TW 26-29/06 gamble

Comments

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    question, so, WWII was not a "real" war then? i mean, the odds were harly fair. germany was like enrage... they steamrolled europe at first, then started getting owned, because hitler was a freaking ridiculously horrible battle commander... the odds were way against germany, but by enrages terms, it wasnt a "real" war?

You can't use real life wars in an argument about a game which is about fun.

RL Wars aren't supposed to be fun and ppl die, so being "fair" would be stupid.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You can't use real life wars in an argument about a game which is about fun.

RL Wars aren't supposed to be fun and ppl die, so being "fair" would be stupid.

so you're not having fun? ಥ_ಥ
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    actually Cat I was not refering to Rad's long long long long ago no-fight wins against RoC. You talk so much about that I think it is time to let go sweety.

I was talking about TW's where both guilds show up with forces. Please read the post again as it clearly states that fact.

Radiance had many fights (with noob guilds mainly) and we only had maybe 80 people total online for 3 TWs in the same time slot. In some of those I took in 3 squads of not all the highest level and held them off til 1 or 2 more squads came in from another TW or we just simply won. Most of those battles the other guilds did show up and did their best but were simply out powered (not out numbered). I remember having a mage be a cata puller because I only had 1 barb for that TW. so cute and funny!!! Should I say since we beat their 40+ team when we only had 18-24 total members in that TW that it was not a real TW for them or us? It was a challenge to take in such a small number to a fight. It is a challenge for Enrage to figure on strats to be able to hold off all 3 TWs win or loose. I hate to say this but all the big talk and then the talk that downsizes the TW battles and their meaning really does not look good. I am not flaming Cat, I like Enrage. I have grinded with Enrage members and think nothing less of the guild. I am however speaking what I see in these forums. My opinion...like it or not.

b:thanks

Just because both guilds show up with forces doesnt make it a "real" tw... 40 against 80 well both guilds showed up with forces but thats not a real TW. As for letting it go, I was using history to back up my post. Thats how you make a point. The old Rad is dead there is nothing to let go, doesnt change the fact the didnt have real TWs in the past though lol. And yes your little example does not constitute as a "real" TW.

It also has nothing to do with the challange or the winning or loosing. Me being in Enrage or us having TWs on the weekend, or that I dont enjoy them etc etc.. Re-read my post. I was ONLY talking about the terms of a "real" TW. As they apply to ANY guild not just Enrage.

As I said like it or not, its not downsizing the TW battles, its stating a simple truth that is backed up with situations from the game. Any of guild alone that gets defeated in less than 20 min when they are 1 vs 1, and can just barely win if they do win against the same guild ONLY when its 3 vs 1, has no right to claim it was a real TW. That goes for any guild, the same if Enrage was triple teaming some other guild. I think it looks worse on the guild if they try to run around bragging after winning a battle they could ONLY win when it was 3 vs 1.

And your right it is just YOUR opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just because both guilds show up with forces doesnt make it a "real" tw... 40 against 80 well both guilds showed up with forces but thats not a real TW. As for letting it go, I was using history to back up my post. Thats how you make a point. The old Rad is dead there is nothing to let go, doesnt change the fact the didnt have real TWs in the past though lol. And yes your little example does not constitute as a "real" TW.

It also has nothing to do with the challange or the winning or loosing. Me being in Enrage or us having TWs on the weekend, or that I dont enjoy them etc etc.. Re-read my post. I was ONLY talking about the terms of a "real" TW. As they apply to ANY guild not just Enrage.

As I said like it or not, its not downsizing the TW battles, its stating a simple truth that is backed up with situations from the game. Any of guild alone that gets defeated in less than 20 min when they are 1 vs 1, and can just barely win if they do win against the same guild ONLY when its 3 vs 1, has no right to claim it was a real TW. That goes for any guild, the same if Enrage was triple teaming some other guild. I think it looks worse on the guild if they try to run around bragging after winning a battle they could ONLY win when it was 3 vs 1.

And your right it is just YOUR opinion.

*raises hand* I gots a question...can we still say that we had awesome-sauce fun?

ಥ_ಥ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    *raises hand* I gots a question...can we still say that we had awesome-sauce fun?

