The Faction Ragnarok?

Garmr - Harshlands
Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
Earlier today I tried making a guild but the name I was hoping for, Ragnarok, had already been taken. I've been playing for a few months now and never saw this name in use. Has anyone seen any Ragnarok members here on Harshlands, or know if it might still be active somewhere?

And if it's a dead guild where the leader is gone, does anyone know how to get special characters into the Faction naming box? I want to spell it right with the umlaut. But on my ingame screen it just shows a box.
Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
Post edited by Garmr - Harshlands on

Comments

• Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmm.. the name sounds really familiar, but I can't recall a specific time where I saw a member. Maybe it was really early on in the server.

Sometimes, players will level an alt up to 20, and create a guild name that they really like just to reserve it for later on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayreon - Harshlands
    Ayreon - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've seen their lowbie Leader running around before on more than one occasion. The guild is still in use but by rather inactive players.
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Thank you, Juggernaut and Ayreon.

Ayreon, do you recall how to spell the leader's name? I'd like to contact them to see if I might be able to obtain the guild from them.

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

• Garmr - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Hoping someone can tell me the names of some Ragnarok members, especially the Leader's name, if possible.

Either that or how to make the umlaut appear in a Faction name. The Faction NPC does not like my naming skills XD

• XSucubusX - Harshlands
    XSucubusX - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    can i join ur fation iff u get it active it sound scandinavien wish is where i live
    (sweden) b:dirty it sound cool
  • Scarlet - Harshlands
    Scarlet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    can i join ur fation iff u get it active it sound scandinavien wish is where i live
    I could've almost said 'BR', but that is entirely inappropriate to your, er, origin.
  • XSucubusX - Harshlands
    XSucubusX - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ty Scarlet b:kiss Tee hee
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    edited June 2009

If I'm able to get ahold of the faction name, yes, it will become active. And I'll be accepting members who want to be active too.

If I'm not able to get this faction name and the other option my Leader and I are working on falls through, I'll be making a new faction and still following the same plan.

I'd just lose the literary reference of "Ragnarok Leader Garmr" that I'm hoping for XD

For those who don't know, Garmr is the hound whose howl signals the coming of Ragnarok, when Fenrisulfr, the chained wolf, breaks his fetters and the end of the gods begins. 'tis from Norse mythology which would be why it sounds fairly Swedish ;) As a disclaimer, I'm from the US and have only a little Norse blood in me from way back. But having a hound's howl usher in the end of the world is just too appealing for me to have passed up :)

• Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    wow nvm, whats up with not being able to post with non-english characters?
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    We can't even post them here on the forums now?

I know it was possible at one point to get them into faction names - there are some with kanji and Dishy had a faction last week with this odd little symbol.

• HoroHito - Harshlands
    HoroHito - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well it says on the ToS that you cant use any language other than english on forum. so maybe they disabled it.
    ill let you know if i happen to see a Ragnarok anywhere. and ill get a name too ^^