EVENT: Fashion Contest (q&a)[closed for entries]

Options
eatwithspoons
eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
event_details_banner_06232009_fashion.jpg
This thread is for discussion of the event only, if you have a question please post it here and we'll try to get you an answer. We highly suggest that you do not post your entries here as they all must be received via e-mail, and we wouldn't want to give away your ideas b:chuckle

"They say fashion is subjective, and that may be so, but half the fun of being fashionable is getting to show the world your style! Now you can pit your fashion sense up against others to see whose style appeals to the masses. Can you handle it? Of course you can! Will you win? Only time will tell.

Here's how it works:
* Take a few screenshots of your favorite fashion, feel free to mix-and-match.
* Think of a cool name for your fashion.
* Crop up your image to reduce the overall size and so you can make your character as big as possible within size constraints.
* Save your images in JPEG, files under 1Mb are preferred.
* Send the pictures, your fashion name, and your character name and server to: pwi-events@perfectworldinc.com

All submissions are due by Monday, June 29th at 10am PST!

During the week of July 6th we will post 5 finalists of each gender and ask our users to vote for their favorite. Those who make it to the top 10 as well as the highest rated male and female fashions will win!

Finalists who made it to the poll will win their choice of one unreleased fashion set as their prize (pictured in the post below)

The two winners of the user poll will win:

* One additional unreleased set choice, in addition to the one from making it to the finals.
* Your set will be permanently added to the cash shop, given the name of your choosing.

We hope to see you all in your best outfits and ready to strut your stuff!"

questions and answers:

q: Wouldn't players just be using the fashion that's already in the game to create the mix and match? If it's added into cash shop under a "new" name, wouldn't there be a double?

a: The fashions are mix and match, including color differences and the like. So it will be a set of the specific fashion items that you were wearing with the same colors that you used. Basically any combination of set items and any colors you can make in the game.

q: What happens if two (or more) people come up with the same idea (and same color)? What happens then? Do you (the GMs) pick the first one who submitted it?

a: We're hoping your style is unique enough for that not to happen, but if this happened we would most likely choose the one that we felt was best executed. There should be no direct copying as entries are being submitted via e-mail instead of the forum.

q: Can we submit multiple entries for different characters?

a: Sure you can, however please keep this within reason. Reasonable is maybe 3 to 4 MAX(we'd love just one too), unreasonable is anything more than that. Keep in mind that the more entries we receive means it will take longer to move into the next round. We would of course prefer one super polished and awesome entry instead of 4 moderately decent ones.

q: If I can send in more than 1, can I submit all in one mail or should I send one mail per outfit?

a: Send them in a single e-mail, make sure to include the info for each fashion that you submit

q: what about multiple entries for same character?

a: As long as it is within reason (see above), but we will only choose one entry max per person.

q: can it be from (my) servers or only pwi fashion ?

a: It must be from this version. It wouldn't make much sense for us to accept submissions that are not from our version of the game.

q: Is the color fixed or should it be able to dye, the set you make?

a: Dye it any color that you can make in the game, the color will be included in your named set if you win.

q: If we were to dye something via the seamstress, and she were to give us a color that is not the "fixed" color given, let's say, you get a darker shade of red (so it's not pure red, but more of a "blood" red), would we have to say so in our email to you?

a: Nope, as long as the set exists on your character we will be able to accurately recreate it.

q: Will the prize be given out randomly dyed, or dyed to your specifications?

a: It will be given out as the PWI gods created it, you'll most likely have to dye it yourself.

q: Are there image size/file type specifications entries should follow?

a: Good question, please send only JPEG images, 1 MB or smaller please

q: And we're allowed to use clothes from the 'try clothes' option?

a:Yes you can choose to use the "try clothes" option, but make sure to crop your images so we know what you're submitting. save your images in the biggest possible filesize you can in JPEG, list the items that you were trying on. Basically that's going to be an overcomplicated kind of submission, and the image will look a lot worse because, for me at least, that little view window shows your character models SAVAGELY bitmapped around the edges. So yes, but if you can avoid it that might be for the best.