ಥ_ಥ

Of course, my post is only about what constitutes as a "real" TW. Has nothing to do with all the fun we been having lately.

I been enjoying having TWs quite a bit. The 3 hour ones suck some cause I live on the east coast and Im a bit tired by 2am and my adrenaline is usually pumping so bad its like 4 or 5 am before I can fall asleep, then back up at like 7 with my son lol. But the fun is worth it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
    edited June 2009
    Of course, my post is only about what constitutes as a "real" TW. Has nothing to do with all the fun we been having lately.

I been enjoying having TWs quite a bit. The 3 hour ones suck some cause I live on the east coast and Im a bit tired by 2am and my adrenaline is usually pumping so bad its like 4 or 5 am before I can fall asleep, then back up at like 7 with my son lol. But the fun is worth it!

Hehe, I totally understand ya there. Last week's battle had be up all night with the adrenaline rush afterwards! ^_^

Honestly, I'm a little bit of an agree-disagreement with your definition of "real" TW, though. My turn to put my 2 cents in.

I think a "true" TW constitutes both sides going at it with everything they got, regardless of numbers or other battles. If both sides truly believe they fought their hardest, that is a "true" TW.

Your definition of "true" TW would actually be my definition of a "full-force" TW, AKA "Awesome-Sauce" TW. ಥ_ಥ
    Hehe, well, "full-force" or "true" TW, I hope to see you on the battlefield again this weekend. I also hear Sticky's been itching to consummate his relationship with you...with his axes! ~.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Rifkind - Heavens Tear
    Rifkind - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I also hear Sticky's been itching to consummate his relationship with you...with his axes! ~.^

Mmmm...if they are itching, I think he'd better see a doctor about that, and leave our officers alone!
    edited June 2009
    Mmmm...if they are itching, I think he'd better see a doctor about that, and leave our officers alone!

Doctor or Vet? b:chuckle

Methinks we should give Sticky the ol' Bob Barker treatment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rifkind - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Doctor or Vet? b:chuckle

Methinks we should give Sticky the ol' Bob Barker treatment?

They do say they calm down a lot after that trip to the vet....b:chuckle
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    I also hear Sticky's been itching to consummate his relationship with you...with his axes! ~.^

Hehe Sticky has no problem killing me in TWs, hes sweet enough he usually apologizes afterwards though b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sticky, for saying Enrage is like Germany? Hah. So Germany's leader was Hitler during World War II. Does that mean Clunker = Hitler?

We have no intention of "owning" the map. If we were able to due to having great challenges, cool. But a loss or two of a land, what's the big deal? o.o;; At least we're having fun. Lol, it's not always about the money that you get from TW. It's the action.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
    edited June 2009
    They do say they calm down a lot after that trip to the vet....b:chuckle

b:laugh
    Hehe Sticky has no problem killing me in TWs, hes sweet enough he usually apologizes afterwards though b:cute

Aww...! b:cute
    Sticky, for saying Enrage is like Germany? Hah. So Germany's leader was Hitler during World War II. Does that mean Clunker = Hitler?

We have no intention of "owning" the map. If we were able to due to having great challenges, cool. But a loss or two of a land, what's the big deal? o.o;; At least we're having fun. Lol, it's not always about the money that you get from TW. It's the action.

For the lulz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sticky: Godwin's Law...
  • Rifkind - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009

Aww, Keita, Sticky's way too young to have heard of Mike Godwin or Usenet...b:laugh
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You cant compare a real life war in any form or fashion to a TW sorry Sticky lol. Im almost embarrassed you even made that comment.

i think you can i used it for the "unfair advantage" analogy, enrage isnt literally germany lol.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009

not everyoe in germany during WWII were ****, even in germany's army, not everyone was a **** either b:chuckle

edit: reason hitler is in my post, is because i still LOL everytime i remember dunkirk... what a ****...

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    triple post =O

now back to topic. i bet 1m tao wins, as me and edya will be duoing it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Detharos - Heavens Tear
    Detharos - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    SuperGM will take land from us, hands down.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    i think you can i used it for the "unfair advantage" analogy, enrage isnt literally germany lol.

Sigh...You cant compare TWs to real life wars, it just doesnt work. Even the unfairness "analogy" doesnt work. You cant compare the 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Indeed, I am one of those "Enrage" people who think that some other factions wouldn't really be attacking us if it's not in groups. And when they do attack in groups, it's not a "real" TW considering that Enrage has other factions to defend against around the same time. Just like last week, we had to make a choice of neglecting one of the TWs. We chose Caesar, so Caesar didn't get to TW against us. But then again, even if some of us did show, it wouldn't be a "real" TW. Take a look at Tao:

1v1 - 80v80 - Enrage win
    2v1 - 80v40 - Enrage loss
    3v1 - 80v60 - Enrage win

Time for Enrage to successfully "win" a TW gets lengthened due to amount of TWs and amount off TW-ers that are able to make it.

TW isn't TW if two (or more) guilds whom already hold land go after a single guild at once. It becomes more of an attempt to grab land while you know that other people are attacking the same faction as well. Neither is it about skill, it takes skill to 1v1 a guild, and if you win, then props to you and congrats on successfully getting a "real" TW.

TW isn't just about the 80vs80 3hr instance, there is also the strategic and diplomatic aspect of the TW map. Throwing around the phrase '"real" TW' doesn't really mean much except for the ability to boast that you can beat another faction 1v1. Faction ganking is always going to be a part of the TW metagame, and it is not always about land-grabbing. Every faction has their own agenda and shouldn't be forced into altering their plans simply because another guild has bid on the same faction already. For example Tao's plan is quite obvious, take 1k streams. Should we change our objectives because Triad and/or Caesar bid on Enrage before us?
    I like pie
    edited June 2009
    Sigh...You cant compare TWs to real life wars, it just doesnt work. Even the unfairness "analogy" doesnt work. You cant compare the 2.

ill take your word for it b:dirty

edit: server and channel are you on for JD? ill be on in a couple hours. need to finish making my TT90 necklace first

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    ill take your word for it b:dirty

edit: server and channel are you on for JD? ill be on in a couple hours. need to finish making my TT90 necklace first

The Billows, and Realm 6. I got my esper(legal bot) running so If I dont answer probably means Im trolling the forums or watching TV. Ill cut msn on soon so you can nudge me on there lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    triple post =O

now back to topic. i bet 1m tao wins, as me and edya will be duoing it.

Oh so I guess you still havent finished getting your gear if your still going to be in Tao to duo the TW this weekend b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yunahh - Heavens Tear
    Yunahh - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok,
    How come after I made that post 3 members from Enrage pm'd me saying,

"Why are you trying to get guilds to attack us? D:"

Jezzus. ._.

There are three other guilds they "could've" attacked.

C'mon people get with de program.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I be on my Seeker now.
    ign; Amairah
    edited June 2009
    Oh so I guess you still havent finished getting your gear if your still going to be in Tao to duo the TW this weekend b:chuckle

i cant start homegrown yet, dont have enough people D:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ..germany was like enrage... they steamrolled europe at first, then started getting owned, because hitler was a freaking ridiculously horrible battle commander...

Hitler was stupid enough to try and steamroll russkis.
    Despite inflicting enormous losses, he got his **** handed to him by russkis on a platter.

Russkis steamrolled their **** **** all da way to Berlin.

However..

If you're comparing Enrage to **** Germany, then you're saying Clunker is that guy with a funny mustache? b:shocked

And if Tao eventually steamrolls Enrage, are they akin to Soviet Union? b:shocked

And if so, what would that make Edya? b:shocked

OK, maybe a little too many parallels there b:chuckle
    edited June 2009
    naw, i woudlnt compare anyone to hilter, nor am i saying enrages battle commander is stupid, i was simply using my analogy to compare to "unfairness" and "real war"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaturalSin - Heavens Tear
    NaturalSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    SO...uhhh anyone wanna help a good cause and post the current TW map on here or sumthin? Maybe the list of attacks too? Please? b:laugh
    I need visuals...almost like a picture book.
  • KillerByte - Heavens Tear
    KillerByte - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol, seems some people forget this is just a fantasy game of make believe, the word 'real' gets bandied about far to flippantly. b:laugh
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    SO...uhhh anyone wanna help a good cause and post the current TW map on here or sumthin? Maybe the list of attacks too? Please? b:laugh
    I need visuals...almost like a picture book.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/92/tw2k.jpg
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]