Auction House pay cut?

Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
I've had a couple of items that I've sold in the auction house that the coin came back at a much lower amount then what I put them in for.

Such as: Starting bid: 40,000, Buying Price: 65,000, 24hrs to sell.

I get mail saying that my item sold 4hrs after starting. The coin it sold for was 38,000. How could it sell in less then 24hrs for far less then the buying price? b:sad

Has anyone else had this problem? A few people in my guild have also had this issue It's not the 1st time this has happened to me and I'm just curious if anyone else is having an issue?

Yeah, I know, screen shot and submit. I'm just curious how many are having the same problem.
Post edited by Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Theres a tax of 5% (somewhere there) of your sale.

Ex. you sell for 100000 buy out. Someone buys it, you get 95000coins back.

my bad, missed a zero. well, that worked for the infamous 328535645million coins that was deleted from the server.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I sell for 10k and then get 95k?! hot-diggidy damn, next stop AH!
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Sorry about that. I'll clarify. Excluding the Tax. (which is pretty bad, have to pay to put it in and get taxed afterwards ". . . please pull up to the next window . . .") b:laugh

What I'm talking about is getting less then half of what your buying price was before the time limit has ended.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A. it couldve been another item that sold.
    B. you couldve made a typo.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If your buy it now price was 65,000 then you should have received 61750 when it sold. If you came out with half that then you should definitely send in a ticket. I've not heard of anyone having this problem. But I don't pay attn. I just assume its right and go on.

Sorry about that. I'll clarify. Excluding the Tax. (which is pretty bad, have to pay to put it in and get taxed afterwards ". . . please pull up to the next window . . .") b:laugh

What I'm talking about is getting less then half of what your buying price was before the time limit has ended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009

How long had the auction been up before it ended, and are you sure you selected the 24 hour option?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    I always put items up for the 24hrs spot (better chance of higher bids b:laugh ) and as I stated, this isn't the first time it's happened to me.

And it's happened to at least 2 other guildes that I know of. One wasn't that long ago, he put in a jacket at 300,000 coin bid and buy price. It sold about 2hrs later for around 150,000 coins.

I do find it odd that you can't use the in-game camera to screen shot while the auction house menus are open. I'm just going to have to print screen all my sales from now on to cover myself and see where things go from there.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You can take screenshots of everything in game, Auction House open, whatever.

They are put in the

C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots

If that is the directory that you installed the game into.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Please remove ah taxb:surrender

It will make pw a better place for all...please
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009

They are put in the

C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots

darthpanda? but ur a wolf b:puzzled
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009

They are put in the

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong then. I've tried it several times. I go into the auction, then press F9 and nothing. The camera menu doesn't show up at all.

Only thing I came up with was to use PRTSC. Now that works no matter what. But I can't get the "in-game" camera to go when I have auction house open. Something in my setup perhaps? Any suggestions?
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    its not just this dude, theres a ton of people complaining about it in WC lately, make a post in technical support, and file a ticket, and tell them there are complaints of it on my server too :P.
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmm I believe I was hit also. Had a ring up for 200k starting price and 400k end price and I'm pretty sure I put it in this morning for 24 hours. Got it back recently and got a mail saying the auction was a success and I got 180/190k from it =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It happened to me a while back. I was selling a Solarslayer for around a million and got about half of it (before the time limit was reached). The original source of this coin was real money.
  • Jackburro - Heavens Tear
    Jackburro - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yup, happened to me too. I like to give a fair price (real not imagined) for all my things but to sell 3 star lvl 9 armor for 38k? I made no mistakes, there is nothing I forgot to do...oh and I paid over 100k above my bid for something in AH b:cry, I will continue to use AH in the hopes that PWI does not go belly up. I know huffing glue is cheaper but is so hard to kick the PWI habit...rant, go ahead, I'm in the mood (glenn miller)...rant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]What is the worst thing that can happen?
  • Kohlyka - Heavens Tear
    Kohlyka - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Oh wow, maybe I should read better when I'm in the AH. I always knew about the fee to set up the auction but I never noticed that there was a tax for when it sells too. Now THAT is a hidden fee and very not nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This is why we need to be able to see who we are buying from and selling to.

Even more than this, I am wondering if the buyer is buying at the buy it now price or if they are getting it for the starting price? How much is the buyer paying? Is that messed up too?

Or is the auction house just getting 3/4 of what your sale is and the buyer and selling kinda getting jipped? Would be interesting to figure it out.

Anyone know if the buyer is paying full amount or just the starting price?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hasn't happened to me yet. b:surrender

But then again, I'm the only LC to post so far...b:question

*sigh* There are still taxes! Even in a Perfect World b:cry

I can't escape it!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhou_Yu - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    A friend helped me with the in-game camera problem I was having. b:laugh Open the camera option FIRST. then go into the auction. Wow, talk about embarrassing. b:surrender