q: just submitted mine but i am afraid the files are attached instead of onto the body page

a: Attachments are fine

q: I know you want them to be sent via email but do you want different angles in different jpg files or is it alright to photoshop it up a bit and put everything in one file?

a: No photoshopping stuff if you can help it please. We want one image of your character, not a whole bunch of small images that we can't see very closely. If you planned to submit more than one(we only really need one) please keep them separate and as large as you can while following the size guidelines, this will help us to see what you're wearing.

q: Do I need to list the item names of what I am wearing?

a: As long as you have the set on your character there is no need to tell us specifics regarding which pieces you have, we can check that ourselves. If you borrowed some items from a friend then please try to list them just for our reference.

More updated answers to come....
Post edited by eatwithspoons on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    First! I hope I don't get in trouble at work. It's all this event's fault! Getting me all excited. D:

I'm happy to say that most of the questions asked are from my post. :D~

Last question (I hope): If we were to dye something via the seamstress, and she were to give us a color that is not the "fixed" color given, let's say, you get a darker shade of red (so it's not pure red, but more of a "blood" red), would we have to say so in our email to you?

Example:

[screenshot here]
    Details of screenshot:
    Top used - Wingspan gown [black]
    Bottom used - Wingspan skirt [blood red]

Would we have to list the colors we used? Or could you (the GM) figure it out on your own via the screenshot given? :3

I'm sorry for asking complicated questions. >_<
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Ainte - Lost City
    Ainte - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

a: Sure you can, however please keep this within reason. Reasonable is maybe 3 to 4 MAX(we'd love just one too), unreasonable is anything more than that. Keep in mind that the more entries we receive means it will take longer to move into the next round. We would of course prefer one super polished and awesome entry instead of 4 moderately decent ones.

what about multiple entries for same character?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options

what about multiple entries for same character?

I think spoons had meant 3 to 4 entries max per person. Simply because like he said, it would take LONGER for them to move onto the next round. And then it means we (the reason who made the event longer) would have to wait longer to find out the results. And the anticipation would probably kill us.
    I call it how I see it.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Updated:

q: what about multiple entries for same character?

a: As long as it is within reason (see above), but we will only choose one entry max per person.

q: If we were to dye something via the seamstress, and she were to give us a color that is not the "fixed" color given, let's say, you get a darker shade of red (so it's not pure red, but more of a "blood" red), would we have to say so in our email to you?

a: Nope, as long as the set exists on your character we will be able to accurately recreate it.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes! I was accurately able to figure out what spoons had meant! [high five]!

Time to use my creative side of the brain when I get back home from work. :D~
    I call it how I see it.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So, the set that is put in the cash shop will be a fixed color, or able to be dyed?

And for the first female fashion prize set (the very top image on the post), is there another image that shows the shoes it comes with? Or doesn't it come with shoes? D=

Q: Will the prize be given out randomly dyed, or dyed to your specifications?

Q: Are there image size/file type specifications entries should follow?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elegy - Heavens Tear
    Elegy - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Question:
    I know it was said that you had to enter all of your entries in one email, but
    I already sent in an entry already before i realized there was a (jumped the gun, i was excited b:chuckle).

Ive come up with some new ideas, but since I already sent in an email, does that mean i cant send in anymore?

I would sent the rest in on one email, of course, but i was curious as to whether or not i could
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah...this should be fun!

The hardest part will be choosing which outfit to submit!!

Us wardrobe junkies will be taking a lot of ss's in order to determine the best entry possible.

Too many to choose from b:surrender

But must enter....must....get....new....fashion b:sweatb:beg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    do we need to say teh name fo teh clotehs we wear and teh colour?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Question:
    I know it was said that you had to enter all of your entries in one email, but
    I already sent in an entry already before i realized there was a (jumped the gun, i was excited b:chuckle).

Ive come up with some new ideas, but since I already sent in an email, does that mean i cant send in anymore?

