Basic Guide To Zhen Parties

Bullseye - Dreamweaver
Bullseye - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I don't have an exact thought process as I type this but I know some of you are getting to the level that you are beginning to get interested in zhen leveling. This style of grinding can be costly depending on your class but is very efficient in earning exp!

On that note, let's get started.

First thing's first; What is a zhen party?

A zhen party is simply a squad full of people that use Area of Effect (AoE) skills to kill a mass number of mobs at one time. The length of the party is decided in increments of 1 hour because of Training Esotericas. In one hour of zhen, depending on your level, you can earn between 15% and 35% per hour.

Who should I invite to a zhen party?

Getting a squad together is more or less personal preference. You need a squad of 4-6 people consisting of at least 1 Cleric (with Blue Bubble skill), 2 Damage Dealers (Archer with Barrage of Arrows or Wizard with Dragon's Breath skill), and at least 1 Lurer (either Barbarian or someone with a riding mount). *NOTE* The Cleric and DDs MUST have a Gold Spirit Charm and a Bronze Guardian Charm is optional for survival.

What mobs should I zhen on?

The mobs you are looking for to zhen on are those that have no magic attacks. They must be purely physical attack melee mobs. Here are a few of the most popular:

Seaweed Thief -- Level 72 -- Sanctuary -- Player lvl 59+
Chief Assassin -- Level 80 -- Nightscream Island near Dreamweaver Port -- Player lvl 64+
Rockenwolf -- Level 84 -- Land of the Burning Heart -- Player lvl 68+
Spiders (Unsure of exact name) -- Level 89 -- Near Camp of Intrepid -- Player lvl 74+

How do I set up the zhen party?

Make sure the Damage Dealers and Cleric all have full Chi (or at least 2 sparks). Damage Dealers should stand in a circle around the cleric and decently close to the cleric as well. **Note: Archers and Magic users should be on opposite sides of the cleric because of melee range damage being reduced by half.** If there are any archer DD, the cleric must duel the archer and let the archer win. During the duel, the archer uses Barrage of Arrows to win and just waits for the rest of the squad. When the archers are set up, the cleric uses Blue Bubble and Wizards use Dragon's Breath. The lurers go pull the mobs to the zhen party!

What are some things to know when luring?

Lurers control how well the party works so PAY ATTENTION. As the lurer, run past the mobs you are trying to pull. Get as many as you can and bring them to the Blue Bubble. Here are some tips to know for luring:

1) When you aggro a mob, you have 10 seconds to get in range of the blue bubble before you lose aggro. You can do AoE skills to keep aggro as you make your way back to the bubble or count to 10 from first aggro and get back as soon as possible. A good way to do this is start from the back of the spawn and lure on your way to the Blue Bubble.

2) For fast luring --- When you bring the mobs back to the blue bubble, you only need to bring them to where your character is affected by "Bless" from the Blue Bubble which will take aggro of the mobs when you get healed.

3) DON'T FORGET TO LOOT ITEMS!

Are there any last things you'd like to mention?

Yes here is a checklist of little reminders.

Archers - Buy Plenty of arrows, zhen takes about 5000 arrows per hour.

Everyone - Don't forget to repair all your gear before starting.
- Don't forget to use Training Esotericas upon impact of the first lure.

*If there is anything you think I should include or that I forgot, please post here.*

Have fun and good luck with zhenning!

**This guide is permitted to be used on any forum as long as credit goes to the author, BullsEye of PWI Dreamweaver server**

Below is a screenshot of a zhen party...I'll post a better one when I can, but for now this will give you the basic idea. I'd like to point out that the blue bubble cleric is in the middle of us even though you can barely see it with all the colors and lights! xD

ZhenExample.jpg

ZhenExample2.jpg
Post edited by Bullseye - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• BelleFemme - Harshlands
    BelleFemme - Harshlands Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I refuse to read your post because your dumbass green writing almost made me blind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thank you for this. I knew what a zhen party was in concept, but your explanation clears up how it's done. b:thanks
  • Lilcherryb - Heavens Tear
    Lilcherryb - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    good zhen guide.
    props to youu b:thanks
  • Heix - Lost City
    Heix - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    When you have lvls of 67-70 and ur zhenning at Seaspray Bladewolfs with full party( 2 clerics - 2 DD and 2 lurers - should 1 Cleric use RB ?
    Also checked RockenWolfs witht he coords pwdatabase gave and there were just a few of them, didnt see any good spots for zhen
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    Sleekit - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There's one here in a color that doesn't make the eyes bleed.
  • Bullseye - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    ROFLMAO It's pretty amusing to see all the complaining and crying over a font color. Dont like it, dont read it; simple as that. As for those of you that are benefiting from this guide, I was happy to post it.

