Improvement on archer skills!

Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
Headshot_XD - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Archer
I'm still a n00b but here is a list of the skills that I think could be better.

blazing arrow- should have a chance to burn the target

frost arrow- should do water damage

Knockback arrow-should have a faster cooldown time

Aim low- shouldn't take a spark

and we should have some earth damage skills. Do you guys think these skill improvements would be good? b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There can be only one Lord of the Elves
And he does NOT SHARE POWER!!!!
Post edited by Headshot_XD - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I don't know what to say about all of the skill, but knock-back should really have a lower cooldown ( 5-6 sec ), as it wouldn't get archers any over powering options with this. But it would help in grind : some times 12 sec cooldown can get in your way!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImAGuy_ - Sanctuary
    ImAGuy_ - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sage version of Frost Arrow already does water damage ...

For the rest it's useless archer skills are good enough and don't need improvement.
  • Cal - Harshlands
    Cal - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i would love it if the knockback arrow doesnt miss in pve. (anyways its useless in pvp)
    By the power of the alt lord ....
    I am ALT-MAN b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm still a n00b but here is a list of the skills that I think could be better.

blazing arrow- should have a chance to burn the target

frost arrow- should do water damage

Knockback arrow-should have a faster cooldown time

Aim low- shouldn't take a spark

and we should have some earth damage skills. Do you guys think these skill improvements would be good? b:laugh

if you think archer skills need improvement, you should really try another class, prolly game :).
    No improvement will be added to chars in this game, not now, not ever.
    Genie system was introduced instead of that. You basically have a genie skill for everything. Learn to use the brain too while playing. This game is quite balanced, not at every possible lvl (read low lvls), but it is at high lvls. A while ago I was thinking wizard needs a makeover...but played with some brain, actually doesn't need anything, it's just fine as it is. Genie skills just made it easier.
    Each class has a thing( or a few things) that does really well. Learn to use that to cover weaknesses, don't wait for developers to modify a class cause you're to lazy to learn how to build/play a balanced char.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cpx - Harshlands
    Cpx - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No improvement will be added to chars in this game, not now, not ever.
    That is not totally true. They added the improvements to a couple barbarian skills and I can't quite remember if it was true or not, but I believe they said other classes might get a few changes too. Although, that might of been another person who said it so it might not be credible.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    yeah, that might be wishfull thinking.
    Honestly, I think they will rather add/change genie skill than change a base class skill.
    Reason: not everyone benefits from the genie one so it's not a biggie, but everyone will benefit a base skill, and a base skill will actually change the whole game mechanics. Too much test/time is needed to be sure is not OP one class against another, not worth the investment.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Jeez Ursa you need to calm down, i was just saying how I think the skills should be improved; and as CPx said they have already imrpoved skills for barb. So they could do it for the archer if they want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So you've listed 4 already highly useful and great skills in their respective field, and asked for those to have an improvement?

Granted, 1 spark may seem expensive for a single shot, but it earns it by its usefulness. Frost Arrow? Well, it's already as useful as necessary, water damage comes by Sage and you probably know that. Nothing wrong there...

Honestly, in general this seems pretty stupid. Knockback is almost always ready for each mob to use at least once at the right time, but a lower cool would be nice I guess. And burn the target? Is that some sort of joke? We all get increased/improved attack buffs of some sort. You want them all to be DoTs?

If there should be any improvements in Archer skills, it should be Stormrage FIRST. The most fail skill in PW.

I would add that many skills should be adapted to be 'just as useful' in higher levels with percentages rather than base damage/absolute numbers. Not only for archer in general, but that really is silly.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i'd like one of the 79 skills to make you not miss for a duration :D
  • Robotic - Lost City
    Robotic - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree in the case of Knockback Arrow. Its long cooldown makes it useless for increased life/deffence mobs. You knock them back once and imediately theyre back up on you attacking, and you can't do much against it. Sure, metal damage skills are full attack close range, but it'd just be nice if knockback was faster to cool down: maybe halved, because after 6 seconds if the mob is still alive, chances are they're close to you.

Then again, isn't there a genie knockback skill? Not sure, but there might be, and maybe that would be used in this instance.
    ROFLMAOMGb:shocked
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree in the case of Knockback Arrow. Its long cooldown makes it useless for increased life/deffence mobs. You knock them back once and imediately theyre back up on you attacking, and you can't do much against it. Sure, metal damage skills are full attack close range, but it'd just be nice if knockback was faster to cool down: maybe halved, because after 6 seconds if the mob is still alive, chances are they're close to you.

