Finally some JUSTICE>>>

BratFury - Heavens Tear
BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Ok so not everyone agrees on the wraith events. You have your "its not fair for the high levels to be there" opinions. And you have the "heck yeah its our right to be there" opinions.

Everyone has different thoughts and feelings about it. However by accident yesterday I stumbled into one of the wraith events on my cleric. Yes high lvls was there as always, yes low lvls was there as always. But I saw it in a light I had never quite seen it before.

Anyone who has seen my posts knows how I feel on the subject but that isn't what this one is about...

I saw this girl with 2 swords by her name. I have never been one to go into PK mode and know very little about it. When I asked her how she got them there, she said she had been pk'd. Then suddenly on the screen I see the one who PK her b:chuckle. From the conversation that ensued, I would assume that he'd done it quite a few times as she was in town and not out fighting.

When I left town is when I saw that there was wraiths there, anyways...

I then realized another reason that high level people come to wraith events. What more fun would it be if you are in PK mode then to find a bunch of people also in PK mode in the same spot and put the smack down on them in the middle of them fighting major battle? I can imagine this would be quite fun. I would still feel sorry for the lvl 30 and 40's being PK by lvl 60-80 but I can also understand how everyone seems to come out of hiding for a wraith event and how much fun that would be.

Am I still a carebear? Absolutely. Do I see wraith events in a different light now? Oh yes. I would like to see more PKing going on during wraith events, that was more fun for me to see than "attempting" to kill a mob before someone one shot it before I could kill it.

Justice... even the high levels in PK mode who one shot that killer wraith I was trying to attack... has someone always HUNTING them down!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BratFury - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Oakivy - Dreamweaver
    Oakivy - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Why would anyone lvl 30-40 go into PK mode during an event where it's guaranteed to have high lvl players?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Why would anyone lvl 30-40 go into PK mode during an event where it's guaranteed to have high lvl players?

So they can complain later that high levels are one-shotting them....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i can't help but wonder if you're mentally unstable.
  • BigDude - Harshlands
    BigDude - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I then realized another reason that high level people come to wraith events. What more fun would it be if you are in PK mode then to find a bunch of people also in PK mode in the same spot and put the smack down on them in the middle of them fighting major battle? I can imagine this would be quite fun. I would still feel sorry for the lvl 30 and 40's being PK by lvl 60-80 but I can also understand how everyone seems to come out of hiding for a wraith event and how much fun that would be.

Am I still a carebear? Absolutely. Do I see wraith events in a different light now? Oh yes. I would like to see more PKing going on during wraith events, that was more fun for me to see than "attempting" to kill a mob before someone one shot it before I could kill it.

Justice... even the high levels in PK mode who one shot that killer wraith I was trying to attack... has someone always HUNTING them down!

Glad to see you got a little dose of what Lost City and Harshlands wraith events are likeb:cute
  • luvs4play
    luvs4play Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What is considered "high-lvl?" I've been here 3ish weeks & having alot of fun; made 50ish in this time...
    What is a WraithEvent anyhow?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    high level is 99, low level is 79
  • Asdleree - Heavens Tear
    Asdleree - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Server Dependant Obviously,
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i can't help but wonder if you're mentally unstable.
    shes continously said she is man, i am too, but far worse off.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009

For teh lulz, why else? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Glad to see you got a little dose of what Lost City and Harshlands wraith events are likeb:cute

I've been to dozens of wraith events on LC and at least a half dozen on HL, and sure I've been pk'd a few times... but most of the times I've gone I haven't been attacked.

I just did a lvl 80+ wraith event on LC the other night and that was a blast. Didn't get much, but a normal mob that got in my way dropped a lvl78 mag ring with +3 mag +3 mage -3% channeling. So that was a pretty sweet payday.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wait, your justice is to pk the lower levels?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think maybe is saying,whoever you are theres going to be someone higher coming to get you...or something....
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
    edited June 2009
    But the high levels will pk the lower levels and more than likely succeed other than the other way around...

So as long as you're ubber high level then there won't be unless a whole faction or group is going for you.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited June 2009
    ....i'm really confused right now.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    And this ENTIRE idea rests on the fact that a level 40 will go into PK mode right in the middle of a random wraith event surrounded by 7 lvl 80+ PK parties who are waiting for the very likely chance that a level 40 will actually go into PK mode.
    No problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Absolute rubbish.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    absolute truth. you don't start meaning anything until after 79, and even then, you're still pretty useless. at 90 you become a factor, and at 99 you can bend down and let people kiss your ****.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    absolute truth. you don't start meaning anything until after 79, and even then, you're still pretty useless. at 90 you become a factor, and at 99 you can bend down and let people kiss your ****.

No, it actually is absolute rubbish.

Low level 1-50

50-79 mid level

80+ high level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    game starts at 59. leveling slows down mid 70s, so that's your mid game. then you start to matter at 90.

how did you get 80 as high?
    edited June 2009
    game starts at 59. leveling slows down mid 70s, so that's your mid game. then you start to matter at 90.

I mattered,i mattered b:cry
    edited June 2009

If you're slowing down at level 70, something is wrong.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Faerune - Lost City
    Faerune - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    OMG u PVE server ppl are so funny b:chuckle

make a char on lost city then come to just visit a wraith event, Don't be a lvl 3x tho cause u will be so yummyb:dirty

Wraith event= money and fun for us, so high lvls rush there, no other reason, and pk mode? what's thatb:puzzled
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    OMG u PVE server ppl are so funny b:chuckle

make a char on lost city then come to just visit a wraith event, Don't be a lvl 3x tho cause u will be so yummyb:dirty

Wraith event= money and fun for us, so high lvls rush there, no other reason, and pk mode? what's thatb:puzzled

i just chose a random server with a nice nameb:surrender
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    If you're slowing down at level 70, something is wrong.

when i turned 70 i got this horrible, horrible, terrible thing called a life. couldn't help myself.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    when i turned 70 i got this horrible, horrible, terrible thing called a life. couldn't help myself.

ok....? i see u still have it :Pb:chuckle
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:scorn the carebear servers have the worst complaints~~~~
    b:lipcurl
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:scorn the carebear servers have the worst complaints~~~~
    b:lipcurl

Ha b:laugh this amused me. I feel sorry for you.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited June 2009

b:puzzled Is that what they call spending all your time on the forums now adays.b:chuckleb:chuckle
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited June 2009

And I have college (spring, summer, fall, and winter) and a life too. Your point?
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    IMO on a PvE server, if you're level 30 and white named, I have no sympathy whatsoever. You choose to go white named and it even says "are you sure".

If you click it without knowing what it is then more fool you.
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance