How does pvp work?im lvl 20 so idont no

Missesvemon - Harshlands
Missesvemon - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Im working on getting lvl 30, but so i wabnt 2 no wat pvp is,i no it is player vs player and wat it is, but wat is pvp east and pvp west b:question and how does it work,and wat is TM is pvp a mni game like game like RS(Rune Scape's castlewars or the wild(witch was removed tank god,i hate getting PKed in a quest)im not a big fan of PvP but i want to proctect myself. b:victory I also saw a lvl90 wid a red name, so if im lvl30 can a lvl90 QQme kill me b:worried or lvl limit??? b:pleasedtyvm in advance
Post edited by Missesvemon - Harshlands on

Comments

• Missesvemon - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Srry for asking so much, but i need to no .Ok i get u now...so any person wonding how PvP works like i did can read this,so post this not to help me but to to help alot of ppl b:victory peace
    c ya b:bye b:thanks
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    PvP versus PvE

Basically, once you hit 30 any other white name can kill you at anytime. The same goes for you, you can kill anyone white named..

Also, there is no lvl limit. A 9x could kill a 3x.

If you do not like PvP then I would suggest you re-roll to a PvE server where you can choose to PvP or not.

You are level 20 so it would be an easy change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited June 2009
    how do u go to a PvE sever and wat does that mean?? b:puzzled tyvm sooo much
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    how do u go to a PvE sever and wat does that mean?? b:puzzled tyvm sooo much

To go to a PvE server you make an account on either Sanctuary, Heavens Tear, or Dreamweavier. PvE= Player vs Environment.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok this is how it works. At level thirty you:

Get all your best stuff in your inventory.

Do not wear rank equipment, that can't be dropped on death.

Go out and kill as many people as possible, make sure you are dark red.

Then go out to swams and try to pk everyone you see.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Deathitsou - Harshlands
    Deathitsou - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok this is how it works. At level thirty you:

Get all your best stuff in your inventory.

Do not wear rank equipment, that can't be dropped on death.

Go out and kill as many people as possible, make sure you are dark red.

Then go out to swams and try to pk everyone you see.

Uber fail much?
    edited June 2009
    b:cry so u mena i cant switch severs?....b:puzzled b:infuriated but....but....waaaa there must b way. ANd also desert hornets arent availble in the PvP severs too?
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The PvP and PvE servers have the same monsters, same items, same equipment. The only difference is that on Harshlands and Lost City, you automatically go PvP at level 30, and can't turn it off. You can turn it on and off after 30 on the other servers, but there's a time limit between switching.

You have to make a brand new character if you want to go onto another server. Characters, items, and gold (once transferred) are server-bound and cannot be moved. At all. Mods can't help.

You can give PvP a try, it doesn't take long to level a brand new character on another server if you decide you don't like it.

When you reach level 30 here, just keep an eye on your mini map for green dots. Those are other players. Look around on your screen, if they have pink or red names, go the other way because those colors mean they PK. If you start attacking someone (who hasn't attacked you first), your name will change from white to pink then to red, depending on how many people you attack/kill. This increases your chance to drop equipment when another player kills you. But carrying Dolls from the cash shop (also sold in catshops by players) will keep you from dropping things.

Death is but a temporary inconvenience on this server. And adds an extra spice to the living part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    One person goes "pew pew!!!" Three people cast spells! Other two whack people upside the head!

Whoever remains standing wins! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigDude - Harshlands
    BigDude - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Im working on getting lvl 30, but so i wabnt 2 no wat pvp is,i no it is player vs player and wat it is, but wat is pvp east and pvp west and how does it work,and wat is TM is pvp a mni game like game like RS(Rune Scape's castlewars or the wild(witch was removed tank god

The wilderness in RS was optional, you could avoid it for most of the game, and even the things that were in the wilderness, you could teleport to most of the places too. Plus, even in the WILD, you didn't have to worry about a level 126 attacking you if you were level 15, only people around your level could attack you. (I'm an RS vet too, over level 130:victory)

You can think of PVP kind of like a minigame if you're on a PVE server. But seeing as you're on a PVP server, it's pretty much something you have to deal with most of the time once you hit level 30.

Unfortunately, no level limit, so level 90's can kill level 30's b:surrender

I play on Harshlands too, if I see you, i'll leave you alone b:pleased (I'm not really level 3)

One person goes "pew pew!!!" Three people cast spells! Other two whack people upside the head!

Whoever remains standing wins! b:pleased

What are the chances that the person who's left standing is the Veno with the Nix?
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What are the chances that the person who's left standing is the Veno with the Nix?

Very high b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]