. Also playing few weeks in laptop which cant really handle west arch/tws really sux :P At least my client doesnt tend to crash... sure hope TWs arent concluded later on by the aspect who has the better connection/computer. And about targeting, I sure wasnt able to do any targeting if my target was moving (wants to use desktop!) :(
  • WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear
    WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have a very Fast PC and Ultra fast internet

but i was laggin so bad... dunno why...

i always play pwi with maxed Quality graphics in the usual days

but in TW i switched to lowest setting so lag like ****
    THE GOD OF SPEAR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The high lvl noob BMs i know ingame have ton of excuses : When they lost in duel, they say duel is nothing, and say PK is the real PVP, when they cant kill you in PK, they say BM vs BM PK = charm war, then they will say TW is the real PVP, in TW they say TW is about Teamwork so refuse to 1v1

So is that mean it never have a real fight for BM 1v1?
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

It helped me get a away from you once or twice. =]
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

no kidding. I blame the geniesb:sad
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Twilae - Heavens Tear
    Twilae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one feeling that way; I kept looking at the timer to see if it was all over yet, toward the middle of the battle I was lagging so badly I had to put it on the 'best performance' setting. Well... I couldn't see anyone until they were standing directly in front of me under that setting so I was really glad when TW finally ended. Even if it didn't end the way I wanted it to xD
  • KillerByte - Heavens Tear
    KillerByte - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So I was just curious if you folks were still having fun with lagfest TWs? Am I the only one feeling this way?

Well no you're not the only one, the reason I quit a couple of months ago was the post genie patch glitches and the lag in TW frustrated me so much that I nolonger enjoyed the game. Suprisingly the the memory leak still hasn't been fixed and even more cash shop items have been released, guess PWE's priorities are even more obvious now (as if they were ever in doubt)
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i never been tw on Ht. but i play tw maxed settings on Dreamweaver just fine =x. little bit lag but its nothing rly
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I agree with you defected. The lag wasn't too bad on the battles in the lane paths, but then when you were in our base, I had about 3 fps. I would start getting attacked then I would be dead before plume shell even channeled. Its getting a joke that PWE bring out mounts rather than fix lag in the one aspect keeping players in the game: TW
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Yunahh - Heavens Tear
    Yunahh - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It's actually kinda odd.
    I don't lag in tw as much, except when everyone enters the instance.
    I'm running an hp computer with a **** video card and it's pretty sad when your biggest fear is going to arch to pick up your dailies. Lag, screen freezes, the game memory leak. ;;_;;
    I don't want this to turn into MY =/

As for TW, I'm getting kinda bored with it. ._.
    This week though I took the weekend off to party ^_^
    (After only missing one TW in history :P)
    -Is currently in PA-

I can still do kegstands, in which I haven't tried in so long. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I be on my Seeker now.
    ign; Amairah
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have only lagged once in a TW and had a memory leak once but 90% of the time it runs perfect so u guys need to be nicer to the game and it will be nice to u b:chuckle or be lucky like me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear
    WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It helped me get a away from you once or twice. =]

really, i usually dont target BMs in tw. unless the bms i hate

but i dont hate you, so it was an accident =)

ADD: the other reasons

A) your character dont look like a BM at all, so i was targetting you XDD j/k

B) when i was casting Aoe, you ran to me
    THE GOD OF SPEAR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The high lvl noob BMs i know ingame have ton of excuses : When they lost in duel, they say duel is nothing, and say PK is the real PVP, when they cant kill you in PK, they say BM vs BM PK = charm war, then they will say TW is the real PVP, in TW they say TW is about Teamwork so refuse to 1v1

So is that mean it never have a real fight for BM 1v1?
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    yes they definetly need to work on something to fix the lag

if not they'll loose their core players to other games that have a better written code or something i dunno i'm no pc freak , just to another game with less lag
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lisette - Heavens Tear
    Lisette - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I agree with defected. The lag in tw is ridiculous now. I was almost glad when I was getting 3 fps at times, because at least then I could see some sort of action. I couldn't tell if the game was frozen or if I was stunned in most cases and when I found myself taking damage there was absolutely no way to react fast enough to plume shell/heal, kite, sleep etc.

Mostly I was waiting for the three hours to be up and wondering why I skipped a night out for this. And I run the game at max settings at all times.

PWI really needs to fix this problem and soon. TW is one of the things that attracts people to this game and keeps them here. I know for myself I pay wayy more than I would on a p2p to be here and thats only because of the TWs. If it's not fixed I'll save my money for new shoes and go pay 14.99/month somewhere else.
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hell yeah i agree.

