EVENT: Fashion Contest (q&a)[closed for entries]

Options

Comments

• Ainte - Lost City
    Ainte - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well spoony said "as long as we HAVE the item" they can recreate it, so i am guessing the try clothes option is not acceptable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Akah - Harshlands
    Akah - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sorry those are the stock images that we have, I don't have test server access so I can't get you the sets on other character models

Lol, yeah i don't know

Ok no problem, I will still be putting an entry in some time in the next day or so anyway,

/Akah
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The item I was trying is very easily creatable, just not within my budget so I used try clothes. I know the item and dye name for this.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    And we're allowed to use clothes from the 'try clothes' option?

I want to say no, because we want screenies of you wearing them as opposed to the "try clothes" option. My question is, will using the "try clothes" even allow you to design an original outfit? Seems like you would be limited by lack of color choices.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I want to say no, because we want screenies of you wearing them as opposed to the "try clothes" option. My question is, will using the "try clothes" even allow you to design an original outfit? Seems like you would be limited by lack of color choices.

MUAHAHAHAHAH IN UR FACE WITCHb:laugh
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I found the perfect colour though, I saw it before you announced and managed to find it again. I'll send it as well and let you decide it's thats alright :)

• eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Xarfox has confirmed the previous question, here's the deal:
    -yes you can choose to use the "try clothes" option
    -make sure to crop your images so we know what you're submitting
    -save your images in the biggest possible filesize you can in JPEG
    -list the items that you were trying on.

Basically that's going to be an overcomplicated kind of submission, and the image will look a lot worse because, for me at least, that little view window shows your character models SAVAGELY bitmapped around the edges.

So yes, but if you can avoid it that might be for the best.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Same with me. =\ guess I'll leave it up to you guys.

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Same with me. =\ guess I'll leave it up to you guys.

btw witch change ur sig uts for lvl 70 :P
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'll change it when I hit 80 :P evn though my M.Atk will be lower >.<.

On topic: Entry sent b:victory

EDIT:Also sorry for being in a pain in the **** spoons, the top two winners, is their second choice from the 4 listed or is it AAAAAANNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYY clothing in a similar vein to recent aero/mount contests?

• eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options

EDIT:Also sorry for being in a pain in the **** spoons, the top two winners, is their second choice from the 4 listed or is it AAAAAANNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYY clothing in a similar vein to recent aero/mount contests?

We're offering unreleased because we thought you'd like it, but if you'd prefer a set that's already been released in the past then sure.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    O.O ok now it's officially on

• VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    We're offering unreleased because we thought you'd like it, but if you'd prefer a set that's already been released in the past then sure.

So dukes rose set also avaible then?:P (not that i want that one but just checkin)

Im gonna make my clothing line in the weekend:)b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    O.O ok now it's officially on

i blame u....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'll change it when I hit 80 :P evn though my M.Atk will be lower >.<.

On topic: Entry sent b:victory

So dukes rose set also avaible then?:P (not that i want that one but just checkin)

Im gonna make my clothing line in the weekend:)b:victory
    I don't know those specifics
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Have we determined whether or not the "dinner jacket" set has shoes? It'd look cute with lady's heels I think, or crystal love, but I'm just curious.

And I'm still a bit confused about first prize, the set that is added to the CS, will it be a fixed color? scanned the thread and didn't see an answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feiyn - Dreamweaver
    Feiyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    And I'm still a bit confused about first prize, the set that is added to the CS, will it be a fixed color? scanned the thread and didn't see an answer.

From first post:
    q: Is the color fixed or should it be able to dye, the set you make?
    a: Dye it any color that you can make in the game, the color will be included in your named set if you win.

If it wasn't a fixed color, wouldn't the new set be pointless? :P

EDIT: just checked on ecatomb, and there are shoes in that dinner jacket set... so I'm hoping yes? If not, I won't be too happy. I WANT MAH SHOES. :E
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    GMs better give the girls their shoes. You know what they say, hell hath no fury...
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    From first post:
    q: Is the color fixed or should it be able to dye, the set you make?
    a: Dye it any color that you can make in the game, the color will be included in your named set if you win.

Ah I mis-read XD I thought that meant for your ourfit, that you could dye it any shade you want. :P Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    On one side, i would like to post my combo's here..

But on the other side.. Do I want to see people in my one and the only Looki fashion?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Unreleased set choices for winners.
    fem_choice01.jpg
    fem_choice02.jpg

in other versions both of these are not dyable if i remember correctly.. so if you end up with it and its randomly colored that will suck :(

this is a pretty cool event idea though none the less and good luck to everyone :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Question:
    I know it was said that you had to enter all of your entries in one email, but
    I already sent in an entry already before i realized there was a (jumped the gun, i was excited b:chuckle).

Ive come up with some new ideas, but since I already sent in an email, does that mean i cant send in anymore?

