PW Database Question

Options
Zetarana - Heavens Tear
Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
I found a post regarding the name "differences" for some of the materials.

Is there anything out there for the mob names?

In PWDatabase some of the mobs don't have locations listed, so I cannot just go "there" and start randomly killing mobs and see what drops...

Frustrating to be sure. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

THX in Advance.
Zetarana - Arcane Veno
Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
Faction: Nocturne
Post edited by Zetarana - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Because they don't exist here yet lol.

Anywho, to the previous thing, I think I know what you're talking about. Say you want to know Jewelscalen's name on the MY server. Under the PWI database, type in Jewelscalen and it will take you to the page of that boss, then on the upper right, click on the MY flag and it'll take you to the MY version, which would be GulesScales - FlyingDracon.

xD Hope that made sense/that was what you were looking for.
  • Ainte - Lost City
    Ainte - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think that mobs that dont have locations on pw database, dont exist in pwi....
    you can always check it the way jaeseu suggested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I will try that, Thanks!

I'll let you know how that worked...

EDIT: OMG - I am a Dumb4ss... I was on the MY database the whole time... I was using the pictures to identify stuff, like they do on McDonalds' registers now... HaHaHa

If you can't laugh at yourself...

Thanks Again, I wouldn't have noticed I was on the wrong flag unless you had mentioned them.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Basically I need to farm some Mats before I get so far out of range of my level to mobs that the mat drops disappear altogether. The way I figure it, it may take a while between drops but I will get coin and XP while doing it.

Instead of paying catshop prices, I'll basically be paying myself... and leveling a couple of pets that need it.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Basically I need to farm some Mats before I get so far out of range of my level to mobs that the mat drops disappear altogether. The way I figure it, it may take a while between drops but I will get coin and XP while doing it.

Instead of paying catshop prices, I'll basically be paying myself... and leveling a couple of pets that need it.
    I've seen too many people make this mistake. There is an opportunity cost to killing the mobs yourself. The time you spend doing that is time you're not spending doing other stuff you need for quests or whatever.

Unless you need to kill those mobs, it is generally much more efficient for you to kill stuff you need to be killing (for quests, or something closer to your level that gives better exp + loot). Take the coin you make from doing that, and set up a cat shop offering to buy those mats from areas where they are dropped. Say the mat-dropping mobs give you 75k/hr in loot (25k/hr of which is mats you need). If some mobs closer to your level give 100k/hr in loot, you can spend 25k/hr to just buy the mats you need and still wind up with 75k/hr in loot. The better exp tips the balance towards killing the non-mat-dropping mobs.

And at your level, you should be leveling your pets in Cube room #4.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've seen too many people make this mistake. There is an opportunity cost to killing the mobs yourself. The time you spend doing that is time you're not spending doing other stuff you need for quests or whatever.

Unless you need to kill those mobs, it is generally much more efficient for you to kill stuff you need to be killing (for quests, or something closer to your level that gives better exp + loot). Take the coin you make from doing that, and set up a cat shop offering to buy those mats from areas where they are dropped. Say the mat-dropping mobs give you 75k/hr in loot (25k/hr of which is mats you need). If some mobs closer to your level give 100k/hr in loot, you can spend 25k/hr to just buy the mats you need and still wind up with 75k/hr in loot. The better exp tips the balance towards killing the non-mat-dropping mobs.

Solandri, that is what she wants to do, and not everything is about making as much coin as possible or being as efficient as possible. Sometimes people just do things because they can. You might not agree with it, or believe they are playing the game right or how you would play the game, but that is highly irrelevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options

Hadn't considered the TIME factor... THX

For me personally, it depends on the cost of the catshop item in question, how far from it am I at the time I need it, and how big the gap between my level and the mob's that drops it or (% chance of item dropping).

Time can be irrelavent If I am leveling a pet. Speaking of which I'll need to go look at that Cube Guide, and weigh the cost benefit of that...

Thanks to all for your ideas and suggestions.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
  • jaeseu
    edited June 2009
    Options

To be honest, I gave up that room. It was too expensive and time-consuming to try to get to that room and I don't have much luck, haha. And I still can't figure out how to use the forges inside cube...do they even work? ~_~;;;
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So correct me if I am wrong...
    [1] Fate's Beginning
    Trade your Duty Badge for a Puzzle Cube at the Room 1 Teleport Master
    Use the Forge beside him to repair, buy potions, and exchange Mirage Celestones for Dice Tickets
    Choose 'Start the Challenge' to exchange your Puzzle Cube and 1 Dice Ticket, for a random die (1-6)
    Right click on the die, and you'll move forward that many rooms i.e. if you get a 5 die and you're in room 1, you'll end up in room 6...

[4] Mice Bashing
    Kill 10 monsters, 1 hit each, use auto attack, get a die.

As I understand it based on this, there is a "chance" for me to get to room 4, that I need to spend celestones to get to?

If someone could simplify it just in the context of getting to Bash Mice, that would be great.

THX
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
  • jaeseu
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Everyday you can collect a Duty Badge from the Adventure Assistant.

You need that and a dice ticket (should bring more than one, really - mirages can be exchanged for two dice tickets) and you talk to the dude in the middle of Cube. He'll give you a puzzle cube/random dice, which you will right-click and it'll take you to a random room. You will know what room you will get because the dice will tell you the number it will roll.

You would be very lucky if you get dice number three, because that takes you straight to room four.

But say you got dice one. When you complete that room, you can try to get dice two so you can get to room four...does that make sense? XD

But if you get like, dice four, five, or six, you'll have to start over - either by somehow killing yourself (you won't lose EXP), town teleport (will take you back to the beginning of cube), or you could try to cancel the quest if it's in your log...

TBH, I think it's a waste of money mostly unless you're covered in luck and manage to get dice three your first or even second try.

Oh...and once you leave Cube, you can't use the Cube until the next day.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just to clarify, I understand the gist of how it worked just wanted to be sure about the whole dice thing. THX

It seems I can find better uses for Mirage Stones, at this level of the game.

I'll just sic the pets on the lower level critters to get the mats I need while leveling the pets w/o having to constantly heal them. It may take longer but I'll get coin and DQ items to sell later, that may just pay for the time factor in itself.

Thx to everyone for their responses...
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno