Perfect World int. vs Jade dynasty

_BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
_BLANKA_ - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Chronicles
From what I've seen Jade Dynasty looks like it could be bette than PWI. I'm gonna download the beta, but i just wanted to know your opinions on JD.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Post edited by _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Legal bots. NUFF SAID.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Legal bots. NUFF SAID.

But i wanna get to lvl 100 in a week without reali doing anything it would make me feel super leet like b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The game itself Very Far from being ready.
    There are a lot cons in it. Main is that certain classes are forcing you to do heavy grind even with cash shop items. All classes (factions) are pretty much Heavy melee based till yo get to Tier 4-5 where your combined skills somehow will create an illusion of being range capable, the bad news Tier 4-5 is around lvl 90 and 105 respectfully.The economy on distribution skill points forces you even more grind, unless you planning to spend a real money on reset skill cash shop items. There are a lot of missing vital NPC's, some quests described wrongly.Btw no pets in close beta for test.
    Now bright side: Quest system borrowed from PWI and slightly improved by additing more variety of quests as well more different daily + unlimited cycle quests which reduce the grind pressure( Amen that b:thanks). Auto-Reaching Destination works almost perfect b:pleased which is awesome. Skill effects looks nice. Limited bot system which is kinda interesting addition and i personaly liked, cause the "bot" is leveling as well and serves as an extra special attack to arsenal.High level "bot" has extra 4 special attacks.The end of game offers a very large variety of builds due to extra features.
    Bottom line : Game needs huge polish
    b:surrender
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've spent so muuch time and everything into PWI and love it, so i'm kinda scared to try out Jade Dynasty. I have my key and everything lol
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Some of the initial experience may be similar, what I'm waiting to see is the PVP content. I think that will be one of the greatest differences between the two games, and people will always have their preferences as to what kinda PVP they like best.
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    JD does not have FURRY PPLZ!!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Legal bots. NUFF SAID.

^^ QFT!!

Heck, you can get exp by meditating a certain way...b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've spent so muuch time and everything into PWI and love it, so i'm kinda scared to try out Jade Dynasty. I have my key and everything lol

hmm if u dont plan on using urs lol share with me... forgot to get mine lmaob:surrender
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i was planning to get one...
    but that was not carried out after i saw all the classes...
    none of them looked cool enough
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Apparently the bots system and quick exp gaining systems are 'cos its the CB and the devs need you to lvl fast so you can experience more of the game.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Apparently the bots system and quick exp gaining systems are 'cos its the CB and the devs need you to lvl fast so you can experience more of the game.

It's fun to PK bots, and steal the drops. b:chuckle

Also: fighting on mounts = awesum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    I've downloaded the game client and im playin the CB now. JD is pretty cool it's got a nice game world and the story makes you feel like its an actual world. The thing that got on my nerves a little bit is the graphics are leaning towards the cell-shading type but thats cool 'cos i'm used to it now after plaiyng street fighter 4 a lot.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The Auto-Pathing to NPC/Mob actually came from the previous versions of JD first :) PW got it long after the initial Zhu Xian closed betas overseas. Either way, it is made of Awesome and is even better than the one here in PWI - the Autopath takes you AROUND obstacles in the most direct/short route possible. So autopathing on land is actually doable <3

As for gameplay, I personally prefer PWI so far. But I haven't gotten as far in JD just yet since I lost most of my freetime right as the CB launched ^x^; So far, things are just too easy, especially with the Esper bot. But right now, the Esper is tweaked so that the time period does not run out - that will be changed by the time OB gets here. At that point, Botting time will be limited and you'll have to get cash shop items if you want to recharge it faster.