Then again, isn't there a genie knockback skill? Not sure, but there might be, and maybe that would be used in this instance.

Oh yea, why not do that? Lets make us OP in PvE. Because that would really do that, we already have good chance not to get hit, but with 6 sec cooldown....
    I kill things b:victory
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if aim low didn't need spark we would be even more deadly in pvp and even pve

and really, burn? who even uses DoT skills? and besides it's a buff not an attack how would it do burn?
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • Robotic - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Oh yea, why not do that? Lets make us OP in PvE. Because that would really do that, we already have good chance not to get hit, but with 6 sec cooldown....

OP? Not sure what that means, but I get the basic gist of your sarcastic response. I don't really care what the chances are of not getting hit; I'm introducing an idea of how to make something better. Am I or am I not entitled to my opinion? I believe I am. Did this poster introduce the subject of improvements? Yes, I think he did. So you can disagree with me about how I think a skill can be improved, it really doesn't matter because it's my own opinion. Kthx
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    there is a difference between better and overpowered that you seem to miss.
    How about making the Wizz sutra use only 1 spark? I think you'll yell your lungs out about wizzies being overpowered when being pwned by a sutra+tempest without even knowing what happened to you.
    Improvement are always good if they don't change the class balance. Make a class usefull giving a buff that helps others in party or stuff like that. When you talk about increasing the attk power of one class only just because "We would be even more deadly in pve and pvp"....I mean, come one.
    Go play on a Archer only server, then you can have whatever skills u want.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    OP? Not sure what that means, but I get the basic gist of your sarcastic response. I don't really care what the chances are of not getting hit; I'm introducing an idea of how to make something better. Am I or am I not entitled to my opinion? I believe I am. Did this poster introduce the subject of improvements? Yes, I think he did. So you can disagree with me about how I think a skill can be improved, it really doesn't matter because it's my own opinion. Kthx

op = overpowered i think

aim low freezes opponent for 8 seconds, it's only fair that it uses spark like axe bm's stun. if it didn't we would just be twice as good at pve than we already are

even without aim low we kill so fast that we never get hit so why take away aim low's spark requirement?
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    So it'd make for ridiculously easy grinding for him I guess? Ok, killing loads of mobs over and over, you tend to want it easier... but there's a limit man. It needs to be a bit challenging. I'm gonna guess you're one of those console players who always put the difficulty on "Very Easy". Nothing wrong with casual gaming, but some people want a bit of a challenge at least.

______

To lower level Archers in desperate need of a Knockback, I'd recommend getting any Genie at all with no care on the lucky points or anything, level it to 5 with spare spirit, and keep Earthquake at Lv1. Only need 2 ET affinity. I had it on my old genie, but it was Lv8 and ALWAYS knocked back. It doesn't say knockback chance improves by level, so if it really doesn't... cheap knockback for you.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Yes. With archer skills get improved then balance gets off too much.
    I dont say we dont need to improve any skill, but knocback and buffs are really good as they are now.
    Aim low with no spark is just unfair for everyone else.

Atm PvE wise we are best out there in 1v1 fights. DPS may be about same as wizzy on single mobs, but with right gear we outdamage them.

At PvP I cant comment, but still... When you`ll play more you will understand that Archers are good as they are.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Atm PvE wise we are best out there in 1v1 fights. DPS may be about same as wizzy on single mobs, but with right gear we outdamage them
    OT and don't want to start a flame war, but with right gear ( namely channeling up to about...20%) we still are on par. True, much much harder and expensive for a wizz to get to -20% than for an archer to improve the DPS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    OT and don't want to start a flame war, but with right gear ( namely channeling up to about...20%) we still are on par. True, much much harder and expensive for a wizz to get to -20% than for an archer to improve the DPS.