@Heix -- Seasprays are level 78 mobs so honestly red bubble isn't required but it definitely would help. In that case, make sure the archers have a few more arrows than usual because of the increased attack rate.
    As far as the Rockenwolves go, there is a rather nice collection of them just southeast of Immolation Camp. I'll get the coordinates as soon as I can for you.
  • Heix - Lost City
    Heix - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I was thinking more about the faster killings of them = more xp, even thought thats only if lurers are good to have lots in all the times, done ~6hrs of zhenning so far and without RB we still have some empty AoEs
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    ROFLMAO It's pretty amusing to see all the complaining and crying over a font color. Dont like it, dont read it; simple as that.

You mean two whole comments?

NP, I didn't.

Your omgtoughguy post fails anyways, since you went ahead and changed the color.
  • Bullseye - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    1) Yeah I changed the font color because I am a courteous player. As for your smartass comments, please flex your e-muscles somewhere else. There's no reason for you to post useless comments that do not have any relevance to my guide.

2) If you didn't read it and I'm sure you're about to say that you "dont care" what I have to say, but why come back to a forum thread that you obviously have no interest in? So when you can find a better reason to post here other than trying to waste time and increase your useless posting count, I shall expect you to not reply to what I've said.

3) @Heix -- Red bubble is useful don't get me wrong, but there are some big aggro issues with using it. So clerics have to be especially careful in their timing while casting the skill.
  • qsimpson12
    qsimpson12 Posts: 3
    edited June 2009
    can you have 2 BB and they work together efficently?
  • Bullseye - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Well with 2 BB we run into this problem; the blue bubble's decrease of damage taken (bless) doesn't stack. So, the only advantage to having 2 BB is that if you time it right, you can get healed from each of them.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Change the colour please, its blinding.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Bullseye - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    It's white on black...you have got to be kidding me... Maybe you should make an appointment with your local Optometrist.

Here...no more color changes after this...I'll put it on the default. The point of the post is the guide - who cares about the font color!?
  • proximus1
    proximus1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What do you think about Venos doing Zhen?
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Change the colour please, its blinding.
    LOL.

10chars
  • Bullseye - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Venos are able to zhen...as a DD or as a puller...but as a DD most venos only get accepted into private BM parties. As a puller a Veno should probably have a mount due to the lack of physical defense so you need to be able to avoid getting hit.
  • Ejaz - Dreamweaver
    Ejaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmm correction... they follow you for 15 seconds. Aggro holds for 15 seconds. Not 10. Thank you very much :)

Tested it a couple of times and I'm correct since I use Alter physical marrow and the cooldown is 15 secs. I start it right before I get aggro and once I'm able to use it again I lose aggro almost right after I can use it again.

That is all.
  • Rygeor - Sanctuary
    Rygeor - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hmm, Just wanted to let ya know I know a good zhen mob outside Sirely Wire Camp.
    (Sorry if the monster spelling is off
    Courger Master at Arms (lvl 82)
    Ive zhenned on these a couple of times (squad average of lvl 65 BTW) and only have one concern if anyone is willing to try this mob. Avoid pulling the Grinning Cougerat(lvl87). It has a ranged attack and can tear your squad to shreads. (took us about 5 or so minutes to kill it inside the AoE & with a puller fighting it)
    Hope this helps b:pleased
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Need some good zhen locations after lv90 T_T RB takes too long
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Hamburgler - Lost City
    Hamburgler - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I found this guide very useful, regardless of the color. Cant wait to start Zhen on my archer when it hits 60 in 4 long levels.
  • Bullseye - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    The cougaret master at arms are actually difficult to zhen off of because they are spread out and respawn time is a bit slow... But land of the burning heart is a great place to zhen.

Rebirth is the best way to level. Yes it sucks you have to be committed for 3 hours but in gamma, if you complete it, you can receive about 1.6 million experience which is amazing. That's over 500k exp per hour.

Zhenning around level 90 is a) hard to find a squad, b) not worth the money/time spent for most people....but you can zhen on the level 101 Basilisks near Sandsong Village. I've heard (not confirmed personally) that you can probably set up zhen inside of heaven or hell...but that's just speculation and I dont know for sure yet.
  • Rygeor - Sanctuary
    Rygeor - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    eh, My cougaret masters are good for me. I know where a large group of em hang around.
    o.O Rebirths. Ive never been on one but have been playing to find some people to show me the ropes.
  • Xiehr - Lost City
    Xiehr - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Has anybody tried grinding on Nivastok Sheildbearer (Level 92 Metal mob in Avalanche Ridge)? They are melee so I've heard, and at some points very dense. However, because they are extremely high level, I would think that two clerics would be a good idea, one to BB and one to RB. Also, because of the elemental advantage that Dragon's Breath (Wizard's zhen skill), doing this with two wizzards would be attempted although the wiz/archer is always good for sharing aggro. Also, two pullers with high p.def and charms.