I was thinking the same thing, **** was pissing me off. What's the point of TW if you cant even move and when your screen recovers your suddenly dead? I had EVERYTHING turned down even EFFECTS LOL, and still lagged. I had a 5 minute period. Pre-Genie TWs were never laggy for me, after Genies they ruined it. -_- WTG PW
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    my problem doesn't derive from "memory leaks". perfect world only uses 1 of my cpu cores for some reason. that problem leads to 1 single core being dedicated to pw, but it's not even enough to run the game properly. even with my video card and memory, it hurts to have terrain or shadows on anymore(i could never really play very well with water, anyways).

in tw, when there's 30~ people in 1 place(usually where i'm at, as a cart healer), it gets hard to keep up with all the moving people around me. last tw i was in, xfire said i had 4 fps. a few months ago i averaged over 20, even in 80v80 wars with everything but water detail on. i couldn't tw now to save my life(this guild i'm in doesn't tw yet anyways).

b:sad
  • Chansore - Heavens Tear
    Chansore - Heavens Tear Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    +1 to the OP. I just wanted it over in the last 1/2 hr. Would be nice if PWE actually invested in infrastructure and not garbage mounts. But hey they want $$$ not ppl to keep playing, thats become obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of United Lions Liberation Front
    not to be confused with the
    ..Liberators Movement for Lions
    or.....Lions United Front
    or........United Lions Front for Liberation of all Lions

Retired b:bye but still trolllinnnnnn
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If it's true that the lag was never so bad before genies were released then the solution really is rather simple.

Have them not be processed/rendered on lowest graphic setting...

After all not being able to see the other peoples' genies would not be a substantial disadvantage in comparison to the lag you describe. (3fps are you serious?)
  • Lisette - Heavens Tear
    Lisette - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If it's true that the lag was never so bad before genies were released then the solution really is rather simple.

Have them not be processed/rendered on lowest graphic setting...

After all not being able to see the other peoples' genies would not be a substantial disadvantage in comparison to the lag you describe. (3fps are you serious?)

I am playing with everything at the minimum, except distances as I need to see people in the tw field, but otherwise... Yeah, still lagged all to hell. b:surrender
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I cold be wrong but to me this seems to be an issue regarding the polygon count overloading peoples' CPU or GPU.
    (polygons are what make up 3D animations and tend to take considerable processing if they are complex)

The introduction of genies seem to have substantially increased the number of polygons that must be processed since they are a 3D construct.

What makes this issue bad is that none the viable graphics options available seem to reduce the fundamental amount of polygons that need to be rendered.
    Note: there is once option, and that is distance one, which should cut the polygon rendering simply by showing only those in a certain radius but this isn't a viable option in TW.
  • Lyxxx - Heavens Tear
    Lyxxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I dont understand why some players have so much lag, to the point of quitting the game, and others dont "suffer" from lag at all?

I am, by all means, no computer expert but if it was a client issue wouldnt everyone (with comparable PC specs) get the same problem?

Just being curious here, how many players suffering from lag are using Vista and what type of Internet connection do you have?
  • Celric - Heavens Tear
    Celric - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Tell you what.
    Caesar vs Enrage. - I recorded 32GB of LAG. I'll let cha know when compress, edit, and post it.
    It got so bad when I got to their base I had to stop recording.b:cry
    Year's have gone by.

Got Rice?
  • Lyxxx - Heavens Tear
    Lyxxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ooooh did you make me a videostar again b:cute **** will be so happy to hear about it b:chuckle
  • Wilzxen - Heavens Tear
    Wilzxen - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I dont understand why some players have so much lag, to the point of quitting the game, and others dont "suffer" from lag at all?

I am, by all means, no computer expert but if it was a client issue wouldnt everyone (with comparable PC specs) get the same problem?

Just being curious here, how many players suffering from lag are using Vista and what type of Internet connection do you have?

I'm using Vista and it doesn't seems to lag, even when running in West District in Archo. But I do get the occasional PWi Client crashing out, where before the genie release I never had that problem.
  • DrowRanger - Heavens Tear
    DrowRanger - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    vista too, no lag even in arch unless the system gives me that "crash client" message
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I was taking damage from nixes after I was dead. I think that says more about the nixes than the lag though. I mean, really? like 8 lines of damage AFTER the "you have been killed by XXXXXX's lag-induced-invisible nix"??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    For most of the recent Tao vs. Enrage battle I was fine. When I was inside a base or in the thick of the main battle on Path B it got kinda nasty but overall I was able to enjoy it. b:pleased

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Detharos - Heavens Tear
    Detharos - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It's quite problematic for me, but then again my PC is fail. 61 lucky point zeals in TW should be bannable. :(
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I AGREE WITH YA....NOT FUN.

Summer_Blush THANKS!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This is going a little bit too far.