Anyone know whats up with this? o__O
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Narriru - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Agilaz - Dreamweaver
    Agilaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I was wondering that too. o.O

I've seen one as well yesterday. But she was riding a panther so I thought it's just a graphic error.
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    h4x b:shocked
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if you choose the fox veno with the fluffy tail and change the skin color, look at the tail...

there's also a way to make only the tail change the color, but that's not legal so I won't tell.. <.<
    someone had luck with using the character creation and the skin color didn't change (I saw a thread about it, askin if that is legal).

that's all I will tell.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ear/Tail color mods are illegal, but there's a glitch for the Fluffy fox veno that changes the tail color to a sort of black. Heard about it where Flauschkatze did. It's similar to the "only the face color changes" glitch that you'll see on some venos. Where the face tone doesn't match the rest of the body. Since it's a glitch that happens without altering the game code, it isn't illegal per se. But if you end up with a character like that, the mods seem to prefer that you submit a ticket to let them know that you didn't **** the client to get the color. Otherwise when other people report you for an alternate color you can get banned.

Modifying the client code to achieve color changes, or using third party software to do so, is illegal and results in banning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Oh, I see, thank you all for your replies :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ear/Tail color mods are illegal, but there's a glitch for the Fluffy fox veno that changes the tail color to a sort of black. Heard about it where Flauschkatze did. It's similar to the "only the face color changes" glitch that you'll see on some venos. Where the face tone doesn't match the rest of the body. Since it's a glitch that happens without altering the game code, it isn't illegal per se. But if you end up with a character like that, the mods seem to prefer that you submit a ticket to let them know that you didn't **** the client to get the color. Otherwise when other people report you for an alternate color you can get banned.

Modifying the client code to achieve color changes, or using third party software to do so, is illegal and results in banning.

This usually happens when the LOM and full character models switch/change, and the character model has a darker color (like, you see a pale veno in the distance, and when you come near she turns dark). A small consequence from the lowered graphics...
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    what i want to know is why it is so freaking hard to change the skin tone on the 'fox tail' venos (as opposed to the 'dog/wolf tail' venos-bigger ears/flat tail underside). i have been struggling for months to change the skin tone on any of mine, and they all are the pale skintone. even writing tickets about it doesnt help...they dont get it either. seems to be a random glitch-my daughter doesnt have the problem if she makes a fox tail veno, but i do. all that happens when i try to alter the skin tone is change the face, the rest of the body stays the same (tail colour-no change, btw, though that would be kind of interesting). it makes me nuts to have this ghost like paleness on my main character, while my cat and wolves have nice healthy tans or have dark skins....

wish i knew what to do!b:cry

if you choose the fox veno with the fluffy tail and change the skin color, look at the tail...

there's also a way to make only the tail change the color, but that's not legal so I won't tell.. <.<
    someone had luck with using the character creation and the skin color didn't change (I saw a thread about it, askin if that is legal).

that's all I will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Viprae - Sanctuary
    Viprae - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    what i want to know is why it is so freaking hard to change the skin tone on the 'fox tail' venos (as opposed to the 'dog/wolf tail' venos-bigger ears/flat tail underside). i have been struggling for months to change the skin tone on any of mine, and they all are the pale skintone. even writing tickets about it doesnt help...they dont get it either. seems to be a random glitch-my daughter doesnt have the problem if she makes a fox tail veno, but i do. all that happens when i try to alter the skin tone is change the face, the rest of the body stays the same (tail colour-no change, btw, though that would be kind of interesting). it makes me nuts to have this ghost like paleness on my main character, while my cat and wolves have nice healthy tans or have dark skins....

wish i knew what to do!b:cry

Easiest way to fix that is to open your PWI folder, assuming the path hasn't changed since I installed the client, it should be

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\character\customize\31

31 = venomancer preset folder.

Go to the makeover screen or new character screen, change to the skin tone you want/etc and save it with the name of something you can remember, ie MyVeno. Go to the folder listed above and look for that preset, open it in notepad. Scroll down to the bottom of the notepad to the [color] section. Copy the color number for the face and go a little further down to the [body] section. Replace the number for the colorBody and make it match the number for colorFace. Save the changes go in game and load the preset. Should be able to match your face with body like that. ^^
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    notepad. Scroll down to the bottom of the notepad to the [color] section. Copy the color number for the face and go a little further down to the [body] section. Replace the number for the colorBody and make it match the number for colorFace. Save the changes ^^

You can be banned if you use notepad (or anything else other than the game itself) to change game files.
  • Viprae - Sanctuary
    Viprae - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You can be banned if you use notepad (or anything else other than the game itself) to change game files.

Maybe if you're altering your character in an illegal way sure, changing your skin color to the color of your face... What's someone gonna do? Report you for having a face the same color as your body?

Also, they're presets not game files. Actual game files would require a lot more effort to alter. ^^
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    any alteration of game files is illegal. editting the INI's of the presets is illegal. using tha game to change them is not.
  • Kunomi - Heavens Tear
    Kunomi - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've done it once XD /change the color of the tail and the color of the hair/
    Sure it looked awesome b:pleased buuut I could have gotten banned so I stopped playing with that char XD
  • CharleSXavyR - Archosaur
    CharleSXavyR - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If change the Fluffy/Poufy tailed veno's face to pure black,that veno's tail on that body goes to black too-However,the body and ears WONT change,I created Skunk venos,but only way those was done was with normal veno with white hair and black body,_Normal tails & earsb:sad PWI should include 1 new veno updates-> convert the venos ears and tails with SKUNK ears & *white striped black tail*, I dont see why this wouldnt be perfect idea,venos use poison biological gas attacks alreadyb:chuckle b:thanks
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Closed for one hell of a necro.
This discussion has been closed.