LA Cleric Help

Options
asphyx1a
asphyx1a Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Cleric
Hi guys and girls.
I REALLY messed up my cleric, and I really want to be an LA.
He has: 134 magic, 31 vitality, 21 strength, and 5 Dexterity.

Could someone please tell me how to fix this without using a reset scroll?
Like.... How many points would I have to put into strength and Dexterity in order for me to be this build: 3 Magic, 1 strength, 1 Dexterity.

I know that the vitality thing is messing me up, but I could reset that later when i get the money. Right now I just want to be an LA.
T-T

Please help.

P.S.
Im a lvl 36.
Post edited by asphyx1a on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You cannot fix without reset scroll.

LA build has no room for vit. It is strictly: 3 mag, 1 str and 1 dex per level.

Even if you threw all attributes into dex over the next few level's you would still not be able to where your level armor because of the missing points put into vit.

Besides...its not like your build is off for a hybrid build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • asphyx1a
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thats why I would fix vitality later when i can afford it. What I want to do right now is see if there is a way to semi-fix myself.

Like.... I won't be perfect until I am able to erase Vitality and use those points for dex and str. But, is there a temporary option that I can do to temporarily make my character Semi-LA?

I know I wouldn't be able to wear the best armor for my lvl yet, but I just want to start fixing my character.
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    want advise? don't go LA. it sucks for clerics. just go hybrid
  • asphyx1a
    edited June 2009
    Options
    My friends a LA Cleric and he pwns.

But please explain Hybrids, I don't know what that is.
    Is it good in PvP, and what is the build for it?
  • asphyx1a
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sorry for the double post, but I feel its needed.

I read up on Full Vitality and Hybrid.
    If i am correct, the Full Vitality build is: 6 mag, 1 str, 3 vit every two lvls.
    And the Hybrid Build is: Full magic with 1 or 2 vitality every other lvl.

I am currently leaning toward the Full Vitality option. I like it, and i don't think im too incredibly screwed up for this build.

What are all of you opinions on Full Vitality and Hybrid. Which do you think is better in PvP?

Also, if someone could be so kind as to tell me how I can fix my attribute points to become a perfect Full Vitality or Hybrid? I would very much appreciate it.
    Like.... What do i need to add to right now to make everything match up to the hybrid build?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you have enough base mag for level 43. so basically, until level 43, get 5 more str and 35 more vit.
  • asphyx1a
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thank you.

Out of these three builds: LA, Full Vitality, and Hybrid. What do you think is the best?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If for PvP then pure vit.
    Otherwise hybrid.
    b:dirty
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    pure int for anything is fail. you won't have the pdef nor the hp to withstand any damage. for pvp, you'll just get one shotted by any class, for pve, you don't have the hp to stand against the aoe of bosses in fbs and TTs.

Light armor build doesn't benefit clerics that much, as the increase in crit doesn't do anything for clerics, because there's no such thing as a crit heal.

for the optimum performance, would that be pve or pvp, go with the vit build. it gives you a nice hp base which can benefit a fair bit from barb's hp buff. it also allows you to use the latest weapon and not gimp your attack power by a great factor.

the best clerics survival in the nasty situations and ensure the safety of the party members. to do that, you'd want to have that hp
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    asphyx1a wrote: »
    My friends a LA Cleric and he pwns.

But please explain Hybrids, I don't know what that is.
    Is it good in PvP, and what is the build for it?

Thats right my dude :) LA Clerics are no different from Vit clerics mid to end game. With shards we all balance out to about the same thing either way. I suggest that you use vitality build for now and when u get teh money restat for LA. I have been LA since lvl 1 and i love it. I have plenty of resists (mainly cuz i went ahead and maxed fort armor and magic shell) and even tho at 46 i only have 1300 health, monsters hit for under 150 anyways. added with ironheart blessing stacked on 1-2 times and i wont die period. Always remember tho, if u have more than 2 enemies running at you, and they are near the same level as you, i.e. ur lvl 36 and got 3 lvl 35's running at you, please fly up up and away, becuz i see too many clerics die not knowing their limits.

To Guard Goddess, at lvl 46 i have 3% crit rate, when solo/grinding i crit once every 5-7 shots from plume shot and cyclone. I have even critted 4 times in a row grinding before, so i believe that dex on cleric as long as their using LA, isnt that bad at all, plus i have just as much magic as a vit build thus we both will have the same amount of healing power, but on LA with crits, i will deal a higher max dmg than people with Vit.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am LA with 21 base vit... I guess thats the max you can get as LA. Always missing few pts in str or dex.
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am LA with 21 base vit... I guess thats the max you can get as LA. Always missing few pts in str or dex.

Is this advisable for LA builds? Or should i just rely on HP shards..
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    LA is a build that does not allow any VIT to be added; if you add VIT, you will either lack MAG, STR, or DEX to wear the latest magic weapon and light armor for your level.

Guardgoddess, pure MAG for a mainly PvE purpose is viable. I've survived all bosses AoE in FBs, TTs, and world bosses with the exception of Belial because I haven't tried him yet. To say that pure mag fails at everything is a rather harsh generalization, don't you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You either refined the **** out of your gear, or you haven't done the tentacle boss in 1-3. You need ~4k health buffed to survive that in robes, and I highly highly doubt you have that as pure mag. Barring that...I have seen no real reason for VIT, I have around 80 right now, and there hasn't been one instance other than the tentacle boss where it has come in handy. Everyone still 1-shots me because physical defense is god in this game, and I have none.

No amount of VIT will help you with Belial, he hits for 12-13k on robes.
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    With barb buff I have around 3.7k when I'm wearing my +HP ornaments. I never did TT1-3 either because the only reason I TT is for my TT90 gears; before that I went with molds for armor. If those bosses hit that hard inside BB then I guess I'm never doing them. :3

Would genie interrupt skill work on them? I have a friend who'd done Belial without taking a single hit because the squad timed Lightning Chaser when the boss was about to AoE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you want to go LA might as well do HA. More pdef same damage b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    pure int for anything is fail. you won't have the pdef nor the hp to withstand any damage. for pvp, you'll just get one shotted by any class, for pve, you don't have the hp to stand against the aoe of bosses in fbs and TTs.

Light armor build doesn't benefit clerics that much, as the increase in crit doesn't do anything for clerics, because there's no such thing as a crit heal.

for the optimum performance, would that be pve or pvp, go with the vit build. it gives you a nice hp base which can benefit a fair bit from barb's hp buff. it also allows you to use the latest weapon and not gimp your attack power by a great factor.

the best clerics survival in the nasty situations and ensure the safety of the party members. to do that, you'd want to have that hp
    You fail as a person trying to chain others to your black and white fail/not-fail ideals. LA, Acrane VIT, Arcane MAG, can be adjusted accordingly depending on what kind of gear, what lvl, who much you spend, and what bonus stats. At this lvl I have yet to have been killed outright or 1 shoted in aoe TT/FB/PvP instances and im pure arcane mag. Of course I die sometimes when the barb dies, which cant be helped. (I think i got 1shoted once by a wizzy tho back in the 80s)
    Either you have seen the poorest, crappiest full INT clerics, havnt had enough experience with meeting diff. stated mages, or is thinking by general terms which can be applied to any of the classes on PWI thus squeezing your ideas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Is this advisable for LA builds? Or should i just rely on HP shards..

Just think about it. I am not telling you what to do. Just that you got a choice there.
  • MissEva - Dreamweaver
    MissEva - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I was full Int until about lvl 65. Things are pretty easy upto then with minimal (though some) hp sharding. After that things get kinda hard (TT/RB/Cube) and your probably going to want the extra hp. Im not saying you cant do it without, just that its going to be much harder.

Now i have 108 vit. Im aiming for 120. I find the game MUCH easier with the increased vit. I have noticed a drop in kill speed (takes me about 1 full sometimes 1.5 hits more) but since i can take damage with no worries now, its not even a problem. (I restated obviously).

Its up to you but at lvl 36 with 21 vitailty, your not messed up in the least. I would concider that pretty much close to full Int. (lvl 90 with 21 vit...close enough). Your only real problem would be if you chose to be LA. I dont know the exact calculations but it seems to me that 21 vit (4 lvls of attributes) should not really be that much of a problem if you wanted to go LA. may just take an extra lvl or two to get there.

I loved full Int. but the stress of it is greatly reduced by restating to 100vit.
  • Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary
    Sylvana_gw - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You cannot have vit if you go LA. Build is 3 mag, 1str, 1dex every level.