EVENT: Fashion Contest (q&a)[closed for entries]

Options

Comments

• Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Oh no, that's perfectly OK. b:victory but you can crop out the UI stuff at least which is what we really don't need.

*checks "Hide UI in screenshot" box* b:victory I want to win so bad. O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    there's no real punishment for not cropping, we just want you to be able to submit the highest picture quality possible so we can get a good look at your fashion set
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Tnx for the answer ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    q: And we're allowed to use clothes from the 'try clothes' option?

a:Yes you can choose to use the "try clothes" option, but make sure to crop your images so we know what you're submitting. save your images in the biggest possible filesize you can in JPEG, list the items that you were trying on. Basically that's going to be an overcomplicated kind of submission, and the image will look a lot worse because, for me at least, that little view window shows your character models SAVAGELY bitmapped around the edges. So yes, but if you can avoid it that might be for the best.

More updated answers to come....

This seems like a bad idea and is basically endorsing plagiarism. The scenario is that you see something that someone else is wearing that looks amazing, something that they took care in selecting the right mix of color and garment. Then in a few clicks you can claim it as your own design and submit it to the contest.

Very silly. The winner should be the person whose clothes you are trying on rather than the submitter.

Actually that's another point, are you allowed to submit pictures of other players to the contest? Even without their knowledge or consent? Try clothes seems like the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    This seems like a bad idea and is basically endorsing plagiarism. The scenario is that you see something that someone else is wearing that looks amazing, something that they took care in selecting the right mix of color and garment. Then in a few clicks you can claim it as your own design and submit it to the contest.

Very silly. The winner should be the person whose clothes you are trying on rather than the submitter.

Actually that's another point, are you allowed to submit pictures of other players to the contest? Even without their knowledge or consent? Try clothes seems like the same thing.
    Well it all depends. I was thinking more along the lines of mix and match from shops as opposed to blatantly stealing someones style. Obviously if two people submit the same design and one of them owns the clothes but the other just tried them on, we would go with the owner. To be honest, mixing and matching to make a decent set would be hard work, I'm pretty sure having your own set that you can modify however you like would lead to a much better looking fashion
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    One question going back to the idea of poses and including a few different poses for each outfit:

I kind of made insets with other poses in my images, and there are some words on the pictures to avoid confusion in the email. Is this legal or should I just go back to the regular screenshots? I didn't edit the screenies in any way other than putting the second pose in and putting the label on the picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    One question going back to the idea of poses and including a few different poses for each outfit:

I kind of made insets with other poses in my images, and there are some words on the pictures to avoid confusion in the email. Is this legal or should I just go back to the regular screenshots? I didn't edit the screenies in any way other than putting the second pose in and putting the label on the picture.

I would say one of each, only because for the second round we will probably want the images to be as close to the same format as possible. We wouldn't want graphic design choices to influence someones rating of the character fashion.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Fair enough, I guess I will include both the combined poses and the raw screenshots.

Are .zip folders appropriate for these groups then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    .zips are used to hide viruses so I'm guessing no.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Obviously I'm not going to put a virus in b:surrender It would just be easier than attaching each screenie seperately. *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Obviously I'm not going to put a virus in b:surrender It would just be easier than attaching each screenie seperately. *shrugs*

lol? I never said you would b:chuckle but that's a good point. I would prefer NO zipped files. If you give us a virus, we'll TRACK YOU DOWN b:angry

j/k it wouldn't get past our security, I just needed an excuse to use this awesome bear ->b:angry
  • Mieze - Lost City
    Mieze - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    submitted mine. b:avoid

hope all the effects don't get in the way ._.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm predicting epic results from this contest!

Don't let me down, PWI'ers! I've said it before and i'll say it again - this userbase is truly the most creative bunch of players gathered on ANY mmo! b:victory
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol? I never said you would but that's a good point. I would prefer NO zipped files. If you give us a virus, we'll TRACK YOU DOWN b:angry

j/k it wouldn't get past our security, I just needed an excuse to use this awesome bear ->b:angry

b:shocked

Submitted mine, virus free. b:sweat

Good luck everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    Bludan - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    spoons,

I just submitted mine but i am afraid the files are attached instead of onto the body page. I tried copying and pasting on the page but it takes me to another page with the image I pasted.

So I gave up and attached the files to the email... sorry about that.

*UPDATED*
    oh no, not supposed to pose? Can I email back again? I thought can do poses when being screenshot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ainte - Lost City
    Ainte - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I already submitted mine too with the files attached, i hope its not gonna be a problem.....

and one little question, i don't know if someone else has already asked this but do we have to list the items we are wearing? it doesn't say so in the instructions and i haven't listed mine in the mail i send out, if we have to list em can i send i second mail including the names of the clothes i am wearing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sigh. I got overexcited about it, even though I had asked many questions beforehand, but I sent in my email (with no name for the design). But the good thing is that the attachment that I sent it in with has the name that I wanted for my design. Does that count? :(

How do we know if you recieved the email that you get from us?
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Kieli - Sanctuary
    Kieli - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am so entering this contest! I already got my shots taken, I just need to send them!

But I have a question....

I know you want them to be sent via email but do you want different angles in different jpg files or is it alright to photoshop it up a bit and put everything in one file? I can make small jpgs if needed. ._. But I would like to know what is preferred, multiple attachments vs. single file but everything in one picture.

Thankies! b:thanks

Oh! And one last thing! We can do poses right? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Siggy made by me b:victory )
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    spoons,

I just submitted mine but i am afraid the files are attached instead of onto the body page. I tried copying and pasting on the page but it takes me to another page with the image I pasted.

So I gave up and attached the files to the email... sorry about that.

*UPDATED*
    oh no, not supposed to pose? Can I email back again? I thought can do poses when being screenshot.
    Attachments are fine, I don't see anything that would suggest the contrary. Your pose is up to you, but I suggest that you allow your fashions to be as visible as possible for judging purposes. If you plan to send more than one attach them individually please
    Sigh. I got overexcited about it, even though I had asked many questions beforehand, but I sent in my email (with no name for the design). But the good thing is that the attachment that I sent it in with has the name that I wanted for my design. Does that count? :(

How do we know if you received the email that you get from us?
    We need to know who your character is, so if you didn't include your character name and server please send another e-mail. You know we received it if you sent it to the correct address b:chuckle

I know you want them to be sent via email but do you want different angles in different jpg files or is it alright to photoshop it up a bit and put everything in one file? I can make small jpgs if needed. ._. But I would like to know what is preferred, multiple attachments vs. single file but everything in one picture.

Thankies! b:thanks

Oh! And one last thing! We can do poses right? b:sad
    No photoshopping stuff if you can help it please! b:shocked We want one image of your character, not a whole bunch of small images that we can't see very closely.

If you planned to submit more than one(we only really need one) please keep them separate and as large as you can while following the size guidelines, this will help us to see what you're wearing.

Is this getting too complicated? Let's just say no editing your screenies other than to resize or crop them. There should be little to no thought going into the cropping process. Make sure we can see the fashion and you'll be fine.
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    [checks email] Welp, seems that I have sent it to the correct place, with my IGN and server name. Just no design name. But the design name is the file name for the attachment. The jpeg version was really pixelated so when I sent it, I also sent a bmp version (which is much better), I hope that's ok. I think it's like, high quality vs low quality.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Ainte - Lost City
    Ainte - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    "feels ignored" b:surrender

spoony quoted and answered everybody's question except mine b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    "feels ignored" b:surrender

spoony quoted and answered everybody's question except mine b:cry
    Your question was answered in the first couple pages b:victory as long as you have the set on your character there is no need to tell us specifics regarding which pieces you have, we can check that ourselves *evil grin*
  • Kieli - Sanctuary
    Kieli - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Attachments are fine, I don't see anything that would suggest the contrary. Your pose is up to you, but I suggest that you allow your fashions to be as visible as possible for judging purposes. If you plan to send more than one attach them individually please

We need to know who your character is, so if you didn't include your character name and server please send another e-mail. You know we received it if you sent it to the correct address b:chuckle

No photoshopping stuff if you can help it please! b:shocked We want one image of your character, not a whole bunch of small images that we can't see very closely.

If you planned to submit more than one(we only really need one) please keep them separate and as large as you can while following the size guidelines, this will help us to see what you're wearing.

Is this getting too complicated? Let's just say no editing your screenies other than to resize or crop them. There should be little to no thought going into the cropping process. Make sure we can see the fashion and you'll be fine.

Oops, b:chuckle lol I think I wasn't clear with my question. I should have said if it was ok to make the one image like a collage. xD You know, to get different angles but I get what you're saying, just take one image to see everything. I gots it! Thanks so much for the quick response. I'll send that soon!! ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Siggy made by me b:victory )
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    is there any easy way to crop an image.(or a prograsm i can use for Free)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You can use Paint on Microsoft systems, the dotted line box is used to crop. Very low tech but I'm guessing they're not looking for professional photographer level stuff.

Highlight the area you to keep using the dotted box

Edit>Cut

File>New

Edit>Paste

Save and it's as easy as that.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i got it thank you. i am just gonna use photobucket
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Jielian - Lost City
    Jielian - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I sent an email but its from a different email will that be ok? And how can we know if you recieved the email?
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Oh man.. I just read this now.. Yesterday I sended the images from my sets... But I took 3 angels and placed them in 1 picture.. And I'm not on the same computer anymore.. I can ask my bf(it was his computer I screened) to remake the pictures then(or send me the pics then I'll remake it)..

Is it still necessary? Cause then I'll send it in as soon as possible!(as seperate pictures!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I sent an email but its from a different email will that be ok? And how can we know if you recieved the email?

If you sent it to the right address and it didn't bounce back we most likely got it.

2 minutes until the submission period closes!
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Do I need to resend my pictures as seperate pictures?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!