Looking for ideas for a "unique" class setup

Comments

• BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    LOL, this is my fun without compensation. Altho my mother plays here as well. She told me she wasn't spending anymore money on this game. I explained to her she wasn't buying the game, she was buying the entertainment. Maybe I'll take my own advice as it seems fit here.

Hey thank you very much, but I will continue to pay for my pepsi's and love every minute of it!!!! Yes I know unhealthy!

I meant years as in your own birth years lol the concept of fun without compensation seems to escape you. b:bye
    But dont worry your not sane at all, we all arent. b:laugh TBH probably a bit tilting on the INsane side due to chained ideals. 100.00 on games? ppft. How much $$ do you spend on food in a year getting yourself FAT? b:chuckle Its such the norm now, its hard to realize 99% of us pay to get unhealthy. Now thats not sane.

And who the hell is gonna spend 100.00 on an idea like this? Hellloooo to limitations? Read again, its just for fun. Common sense will tell you their not gonna take it over Lv70 hell even Lv60 to pitch in ANY RL money for it, Ms sane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    LOL, this is my fun without compensation. Altho my mother plays here as well. She told me she wasn't spending anymore money on this game. I explained to her she wasn't buying the game, she was buying the entertainment. Maybe I'll take my own advice as it seems fit here.

Hey thank you very much, but I will continue to pay for my pepsi's and love every minute of it!!!! Yes I know unhealthy!
    Candy!
    drinks!
    <

insert PWI somewhere around here
    movies!
    plasma TV!
    clothes!
    zomg air.con.ditionnnn
    >.>
    <.<
    <_> that is all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A bow veno would qualify for "unique." There might only be 1 on all the servers. o.o

It could work. Use the standard archer build. The pet would slow monsters so you could shoot them... and hopefully the pet won't take aggro. >.> Your healing will suck so use boost if it does?

Iirc, venos can get the stash bows too.
  • Xueling_ - Heavens Tear
    Xueling_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A bow veno would qualify for "unique." There might only be 1 on all the servers. o.o

It could work. Use the standard archer build. The pet would slow monsters so you could shoot them... and hopefully the pet won't take aggro. >.> Your healing will suck so use boost if it does?

Iirc, venos can get the stash bows too.

Against non-elite mobs a high p. def pet with boost can tank. Just not bosses, mini bosses or elites which limits what a bow veno can solo, and to an extent what a axe/sword/fist veno can solo.
  • Virla - Sanctuary
    Virla - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wow a lot more input than I expected. Thanks for all the tips I can't wait to try my luck at creating a different setup that may not be effective but works well enough to play through the game. If I can ever get the game to work for me that is.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    <<<<Evasion Build Venomancer. And as far as I know? I'm the only one.b:pleasedb:laugh
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    <<<< two shots above poster in every duel :\.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    <<<< two shots above poster in every duel :\.

<<<Still keeps plugging away until he can beat above poster.

Soon, Tear. Soon. I almost got you that one time. Equal levels, it will be one hell of a match, and you and I both know it. I don't know if I ever can beat you, but I'm not gonna stop just because I get thoroughly destroyed every time. b:chuckle
    edited June 2009
    <<<Still keeps plugging away until he can beat above poster.

Soon, Tear. Soon. I almost got you that one time. Equal levels, it will be one hell of a match, and you and I both know it. I don't know if I ever can beat you, but I'm not gonna stop just because I get thoroughly destroyed every time. b:chuckle
    then i wish you luck in that feat, but remember, as you get more skilled, i will too :P.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    then i wish you luck in that feat, but remember, as you get more skilled, i will too :P.

