Kittys In The Building revisal

Options
Calibria - Heavens Tear
Calibria - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
Needed some fixes restructured with additions to simplify the first KIB thread. It was a rough start last time with all my grouped postings but I hope this easy-to-read version favors more players who whether you knew it or not also felt some of this was always what the game needed.

Within the 4 major cities create a system where players can store, buy & sell items in the buildings instantly and still be away to do quests while their items are being bought and sold. Items in the new shops would be available instantly to the first buyer and picked up in storage! Have the option to use order forms to list any items you cannot find on sale for a competitive price. Meaning a top price in which you and other buyers looking for the same items are willing to pay. Sellers will be looking for the highest offers placed sell to. The same idea for buyers looking for the cheapest competitive prices.

Most of the options Ill list are meant to work together in the new market.

Option A. Buildings
Stores and Malls can become some of the buildings in pwi that serve no purpose either newly placed or refaced to resemble a market house (clicking it opens the shopping browser). Minimize the clutter outside if clicking on a building makes you invisible to other players (you'd be inside so to speak, doing your business). Imagine this is also a browser similar to the auction house but instead it replaces the outside environment completely as a new interior screen which uses advanced search and display function for images, item price, quantity, seller, description, etc.
There would be 2 types of stores:

1 a faction mall host by npc or the city territory owner with guest factions shops.
2 an NPC run general store for all players faction or non.

Option B. Faction Shop
Located within mall type buildings and are by default NPC owned, these buildings can otherwise be purchased by a city's Territory Owner (more on this in Option F).
Have faction owned shops placed inside market/mall buildings limiting 1 room to each faction in each of the major cities. To run a shop your faction has to purchase space with store room key in the cash shop(see option D). Each member of your faction can now list their own goods (free) through the faction store. Multiple factions would host a shop the same way in each mall. Every time they place a shop in a new city the same listings appear for that group. Disallow this spread option from the general npc run shops (GMS Option C) giving ionly those with faction membership such a unique benefit. All items purchased must from a faction store is picked up from the faction's storeroom.

Players w/o a faction would always have to set up shop in the general market but shoppers located in another city would not have access to any of your items unless they visited the city where your shop is located.

Option C. General Market Store GMS
General Market Store is an NPC owned building and cant be bought. GMS is simple and serves non faction players and faction players. Disallow cat shops in the 4 major cities and relegate them to only small towns. Now the GENERAL MARKET STORE is the prime shop space available to anyone to share but it is the only place you have to be fairly charged fees for listing since there is only 1 store room for everything in GMS solo vending.
A smaller compartment version of GMS compartment would be made to purchase for territory owners from the boutique to use as part of their mall. This new compartment is for bonus profit because it brings a limited number of solo vendors to your mall. It works both ways as when lucky solo sellers get a spot they are offered more marketing options such as spreading and feature listing much like the Territory faction has for itself. If you are doing business in general market store usage is non limited whereas the smaller GMS compartment stores provides limited usage time with reservations.

Option D. Store Room Key
Each faction gets the chance to buy a STORE ROOM KEY (consumable) from the PWI boutique for its Faction store to use in the market/mall. This key offers medium, large or unlimited sizes in storage space. The default size is small and very limited that it would not accommodate a full faction except the faction owner would be able to conduct a small amount of business for himself. The bigger the store room the more options available to faction members, including storage space. The SRK is nec to keep the shop remotely running for members who will have multiple orders come in, sales, coin, stock items to sell later or trade/sell within faction. This store room is also where customers pick up their recently purchased items. With the unlimited key all faction members can sell ALL their stuff at the same time. An unlimited store room key for a level 3 Faction's Store would be perfect with its member capacity for its storage room space. The unlimited SRK should be available to all factions at any level but is reserved as the most expensive of the three keys.

Option E. Store lease
Ive thought about the lease over and over again and decided this wont work well for noe as a cash shop item. Buying a Store room key should be enough if it allows different sized rooms to be sold to any lvl faction. Then all you do is rent (lease) the spot in the building from either the npc or faction owned building.

Option F. Faction Territory conglomerate
I think a lot of you territory guys would like this. A Faction who owns the territory surrounding any major city would have extra benefits such as automatic ownership of at least one shop building upon capturing a city. They get to have featured items listed from all of its faction members, placement of general shops for non faction members and the option later on to buy other faction malls. Every other faction who set up shop in their building has leased their space from the territory shop owner. If your faction set up shop with the other npc owned shops you only need to buy a storage room key from the pwi boutique to keep it running while you lease the spot (gotta throw in those cash shop items!). Just as the lease eventually runs out, a lease with the territory shop owner is also timed but can be automatically recurring if opted by your faction.

This is new opportunity is a great reason to get territory wars running over each major city in order to make large sums of money running a chain of markets. So if your faction owns the territory around, lets say, Etherblade, you know you will already have (free) ownership of one of the new market/mall buildings where a host of other factions and players set up their vending shops and are now paying you. Once the Territory Faction fails to defend the city against an opposing faction, business transfers to the winning faction automatically. The losing faction's shop would be demoted placed temporarily with the rest of the guest factions in any building once that spot was reserved prior. If not the new territory owner gets one chance to choose to place the loser's old shop under theirs for profit Youd likely want the opposite if you lost the town. Any purchased GMS compartments vendors will be reabsorbed into the NPC owned GMS buildings and cannot be taken.

Option G. Faction Store Logos
Consumable logo scroll from the cash shop for faction shop. Faction creates 1 logo for use as store sign.
Characters;
CALIBRIA- main- active- *GRINDERS

XERACOTYL- semi-active- *DarkFlare

ASFAULT- active- *DarkFlare

Tired of babysitting your CATSHOP? Visit my suggestion threads: KITTYS IN THE BUILDING and KIB revised @pwi.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Calibria - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Calibria - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    like any of these ideas? Kick around a few with me if you will and keep the thread going. I think a lot of issues could be solved as well as adding really cool things that would make marketing in perfect world just a little easier.
    Characters;

Tired of babysitting your CATSHOP? Visit my suggestion threads: KITTYS IN THE BUILDING and KIB revised @pwi.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Bump...thoughts anyone?
    Characters;

• Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i like most ideas, though, i would like to add something, maybe a option to see who is buying this or that (example: You want to buy 1 socket stone for 3k, theres another in sale for 2k, it automatically buys it) you would be able to see listings of buyers along with the listings of sellers, apart of that, i only dislike the fees lol
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i like most ideas, though, i would like to add something, maybe a option to see who is buying this or that (example: You want to buy 1 socket stone for 3k, theres another in sale for 2k, it automatically buys it) you would be able to see listings of buyers along with the listings of sellers, apart of that, i only dislike the fees lol

that was same idea I dropped in the first paragraph of this topic! for both buyers and sellers...I think you just broke it down more in detail for us, but its all there!
    Characters;

edited July 2009
    Options
    bump! Have a nice day.
    Characters;

• Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I like option A... Choice 2

The benefits of TW already make a staggering monopoly of extra Cash as it is... They sure don't need any extra when they own more then 5 territories. Maybe if they own less then 5 I could see option 1.