It's still too early for me to render final judgement on JD but I'm liking it well enough so far. There are, of course, hiccups and things that aren't implemented yet - it's in the Closed Beta testing phase after all! The only thing that REALLY bothers me at this point (aside from not having to put much effort into playing) is the Timed Quests. There's a string of them that pop up randomly WITHOUT AN NPC. And they don't specifically say they will be timed. You can't even see that from the Quest tree window. Only if you're tracking it. And if the quest pops up while you're AFK, even if you're just standing in town for 10 minutes to get your lunch or whatever, it AUTO ACCEPTS. So beware, the timer starts ticking whether you click to accept or not and you can autofail if you aren't paying close attention ^x^;

Still, I'm liking it well enough. But I haven't gotten into the meat of the game yet to really say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    yeah I think JD has some potential, I like the way that you don't choose your class untill lvl 15. It helps you get into the game and actually think about what you want to be.
  • Apocalyptart - Lost City
    Apocalyptart - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:angrythe game sucks atleast from what ive triedb:angry
  • BiggiSmall - Harshlands
    BiggiSmall - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    When i was choosing between the two the main screen of jade was so **** so i chose PWI im glad i did.....
  • Feylonx - Harshlands
    Feylonx - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ive been playing PWI for a while, and right now Ive started playing JD. Theres more skills, options than PWI, but...Its not very newb friendly. U can get lost in all the features.
    I want to move to JD, but PWI brings back memories...still play it btw...They shold just mix the 2 games I guess.
  • _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver
    _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    OK IMO i dont think we need 2 Chinese mithology mmos -.-

I would want a classical wizards-dragons-wariors-kingdoms-magic perfect world =(
    ... And afterwards, I get a cookie!
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    OK IMO i dont think we need 2 Chinese mithology mmos -.-

I would want a classical wizards-dragons-wariors-kingdoms-magic perfect world =(

if you play both, you'll see that they are different in many ways. I haven't decided yet, but it's not too bad. Definitely different from PWI
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A change would be nice but the one major turn-off for me if the Bot feature. If the Bot remains, that will wreak havoc on those who want to level their characters themselves without the addition of a bot. I'm going to wait it out for a bit and see what features are added/deleted from Jade Dynasty.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • katuko
    katuko Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    From what I've seen Jade Dynasty looks like it could be bette than PWI. I'm gonna download the beta, but i just wanted to know your opinions on JD.

Hmm well i really couldn't understand what Jade Dynasty was about... is it just like Perfect World?
  • Illumminatti - Heavens Tear
    Illumminatti - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    JD = Lame!
  • Mervik - Heavens Tear
    Mervik - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The thing I dont like about JD, Is it seems like its going to be much more cash shop based than PW:I.

I really like the fact that in PW If you farm or work hard you can get everything off the item mall, It seems like they tried to pull off the same thing with JD, but it sure does not feel like it when you look at the prices as they are now.

Even though PW:I feels like it has much more of a grind because the Auto Bot system in JD makes leveling really easy, perfect world still feels like the stronger of the 2 games. This might be because JD is just coming out. Right now im level 15 in PW:I and level 20 in JD, I Played much longer in PW:I too. This is why I have been playing JD the past 2 days. I really like how fast leveling is there.
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Since JD has EU server not a question for me
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    JD does not have FURRY PPLZ!!

Perfectly said :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Ocenaia - Sanctuary
    Ocenaia - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Are there real differences between the games or are they more like improvements? Am I gonna want to play both these games?
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Are there real differences between the games or are they more like improvements? Am I gonna want to play both these games?

The skill system is completely different, pretty cool too. Other than that, they have a bunch of automatic in game events daily and weekly. Seems OK so far, but I know for a fact that there are aspects of PWI that people who played this first will want to stick around for
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009

The 2 games are COMPLETELY different IMO. That said, both games are similar in that they're both AWESOME beyond all belief and without a doubt the best free-MMO's you will find ANYWHERE! b:victory
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • GhostDuster - Heavens Tear
    GhostDuster - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    The 2 games are COMPLETELY different IMO. That said, both games are similar in that they're both AWESOME beyond all belief and without a doubt the best free-MMO's you will find ANYWHERE! b:victory

**** kisser. :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.