Yeah, thats the point, I know there was some threads about DPS out there, also I know that Wizzy still 3(?) shot mobs? As far as I remember it was a draw in that discussion.
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think a shorter cooldown on knockback is unnecessary because 1 knockback per mob suficient enough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Robotic - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    there is a difference between better and overpowered that you seem to miss.
    How about making the Wizz sutra use only 1 spark? I think you'll yell your lungs out about wizzies being overpowered when being pwned by a sutra+tempest without even knowing what happened to you.
    Improvement are always good if they don't change the class balance. Make a class usefull giving a buff that helps others in party or stuff like that. When you talk about increasing the attk power of one class only just because "We would be even more deadly in pve and pvp"....I mean, come one.
    Go play on a Archer only server, then you can have whatever skills u want.

Sorry, does knockback have any effect in PvP? Don't think so. All I'm saying is to shorten the cooldown of a skill for grinding; one that doesn't even effect anything in PvP and therefore has no effect on the class balance you're so worried about. Don't get all worked up, it won't make you die any faster if an archer uses knockback arrow twice instead of once..there's much better skills for killing wizzies faster.

And it's not even a matter about making the archer stronger, and it would barely effect our "deadlyness" in PvE or PvP. Maybe make things easier for PvE, but PvE knockback isnt even used, and I'm only saying to shorten the cooldown. 12 seconds for a cooldown on a skill that keeps the mob away from you (which is the entire point of a ranged class: to keep the mob away and kill it, is it not?) is a bit rediculous. I'm not saying MAKE ARCHERS 10x DEADLIER AND GIVE US NEW SKILLS THAT ROCK WIZZIES WORLDS! I'm simply saying to shorten one skill's drastic cooldown, because most mobs are dead by 12 seconds..
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    No, you didnt get the point, with less cooldown it makes us OP in PvE, PvE is part off game, and I dont get why we need to fix if its not broken. It would be nice to use it all the time, mobs wont touch us at all, but where is the fun when they barely do it already? Yea grinding is meant to be fast and effective, but this would be ridiculous. If you are concerned with them getting to you I am shore Genie can offer you AoE knocback too. Get that one, get Wingspan, you will have 3 knocback skills. That should be enough shouldnt it?

And we are not meant to keep it away, just kill it. Kill as fast as you can, but only single mob, if you want AoE your **** off go try out BM.
  • Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    [
    So it'd make for ridiculously easy grinding for him I guess? Ok, killing loads of mobs over and over, you tend to want it easier... but there's a limit man. It needs to be a bit challenging. I'm gonna guess you're one of those console players who always put the difficulty on "Very Easy". Nothing wrong with casual gaming, but some people want a bit of a challenge at least.

I'm not a casual gamer, Dude you should see me on Halo 3 I totally own online and I've completed on legendary. I've been owning at console games since I was ten. And guys c'mon no need to get so mad, I just made a few suggestions, as I said I'm a n00b. Your responses don't need to be so angry. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    [

I'm not a casual gamer, Dude you should see me on Halo 3 I totally own online and I've completed on legendary. I've been owning at console games since I was ten. And guys c'mon no need to get so mad, I just made a few suggestions, as I said I'm a n00b. Your responses don't need to be so angry. b:surrender

I said I don't find anything wrong with casual gaming didn't I? Don't brag and preach to me getting all defensive. I really couldn't care less how many 10 year old kids you kill on Halo 3. That's off topic.

I don't want to have to repeat myself, but my point is, your ideas are practically void and I've already said why. Knockback is the only thing making a reasonable discussion.
  • hellteddy
    hellteddy Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Kusider, could you give the kid a break already?
    His skill ideas may not be that great, still theres no need to get so worked up about it...
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Worked up? Because I don't include a teddy at the end of my post and I get straight to the point? Where do you get off tellin' me what to do? I can do that too. How about you shut up bumping old threads with absolutely no input whatsoever. See?

I saw the ideas, then I gave my input. I thought his ideas were practically void, he didn't. It didn't even fully go off topic until you posted.
  • hellteddy
    hellteddy Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    you're an ******* really, but i guess most ppl already tell you so.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    for grinding purposes we have it easy enough. press 1 button, roll face over keyboard, and click on loot to pick it up...seriously...

what would be nice would be if sharpened tooth not miss on bosses...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    hellteddy wrote: »
    Kusider, could you give the kid a break already?
    His skill ideas may not be that great, still theres no need to get so worked up about it...

Actually it was weird that he throw in other game and told us he is not casual player. So I take Kusider side.

As for sharptooth ya, it would be great if it wouldnt miss on bosses. But then again it would be cool if it didnt miss at all!:D