I would sent the rest in on one email, of course, but i was curious as to whether or not i could

That's fine, but make sure not to let them add up. i.e. one e-mail with one entry, another with three, another with three more, etc. We really want to be fair to players who do not have the time to make lots of submissions.
    do we need to say teh name fo teh clotehs we wear and teh colour?
    Read teh answers please :D
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Read teh answers please :D

i wanted to edit it but u answer in 1 second ~_~' (wtf i wrote it wrong 3 times ._. ok fine... u win)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Akah - Harshlands
    Akah - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Unreleased set choices for winners.
    fem_choice01.jpg
    fem_choice02.jpg
    male_choice01.jpg
    male_choice02.jpg

Are you able to provide us with pictures of these sets on other Characters as the Male Sets on the untamed character don't give us Human/Elves much of an idea how they will look,

Thanks,
    /Akah
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Unreleased set choices for winners.
    fem_choice01.jpg

uhm...no shoes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Are you able to provide us with pictures of these sets on other Characters as the Male Sets on the untamed character don't give us Human/Elves much of an idea how they will look,

Thanks,
    /Akah
    Sorry those are the stock images that we have, I don't have test server access so I can't get you the sets on other character models
    uhm...no shoes...?
    Lol, yeah i don't know
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you'd beg more pics off someone who does, we'd wuv you forever! :o b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mazidox
    mazidox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So basically, it's spend lots of virtual money, real money, or don't get to enter at all? ._.
    1PxMOdN.png
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    mazidox wrote: »
    So basically, it's spend lots of virtual money, real money, or don't get to enter at all? ._.

What is there to gaming if it doesn't involve acquiring and spending virtual money? I wasn't aware that anyone plays the game just to save and nothing else.

There are plenty of ways to get fashion sets without spending real money, whether you choose to do this or not is of course your choice.
  • mazidox
    edited June 2009
    Options
    What is there to gaming if it doesn't involve acquiring and spending virtual money? I wasn't aware that anyone plays the game just to save and nothing else.

There are plenty of ways to get fashion sets without spending real money, whether you choose to do this or not is of course your choice.
    Personally, I'm not the richest person on Perfect World. I spend my money on cheaper things because I actually need them for keeping my character strong =/
    Spending coins would be the only way, but money isn't easy for me to just come by.
    1PxMOdN.png
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you'd beg more pics off someone who does, we'd wuv you forever! :o b:kiss

Dinner Jacket w/ Dark Boots

Kinda an odd paring, but the Dinner Jacket is amazing b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    mazidox wrote: »
    Personally, I'm not the richest person on Perfect World. I spend my money on cheaper things because I actually need them for keeping my character strong =/
    Spending coins would be the only way, but money isn't easy for me to just come by.

I know exactly what you mean. I definitely won't be participating in this with my real character, not really the biggest fashion person. But judging is funnnnnnnnb:shutup
  • mazidox
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I definitely won't be participating in this with my real character, not really the biggest fashion person. But judging is funnnnnnnnb:shutup
    I guess...

I'd love to participate, really. But it doesn't seem anybody thinks armor is fashionable. If drawing outfits from pure imagination was the case, I would definitely join. But that would just make things difficult.
    1PxMOdN.png
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah definitely, but we have to work with what we've got
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    What if we used random dyes to get the colours? cos' all my stuff is randomly dyed.

Should I guess at the colour when I send it?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Options
    What if we used random dyes to get the colours? cos' all my stuff is randomly dyed.

Should I guess at the colour when I send it?

As long as you have the item and you didn't just photoshop the color we will be able to recreate it. Don't worry about the color aspect too much *rubs hands together in an evil manner*
    edited June 2009
    Options
    And we're allowed to use clothes from the 'try clothes' option?

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    And we're allowed to use clothes from the 'try clothes' option?
    im gona awoid u....(tho thats gona be hard u always askin for a rez <.<)
    *rubs hands together in an evil manner*

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Come on spoons, I have an itchy E-Mail finger ready to go, just need confirmation on the try clothes thingy.

O,.,O Rawr

edited June 2009
    Options
    BUMP! b:angry