Indeed. And that's why I enjoy you as a sparring partner. You're not just an idiot Veno sending a QQbird and running away. You send Q_Q at me, and unload your arsenal. Which is also why I have been very respectful of you, and not just gone for the pet kill. I do so enjoy killing the pets of Venos who do not have any respect. It's not the most expensive thing in the world, but loyalty isn't cheap. Of course... If I were to go for the pet kill with you, I'd still get waxed... Wood immunity would only last long enough to beat the pet, and then you'd beat the **** out of me just for being an ****.b:surrender

Now... Back to the Original Topic, which is unique builds. I have, or have been involved in the creation of, several builds that most people wouldn't touch with a 39 and a half foot pole. Among such include, an HA/AA Barbarian/BM, an HA/AA Cleric/Wizard. I've been kicking around the idea of a Veno with 3x Magic, no Vit, and every single spare point dumped into Str, to test out a Robe wearing Fox Veno. And, I've also overseen the creation of a Dex Wizard. Which is every single spare point dumped into a Robe build wizard, for the pushing of Crits, and Evasion. I've also tweaked around with an HA Archer... Meh... There's a reason they're LA...
    edited June 2009
    yeah a dex mag wizard would be fun, maybe go for the way my build is set up with vit mag, dumping vit for dex :P.

try that out
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm assuming an HA/AA wizard would be just as effective as an HA/AA veno, same for HA/AA vs LA clerics, about the same effectiveness. Just more expensive.

The dex dump does yield some interesting prospects, it's somewhere around... I think 8% base crit at 90 compared to the pure mag's 1% base :o Or at least it was last time I calculated it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    wah-...what is this dex wizard that you're speaking of? is this some sort of 6mag 3dex 1str every 2 lvls
    monstrosity?

also, how much is getting vit really worth on a robie class 90+? doesn't TT90 give a lot of vit? and can't you refine it a lot anyways?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Virla - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Alright I think I'm going to go with a Cleric but should I go heavy or light. More def or more dex with greater reliance on def buffs. Plan to use Magic sword so can cast healing spells on myself if the need arises no matter what the build. Just need to plan the stat point allocation.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Alright I think I'm going to go with a Cleric but should I go heavy or light. More def or more dex with greater reliance on def buffs. Plan to use Magic sword so can cast healing spells on myself if the need arises no matter what the build. Just need to plan the stat point allocation.

If you go heavy, just make sure you tell the parties you join, specialy if they are counting on you as the healer for the party..... It could be a nasty surprize to the tank when they find themselves running out of hp....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Virla - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Not to mention the initial shock of "what the **** is a cleric doing on the front"
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Not to mention the initial shock of "what the **** is a cleric doing on the front"

The answer is simple. "My job."
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The answer is simple. "My job."

Shouldn't the answer be "Your Job", followed by "Now buff me"
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Shouldn't the answer be "Your Job", followed by "Now buff me"

Touche. I guess I never thought of it that way before.
    edited June 2009
    also, how much is getting vit really worth on a robie class 90+? doesn't TT90 give a lot of vit? and can't you refine it a lot anyways?
    hell yes, within a few levels, and few more armor refines, ill have 6k hp my self :P while still managing a healthy 6K+ matk and 2k pdef :P.
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Want unique? Try playing a class with no armors. :D
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm thinking of a name,

L._._._._. J._._._._._._.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Want unique? Try playing a class with no armors. :D

Other than Venomancer? I'm pretty sure you could run around with no armor at all with little to no problem, for the most part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Other than Venomancer? I'm pretty sure you could run around with no armor at all with little to no problem, for the most part.

Yes we probably could. Good thing this isn't my main. :)
  • Virla - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Alright I think I've decided on a dex Cleric (Clerity) I've worked out to 3 mag until it reaches 402 to equip the highest level magic sword and 1 str and one dex once I have 402 mag I will put 1 point on str and 4 on dex. I'll equip acceceries with dodge and physical attack boost as well as equipment with bounuses to improve these.
    Im still fine tuning the plan but so far my plans we'll lead to approximatly these end game stats. http://www.ecatomb.net/character.php (32q056u2g3wiF****1E1x1y0A1v1A0E0E). Opinions and tips please?
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The highest magic necassary is 300. Thats the requirement for Sinranbasho and Nature Talker.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Virla - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    I was just looking at the level 36 magic sword which as an int requirement of 402, I guess it isn't the strongest ovr all but I guess I was just thinking of normal weps. but with 102 more pointsin dex could be well worth the sacrifice.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    heavy mage. why? it's awesome, it's rare, and you'll have more defense than barbarins.
  • Virla - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    How much of a decrese in staff level do you suffer because I ran into that road block for a heavy cleric, str and dex requirements were too steep to equip a decent magic sword thus is why I went more indepth on my clerity