I would sent the rest in on one email, of course, but i was curious as to whether or not i could

I did similar and read the website rules before the forum, my set is uncropped and all(the website rules kinda confused me). Ah well, please don't shoot us for it, as the "full" rules are only here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    in other versions both of these are not dyable if i remember correctly.. so if you end up with it and its randomly colored that will suck :(

this is a pretty cool event idea though none the less and good luck to everyone :)

In "other versions" I have dyed both of these sets successfully in various colours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Is it allowed to borrow clothes from friends?
    I guess so since you may use the "Try clothes" option.
    If yes, you gotta send the specific details from the clothing along as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ok, this might sound stupid, but when you say come up with a cool name for your fashion, what exactly are the stipulations? I wanted to make a name of maybe 2-3 words, then kind of a "tagline" for the set :3

So the set in the CS will be available in some kind of box then? Since we don't need to name set parts? Or do we :O Ahh I'm so excited.

Edit: MORE questions, ahhh. Are we best in the standing pose? Or are other poses such as sitting, etc, allowed? Or if we do have a sitting pose, where it might be harder to see all the fashion, should we include a standing one as part of the image? O_O I want a perfect entry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cal - Harshlands
    Cal - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i have a question .... which maybe an idea in itself. but i dont wanna reveal to others.

can i make a private message to you Mr.StillNotFull (how long willl u keep eating, even if u are in some unimaginable way attracted to spoons) b:wink.
    By the power of the alt lord ....
    I am ALT-MAN b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Is it allowed to borrow clothes from friends?
    I guess so since you may use the "Try clothes" option.
    If yes, you gotta send the specific details from the clothing along as well?
    Sure if you can, I'm sure we could figure it out but it would make our lives easier.
    Ok, this might sound stupid, but when you say come up with a cool name for your fashion, what exactly are the stipulations? I wanted to make a name of maybe 2-3 words, then kind of a "tagline" for the set :3

So the set in the CS will be available in some kind of box then? Since we don't need to name set parts? Or do we :O Ahh I'm so excited.

Edit: MORE questions, ahhh. Are we best in the standing pose? Or are other poses such as sitting, etc, allowed? Or if we do have a sitting pose, where it might be harder to see all the fashion, should we include a standing one as part of the image? O_O I want a perfect entry.
    *prepares*
    A few words is fine, like my set name would be "spoons hawtness" or "epic spoonery set" I honestly am not sure about how long it can be, but keep it to a few words.

Yes it will be made into a set bundle, even if the parts were mixed and matched from other sets.

I would think standing is the best for visibility, but if you want to include a pic of you in some other pose feel free. Two pics of the same set would still be one submission, and we would only use one picture for the second round.
    i have a question .... which maybe an idea in itself. but i dont wanna reveal to others.

can i make a private message to you Mr.StillNotFull (how long willl u keep eating, even if u are in some unimaginable way attracted to spoons) b:wink.
    It's not eating with spoons, it's eatwithspoons! As in "Hey you! Eat with spoons nao!" or "Pardon me madam, eat with spoons?"

sure if you don't wanna give your idea away by asking the question, message me
    I did similar and read the website rules before the forum, my set is uncropped and all(the website rules kinda confused me). Ah well, please don't shoot us for it, as the "full" rules are only here.
    We're not going to burn you at the stake for it. The real reason why I ask for it cropped is because I've been experimenting with JPEGs, and an uncropped PWI screenshot with a decent resolution comes in at about 850k. Unfortunately this means that the majority of the memory that the picture takes up isn't even of your character. If you cropped a really high res pic we could probably get a closer view of your set rather than when we see in a plain screenshot. Does that make sense? Haven't finished my coffee yet.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    We're not going to burn you at the stake for it. The real reason why I ask for it cropped is because I've been experimenting with JPEGs, and an uncropped PWI screenshot with a decent resolution comes in at about 850k. Unfortunately this means that the majority of the memory that the picture takes up isn't even of your character. If you cropped a really high res pic we could probably get a closer view of your set rather than when we see in a plain screenshot. Does that make sense? Haven't finished my coffee yet.

This kinda worries me because I'm trying to theme my sets and some of them require background to make sense. I used the screenshot feature to zoom in on my char so I think that you can see the fashion well enough that if I keep it under 1MB background is fine?

I'd post a pic but... yeah. Not happening. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    This kinda worries me because I'm trying to theme my sets and some of them require background to make sense. I used the screenshot feature to zoom in on my char so I think that you can see the fashion well enough that if I keep it under 1MB background is fine?

I'd post a pic but... yeah. Not happening. b:chuckle

Oh no, that's perfectly OK. b:victory but you can crop out the UI stuff at least which is what we really don't need.
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Aww, poor spoons... So many questions to answer already and it's only the start of the day for you. :(

[hands you a venti cup of Starbucks Caramel Machiato]
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D